Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Mock

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10729
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Final Mock Reply with quote

Because why not? No explanations, but will explain if necessary

Round 1: Jets trade pick 6 to the Browns for pick 12, 33, and 181.

Round 1 (Via Cleveland): Jets select OJ Howard, TE, Bama

Trade: Jets trade their 2nd (pick 39) and pick 181 (from Cle) and Sheldon Richardson to Oakland for pick 24

Round 1 (Via Oak): Jets select Charles Harris, Edge, Mizzou

Round 2 (via Cleveland): Jets select Kevin King, CB, Washington

Round 3: Jets select Desmond King, S, Iowa

Round 3 (comp): Jets select D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas

Round 5: Jets select Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame

Round 6: Jets select Jon Toth, C, Kentucky

Round 7: Jets select Will Likely, CB, Maryland (return specialist)


Recap: We add four instant starters in Howard, Harris, and the King boys. Foreman serves as a change of pace back who should be starting over the next two years. Jones adds d-line depth and Toth adds o-line depth. Likely serves as a return specialist who could eventually serve as a nickel corner for us.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8917
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the direction you went and like a lot of the players. The big thing that sticks out to me is change is Foreman. I think he's a 2nd rounder and a t worse an early 3rd rounder. Can't see him lasting until 107.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10729
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I like the direction you went and like a lot of the players. The big thing that sticks out to me is change is Foreman. I think he's a 2nd rounder and a t worse an early 3rd rounder. Can't see him lasting until 107.
It's hard to say. CBS has him as a 3rd-4th rounder. NFL.com has him as a 2nd-3rd. Walter Football has him at 110. We'll find out in a few days bud.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bcb1213


Joined: 02 Feb 2017
Posts: 514
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, running backs are the hardest to predict. On talent he's a late second early third. But the devaluation of the position can have him land anywhere from late 2nd to mid fourth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doumeyer


Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 2196
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Final Mock Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Because why not? No explanations, but will explain if necessary

Round 1: Jets trade pick 6 to the Browns for pick 12, 33, and 181.

Round 1 (Via Cleveland): Jets select OJ Howard, TE, Bama

Trade: Jets trade their 2nd (pick 39) and pick 181 (from Cle) and Sheldon Richardson to Oakland for pick 24

Round 1 (Via Oak): Jets select Charles Harris, Edge, Mizzou

Round 2 (via Cleveland): Jets select Kevin King, CB, Washington

Round 3: Jets select Desmond King, S, Iowa

Round 3 (comp): Jets select D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas

Round 5: Jets select Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame

Round 6: Jets select Jon Toth, C, Kentucky

Round 7: Jets select Will Likely, CB, Maryland (return specialist)


Recap: We add four instant starters in Howard, Harris, and the King boys. Foreman serves as a change of pace back who should be starting over the next two years. Jones adds d-line depth and Toth adds o-line depth. Likely serves as a return specialist who could eventually serve as a nickel corner for us.


If this is true you made my day, Good job
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 4165
Location: 1 step ahead
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time seeing King in round 2. Seems like a 1st round lock to me like WJIII last year. That size and speed is too enticing for a team to pass up. Plus the Conley stuff makes one less round 1 CB.

Certain players are locks to go certain places and King and the end of round one just seems so obvious. Kevin King that is.

Great job though, I like the picks. I mocked D. King to us in round 3 also. I like him as a FS if we go other directions early.

Howard at 12 is my ultimate dream scenario and Harris looks the part of a nice edge rusher. Although I love TJ Watt so I may even pick him over Harris. Watt has the makings of an elite all around OLB, Harris is more of the pin your ears back and go get him type which is still a huge need for us.

Overall I'd be thrilled if that happened though.
_________________

Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8917
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcb1213 wrote:
yeah, running backs are the hardest to predict. On talent he's a late second early third. But the devaluation of the position can have him land anywhere from late 2nd to mid fourth

I think Fournette goes top 10 and McCaffrey top 25. So that leaves Foreman as the BA RB with no issues. Mixon and Cook have some question marks off the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10729
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
bcb1213 wrote:
yeah, running backs are the hardest to predict. On talent he's a late second early third. But the devaluation of the position can have him land anywhere from late 2nd to mid fourth

I think Fournette goes top 10 and McCaffrey top 25. So that leaves Foreman as the BA RB with no issues. Mixon and Cook have some question marks off the field.
Guys like Kamara and Perine might go before him too though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetfuel


Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 1899
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say but the Browns will not trade with the Jets. The Browns are in talk with the Titans at 5. They want to jump us too. Browns want a QB and will not risk moving below 5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10729
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
Sorry to say but the Browns will not trade with the Jets. The Browns are in talk with the Titans at 5. They want to jump us too. Browns want a QB and will not risk moving below 5.
This was before that report came out with Schefter
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetfuel


Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 1899
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:
Sorry to say but the Browns will not trade with the Jets. The Browns are in talk with the Titans at 5. They want to jump us too. Browns want a QB and will not risk moving below 5.
This was before that report came out with Schefter


Oh sorry I did not know this. I think we are stuck at 6 and will have to make the pick. WE BETTER NOT SETTLE FOR A LOW BALL OFFER JUST TO ADD PICKS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 4165
Location: 1 step ahead
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
bcb1213 wrote:
yeah, running backs are the hardest to predict. On talent he's a late second early third. But the devaluation of the position can have him land anywhere from late 2nd to mid fourth

I think Fournette goes top 10 and McCaffrey top 25. So that leaves Foreman as the BA RB with no issues. Mixon and Cook have some question marks off the field.


I'll go out on a limb and say McCaffrey is the first RB off the board and Fournette drops out of the top 10.
_________________

Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group