Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Simulation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JetsFan15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Draft Simulation Reply with quote

Did a quick Draftwired simulation draft... only did three rounds:

Traded down with Cleveland - NYJ 1st rounder, sixth overall for the Browns 12th overall, 52nd overall and 181st overall.

R1 - 12: NYJ take OJ Howard, TE
R2 - 39: NYJ take John Ross, WR (I know, not a huge need area, but I could not pass on him and the trade back scenarios where not worth it IMO)
R2 - 52: NYJ Adoree Jackson, CB
R3 - 70: Marcus Williams, FS

Trade Up with Seattle - NYJ trades pick 107 and 191 for Seattle's 102

R3 - 102: NYJ Fabian Moreau, CB (could not believe he was till there so jumped to make sure we secured another high upside CB)

Overall, turned 3 top 107 picks into 5. Feel like I got great talent. I think Howard is a difference maker. Ross is one of the top WR and play makers in the draft. Then feel like I really remade our secondary with three guys who are play makers and good cover guys.

Thoughts??
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really want Ross but at the same time if I could sign up for this draft I would.
JetsFan15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
I don't really want Ross but at the same time if I could sign up for this draft I would.

I did not really plan on drafting him either but I felt I had to take him at that spot. Too much value for me. I see him as Desean Jackson type and great in the slot. I would imagine if that really happened, a better trade down option would pop up then what the simulator offered me.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Simulation Reply with quote

JetsFan15 wrote:
Did a quick Draftwired simulation draft... only did three rounds:

Traded down with Cleveland - NYJ 1st rounder, sixth overall for the Browns 12th overall, 52nd overall and 181st overall.

R1 - 12: NYJ take OJ Howard, TE
R2 - 39: NYJ take John Ross, WR (I know, not a huge need area, but I could not pass on him and the trade back scenarios where not worth it IMO)
R2 - 52: NYJ Adoree Jackson, CB
R3 - 70: Marcus Williams, FS

Trade Up with Seattle - NYJ trades pick 107 and 191 for Seattle's 102

R3 - 102: NYJ Fabian Moreau, CB (could not believe he was till there so jumped to make sure we secured another high upside CB)

Overall, turned 3 top 107 picks into 5. Feel like I got great talent. I think Howard is a difference maker. Ross is one of the top WR and play makers in the draft. Then feel like I really remade our secondary with three guys who are play makers and good cover guys.

Thoughts??

I like it, we sure do need help on offensive.
Jag68Sid87

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly take this draft, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: