Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's your big board? 2017 edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ima_boss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albeit I certainly haven't spent the most time watching all these players, I'd really like one of these guys at #24:

1. Reuben Foster
2. Gareon Conley
3. Jarrad Davis
4. Haasan Reddick
5. Kevin King

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to post my final big board of the season. Guys who I'm eliminated due to my expectation of availability: Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas, Jamal Adams, Jonathan Allen, Marshon Lattimore, O.J. Howard, Malik Hooker, Leonard Fournette, Christian McCaffrey, Mitch Trubisky, Haason Reddick, Corey Davis, Derek Barnett, David Njoku, Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Haason Reddick, Forrest Lamp

1. Obi Melifonwu, DB, Connecticut
I've already written about him ad nauseam. Athletic freak with tangible football ability. He'd immediately bolster a back end whether it be at free or strong safety. He can also play corner in a pinch.

2. Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
Just a handful of days ago, finding Foster at 24th was a pipe dream. While there's still a good chance he's taken before the Raiders selection, some teams may be scared off by his off-field indiscretion this draft season. Foster is a dynamo at either linebacker spot, but there's still so little we know about him. The health of his shoulders, mercurial personality, and the fact he didn't test at all this offseason suggest there's more than just a little risk with Foster.

3. Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
On the field, Davis is nearly step for step with Foster, and overtakes him in some aspects. Like Foster, Davis is an explosive athlete, but has actually tested to prove his athleticism. Also like Foster, Davis has injury question marks. I'm generally not a fan taking second level linebackers in the first round, but both Davis and Foster present tempting propositions.

4. Tyus Bowser, LB, Houston
A lesser known first round commodity but among the draft's leaders in intrigue is Tyus Bowser. While he played edge at Houston, I see Bowser as a true WLB in the Raiders' scheme. He's within the mold of Haason Reddick in that he'll need to make a transition off the edge and into the second level in the NFL. Like Reddick, though, Bowser offers the athletic upside which can pay major dividends going forward.

5. Cam Robinson, OL, Alabama
Once thought the presumptive #1 tackle and a possible top 10 selection, Robinson saw a bit of a fall from grace during the collegiate season. Few dispute his imposing physical presence, but he has a lot of work to do before he can become the top level left tackle some envision him to be. Robinson would have time to learn behind one of the best left tackles in the game, and can even slide in if Donald Penn isn't able to play all 16 games plus playoffs at 33 years old.

6. Kevin King, DB, Washington
Like Melifonwu, King is one of the draft's athletic anomalies. With a frame stretching to 6'3", King is cut of the cloth of Sean Smith and David Amerson, but ma posses raw talent which exceeds both. It might be a long shot for King to overcome either Smith or Amerson in camp, but he'd be a safe bet to overtake a starting gig before the end of the season.

7. Ryan Ramczyk, OL, Wisconsin
Like Robinson, Ramczyk offers assurance at left tackle going forward - and he may potentially be a better year 1 proportion if either are forced into starting roles. Still, Ramczyk is still recovering from hip surgery and only offers tepid upside at tackle in comparison to Robinson.

8. Chidobe Awuzie, DB, Colorado
Awuzie offers instant upside to win the slot corner job form T.J. Carrie in camp while being a possible starting later on, on the perimeter. Awuzie is a very good tackler who shows a penchant for making plays against the run consistently.

9. Budda Baker, DB, Washington
While he's not the safety one might handpick to play alongside Karl Joseph, there's no denying the sheer playmaking prowess of Baker at Washington. He may simply be the best slot corner in the draft with his ability to play in both zone, man, and blitz from the edge.

10. Jabrill Peppers, DB, Michigan
Peppers offers similar upside in the slot to Baker with less polish but potentially more upside. Like Baker, Peppers offers the team something not commonly seen in last year's defensive scheme - pressure from the defensive backfield.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: