Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

6th pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bianconero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Rgd Rockie_8's dream scenario of trading down, still drafting OJ Howard and picking up an extra second

That would also be a dream scenario for me, but it will be unlikely that OJ is still there

What I'm trying to say is that I'd still be super cool with Christian McCaffrey, who I think can be just as valuable to our offense

Players that might be around from 12 - 18:

1. TE OJ Howard (?)
2. RB Christian McCaffrey
3. WR Corey Davis
4. WR John Ross

1. Malik Hooker (?)
2. Soloman Thomas (?)
3. Gareon Conley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who I think: Howard

Who I want: Hooker/Howard/Adams(if available)
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I guess I should've been more clear. I see a lot putting down Adams as who they want (I'd love Adams too) but I think there's a slim chance he's available at 6. So I guess I should've stated a realistic option at 6. I mean wouldn't we all say we "want" Garrett?!?!

I'm I think you are off here. I see some experts having Adams fall as far as 10. The only guy that is 100% not going to be there is Myles Garrett. I think everyone else is in play for pick 6. I personal feel very strong that Adams will be there because there are so few Safeties ever picked in the top 5. I think the last one picked in the top 5 was back in the 90's.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I guess I should've been more clear. I see a lot putting down Adams as who they want (I'd love Adams too) but I think there's a slim chance he's available at 6. So I guess I should've stated a realistic option at 6. I mean wouldn't we all say we "want" Garrett?!?!

I'm I think you are off here. I see some experts having Adams fall as far as 10. The only guy that is 100% not going to be there is Myles Garrett. I think everyone else is in play for pick 6. I personal feel very strong that Adams will be there because there are so few Safeties ever picked in the top 5. I think the last one picked in the top 5 was back in the 90's.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who I think (and also really want to avoid): Marshon Lattimore

Who I want: Fournette, Hooker, Adams, Watson in that order
epjet21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who I think : Lattimore

Who I want : Adams
xrade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who I think: Thomas or Barnett

Who I want: Hooker
SDotNova

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who I think: Hooker

Who I want: Adams

I think there's a chance Adams falls to the Jets. If the Bears go QB instead of Adams, I think he will fall to us. Also, if the Bears or 49ers take a QB, that will put pressure on the Browns to trade up for a QB. I think there's a chance two QBs get picked in the Top 10. Which means that some of these position players could fall further than expected.
Rich51

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who I think - Lattimore

Who I want - without the hamstring issues I'd be happy with Lattimore but as some ex player said if you have hamstring problems in college it will be worst in the pros.

That leaves me in a quandary because the guys I want at the beginning of this process all have warts - Foster would be a perfect replacement for Harris but did he dilute his system to hide drug use? Barnett just seems to me to be more suited for a 4-3. Hooker didn't test so I wouldn't gamble on him at 6. Adams seems like a possible very good SS but I think we need a FS more.

So I find that I really want to trade down and take edge rushers Reddick or Watt or OTs Bolles, Ramcyzk or Lamp. Lamp seems too small to play LT but he does have the best feet and if given the chance might be able to play LT (he is bigger than Beachum)in the pros. At worst he will probably start at center, be a pro bowl guard eventually who could play Tackle in a pinch. Foster, Hooker, Barnett or Adams with an extra 2nd rounder wouldn't be bad either, but I feel that the 3 most important positions are QB, a LT to protect the QB and an edge rusher to disrupt the QB.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHARLIE HARRIS..........
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think and I want Jamal Adams. In my mind, the only team who would truly take him before our pick is CHI. More reports seem to indicate that Lattimore/Howard is TEN target, but I guess we can say he's in play there too. Still, legitimate odds that he will be there for us... the report about us asking why he even bothered coming to visit just seems like a compliment; the Jets FO knows that anything can happen on draft day (see Leonard Williams).

I think the top 4 picks are going to be some combination of Garrett/Fournette/Thomas with a wildcard (maybe Cam Robinson, Allen, McCaffrey, or a QB). If Trubisky is still there at 5 who knows? Maybe CLE moves up with them and Adams falls in our laps. Not unreasonable.

However, if we are to assume Adams is gone...
I think: Marshon Lattimore
I want: OJ Howard
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
I think and I want Jamal Adams. In my mind, the only team who would truly take him before our pick is CHI. More reports seem to indicate that Lattimore/Howard is TEN target, but I guess we can say he's in play there too. Still, legitimate odds that he will be there for us... the report about us asking why he even bothered coming to visit just seems like a compliment; the Jets FO knows that anything can happen on draft day (see Leonard Williams).

I think the top 4 picks are going to be some combination of Garrett/Fournette/Thomas with a wildcard (maybe Cam Robinson, Allen, McCaffrey, or a QB). If Trubisky is still there at 5 who knows? Maybe CLE moves up with them and Adams falls in our laps. Not unreasonable.

If we do pick at 6th the only players I want is

Howard, LF, or Cook
Was that Cleveland trade just a rumor, any fact that it is legit??
Jag68Sid87

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who I want: Fournette

Who I think: Adams or Hooker
jetfuel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

If we do pick at 6th the only players I want is

Howard, LF, or Cook
Was that Cleveland trade just a rumor, any fact that it is legit??

Everything is a rumor this time of year. The Browns have been talking with several teams about moving up. Most reports are that the Browns will deal with the Titans because it would almost be the same price as the Jets pick. They can jump the Jets who might take the QB they want. I think this trade will not happen until the Browns see who is on the board at pick 5.

Side note this could all change if the Browns take Mitch at number 1 which is a very good chance. There are more reports out that they will take Mitch over Myles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: