Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Jaguars Regular Season Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you think Dallas was going to more than triple they're total from 15-16 or Arizona from 12-13. Nobody on this board has been tougher on this team with me the most important thing this team has to learn is that hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. When they learn that preparation is the most important thing as long as they buy in and stay discipline and accept coaching they will win 8 games easy. Its how they accept winning if they win a couple early will they get on a roll. They know they can not come out slow

Marrone and the team have a chance to send a message to the south early no more play a team close and hope to pull it out at the end. I think you saw the last 2 games Marrone wants to run a efficient offense and keep Bortles out of trouble. It worked the last 2 games but Blake choked down the stretch they played 2 teams with still things to play for and they played the best football we've seen in years. Am I a little over the top with 10-6 yeah no doubt, but I think Marrone wants to show how good of a coaching talent he truly is I believe he can turn it around ASAP.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette

Last edited by DuvalsKing on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
Did you think Dallas was going to more than triple they're total from 15-16 or Arizona from 12-13. Nobody on this board has been tougher on this team with me the most important thing this team has to learn is that hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. When they learn that preparation is the most important thing as long as they buy in and stay discipline and accept coaching they will win 8 games easy. Its how they accept winning if they win a couple early will they get on a roll. They know they can not come out slow

Marrone and the team have a chance to send a message to the south early no more play a team close and hope to pull it out at the end. I think you saw the last 2 games Marrone wants to run a efficient offense and keep Bortles out of trouble. It worked the last 2 games but Blake choked down the stretch they played 2 teams with still things to play for and they played the best football we've seen in years. Am I a little over the top with 10-6 yeah no doubt, but I think Marrone wants to show how good of a coaching talent he truly is I believe he can turn it around ASAP.

So because the Cowboys who have a historically good OL, had one of the best rookie seasons from a QB, etc. that means anyone can do it?

Come on. I mean if you want to be optimistic fine, but if we're going to do what you just said that means we have to have a ton of things go right while nothing goes wrong. This organization hasn't done anything in a decade.

It's just the usual offseason hype train after an active free agency and assuming young players improve/get back on track. We've been doing this for 3 years now.

One thing I will say is Marrone, imo, is a very solid coach. I know not many here liked when he was hired (although it seemed to be more so because he was on the coaching staff prior than his actual coaching talent), but he has shown to turn college programs and another NFL team in the Bills around in short periods of time. I'm optimistic as far as not being a top 5 pick again next year, but 10-6 is a whole different animal. The QB play of this team gives me no reason to think any prediction over like 7-9 or 8-8 makes any sense at all, and even that shows that our QB play must have improved a decent amount.

El Ramster on the sig
abidingdude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
... Am I a little over the top with 10-6 yeah no doubt, but I think Marrone wants to show how good of a coaching talent he truly is I believe he can turn it around ASAP.

Not knowing what you'll get from Bortles combined with the question marks along the O-Line makes it pretty hard to predict anything, but I think 8 wins is very do-able if Blake is in 2015 form or better.

That defense is going to give them a chance by keeping points allowed in check. Whether the offense can step up and average 23 points per game or better is a total crapshoot right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abidingdude wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
... Am I a little over the top with 10-6 yeah no doubt, but I think Marrone wants to show how good of a coaching talent he truly is I believe he can turn it around ASAP.

Not knowing what you'll get from Bortles combined with the question marks along the O-Line makes it pretty hard to predict anything, but I think 8 wins is very do-able if Blake is in 2015 form or better.

That defense is going to give them a chance by keeping points allowed in check. Whether the offense can step up and average 23 points per game or better is a total crapshoot right now.

Agreed i'm hedging my bets on Bortles being above average, i'm not saying he going to set the league on fire by any stretch of imagination but I believe he will be middle of the pack. Every teams success is not predicated on all world o-lines, or success at this position or that its how the team gels. The Patriots are not elite at any position group outside of QB but they manage.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: