Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Free Agency Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3928
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rb can be answered with FA or draft its not something to stress over as the bills have been able to have a solid back up for the last 2 decades and I expect it to continue.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 29037
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we let the Patriots get him, surely THAT won't come back to bit us in the [inappropriate/removed].
_________________


Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 6773
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Of course we let the Patriots get him, surely THAT won't come back to bit us in the [inappropriate/removed].


If they want to pay him more than AP is making then so be it. Would have been great to keep him but at that price? No chance. He's 27.

Bills can find a 22 year old for a fraction of the price who can still produce nice numbers behind this Oline.
_________________

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billsfaninptown


Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Posts: 229
Location: Portland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Of course we let the Patriots get him, surely THAT won't come back to bit us in the [inappropriate/removed].


If they want to pay him more than AP is making then so be it. Would have been great to keep him but at that price? No chance. He's 27.

Bills can find a 22 year old for a fraction of the price who can still produce nice numbers behind this Oline.

Of course he is making more than AP. Peterson is coming off of multiple knee injuries the last couple of years and is 32 years old with serious mileage. Gillislee is 26 years old with low mileage and a lot of upside. There's a reason the best organization in sports this millennium was willing to pay him and give up a draft pick.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3928
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the pats are so amazing at finding talent then how come they didnt pick him up in 2015 when he had no offers on the table and the bills signed him to the P-squad to many people give the pats credit but without Brady they wouldnt have had the success they have had based on the offseason moves that franchise has. Fact is gillislee was to expensive and not worth it. Bills wont have an issue filling this spot and they added a pick they can use on another position.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leeevans83d


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 2775
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
If the pats are so amazing at finding talent then how come they didnt pick him up in 2015 when he had no offers on the table and the bills signed him to the P-squad to many people give the pats credit but without Brady they wouldnt have had the success they have had based on the offseason moves that franchise has. Fact is gillislee was to expensive and not worth it. Bills wont have an issue filling this spot and they added a pick they can use on another position.


The Bills are good at finding talent for cheap. They are not good at retaining that talent to keep them away from division foes (IE: Hogan, Gillislee).

The only player that comes to mind that we got for nothing and actually retained is Jerry Hughes.
_________________
GO BILLS/SABRES
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group