Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Prospect thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Chidobe Awuzie is great.

His leaping ability, instincts, run support, blitz ability are exactly what I'd want from a 5th DB in this defense. One of the best football players in this draft class, period.

Short arms, though.
I think he is the do-it-all type of NCB/3rd safety hybrid we could really use

#1 ET Supporter
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Chidobe Awuzie is great.

His leaping ability, instincts, run support, blitz ability are exactly what I'd want from a 5th DB in this defense. One of the best football players in this draft class, period.

Short arms, though.

I wouldn't touch him with any of our 3rds, so I wouldn't take him and he's not lasting until rd 6.

I'd take Fabian Moreau with our first 3rd rdr, if available. We need to get 2 dbs in those 1st 5 selections. With the db depth, I'm taking 3 dbs which sounds like over kill but is necessary to replenish an area of need and high grade b.p.a. rankings.

Add a pass rusher and either an OL/DT with the other 2 selections.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
brseahawks wrote:
Chidobe Awuzie is great.

Short arms, though.

I wouldn't touch him with any of our 3rds, so I wouldn't take him and he's not lasting until rd 6.

I'd take Fabian Moreau with our first 3rd rdr, if available. We need to get 2 dbs in those 1st 5 selections. With the db depth, I'm taking 3 dbs which sounds like over kill but is necessary to replenish an area of need and high grade b.p.a. rankings.

Why don't you like Awuzie?

We'll need to take Moreau with our 2nd from what I am reading and seeing on his tape. I was hoping before he got injured we could take him with our 2nd, but it seems like he has gained some momentum which is cancelling out his injury. I'd be stoked if we got him with our 3rd somehow though

#1 ET Supporter
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting on Seattle's pick in the draft section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587547

Thanks,

GFW
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
brseahawks wrote:
Chidobe Awuzie is great.

Short arms, though.

Why don't you like Awuzie?

We'll need to take Moreau with our 2nd from what I am reading and seeing on his tape. I was hoping before he got injured we could take him with our 2nd, but it seems like he has gained some momentum which is cancelling out his injury. I'd be stoked if we got him with our 3rd somehow though

I stand corrected here. I was confusing him with King from Iowa who I don't even think is a DB.

After watching "highlights" of Awuzie, he looks like a Hawk corner and is very versatile. I liked his instincts which is always on the top of my list when diagnosing the back 7

Nice quickness, diagnoses running plays and has the quick reaction to track a receiver on bubble screens. Has the size to tackle bigger receivers. I like his timing on corner blitzes. I've been wanted more corner & safety blitzes and we executed a few more in '16. He would be an asset there.

I was inaccurate. I could see him being a productive Hawk. I have no clue as to where he's projected to go. The drafting of the plethora of CB's will be the most interesting aspect of the draft. 2nd being the QB's and if teams reach.
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the view on Witherspoon vs Awuzie? Both Buffalo CB's. Which is a better fit, who would you prefer and would a 2nd rd pick have value?
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another CB for a 3rd rd look would be Tankersly from Clemson. Great hands, instinctive and looks like Sherman the way RS will jam, direct the receiver, turn at the appropriate time when the WR's eyes dilate and attack the ball. He will support the run like Sherm does, too.

Switching back to Awuzie. An area that I don't think our Db's do well enough and reason our interception numbers stink for an elite defense, is undercutting or jumping routes. Awuzie has that timing and instincts to jump routes that would give the Hawks some big plays from the secondary. He's not Asante Samuel gambler style but similar. I want our DB's to take a risk and with ET back there, he can clean up an occasional mistake. If we could get back to making those splash plays from our DB's, we're back to a 12-13 win squad and #1 NFC seed and fave to get back to the SB.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
What's the view on Witherspoon vs Awuzie? Both Buffalo CB's. Which is a better fit, who would you prefer and would a 2nd rd pick have value?
Witherspoon has great length and is probably more of an ideal fit as an outside CB. He really is a poor tackler and lacks physicality however. I think because of that, Awuzie is a better fit

Witherspoon is someone who could fall though. So if Seattle thinks he can at least be willing enough to be a decent tackler, he would be good value

#1 ET Supporter
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say it, I am on the peppers train this draft!
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
I'll say it, I am on the peppers train this draft!
There's a couple guys in here that are

I love him as an individual and as a leader. I am personally not willing to gamble on him in the first round, his lack of TOs, regardless of what position he played, is really concerning to me

#1 ET Supporter
brseahawks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The annual "I don't want to be a millionaire" time of the year.

Reuben Foster tested negative in drug test.
Gareon Conley facing rape charges (truth or not, he's probably undraftable now)
Jabrill Peppers tested negative in drug test.
Caleb Brantley facing misdemeanor charges (punched GF hard in the face after a fight. Not assault because she pushed him first).

This is good news for:
Haason Reddick and Jarrad Davis (locked up top 15 imo, b/c Foster).
Kevin King (locked up imo top 15, b/c Conley)
Quincy Wilson and Tre'Davious White (improved greatly 1st round chances)
Chidobe Awuzie (guarantees first round, if not top 20, b/c Jabrill Peppers)
Malik McDowell and Chris Wormley (no chance of not being picked in the top two rounds).

These young fellas made some money in the past few days.

Kevin King is now unreachable.
Pauline believe Bolles might fall out of the first round. Dude scored 9 on Wonderlic (means: completely stupid), teams are scared he might not be able to communicate well and pick up different blocking schemes in the NFL (pretty big concern for the Seahawks, ZBS is not that easy).

I'm cooled off on Obi. I prefer Quincy Wilson and Adore'e Jackson over him now as DB prospect.

My number 1 prospect at 26 is TJ Watt. Seahawks can't think of trading down if they plan on taking the dude. Every team to pick after the Seahawks would gladly take TJ, sans maybe the Falcons and the Chiefs.
brseahawks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:

Witherspoon better in coverage ability, Awuzie much better general football-smarts, tenacity, explosion and scheme versatility. Whiterspoon is averse to physical football, tape shows he's not a liability against the run: he's just terrified at contact which is way, way worse.

I don't see a Seahawk when I see Witherspoon. I see a guy 1 or 2" short of arm to be a full fitted Seahawks in Awuzie.

Zman724 wrote:
Another CB for a 3rd rd look would be Tankersly from Clemson. Great hands, instinctive and looks like Sherman the way RS will jam, direct the receiver, turn at the appropriate time when the WR's eyes dilate and attack the ball. He will support the run like Sherm does, too.

I think Tankersley is round two material and good enogh of a CB to warrant a move up in the second round to guarantee the pick. Two of my currently four top two rounds scenario has Seahawks drafting Tankersley.

1st scenario:
1 - TJ Watt
2 (after trade up) - Tankersley

2nd scenario:
1 - Garrett Bolles
2 (after trade up) - Tankersley

3rd scenario:
1 - Adore'e Jackson
2 (after trade up) - Chris Wormley

4th scenario
1 - Quincy Wilson
2 (after trade up) - Chris Wormley.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: