You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Thread VII: The Random Awakens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much chuck could Chuck Wood chuck, if Chuck Wood would chuck chuck?
Eleven
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Mmm...steak
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WHO THE HELL IS CHUCK WOOD?
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
I prefer polls about grilled cheese
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
The answer is irrelevant due to the collective meaningless of Chuck Wood's existence
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Beer
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't posted on this site in a while. Been very busy with a 3rd child now and buying a new house. What have I missed?

also looks like it's time for a new sig..... Laughing

Hoyer FTW!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Haven't posted on this site in a while. Been very busy with a 3rd child now and buying a new house. What have I missed?

Hoyer FTW!!!

Hey, and congrats on the growing family.

Just change the words Gabert and Hoyer.. no one will give more than a cursory glance at the face, so they will just assume.

off note: just noticed that it was 30 years ago today that SF traded for some dude named Steve Young.

I really AM old now... where's my teeth? someone help!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:

Hoyer FTW!!!

Just change the words Gabert and Hoyer.. no one will give more than a cursory glance at the face, so they will just assume.

off note: just noticed that it was 30 years ago today that SF traded for some dude named Steve Young.

Wow. I was 15 years old.

As Kermit the Frog says "Time's sure fun when you're having flies!"
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:

Hoyer FTW!!!

Wow. I was 15 years old.

As Kermit the Frog says "Time's sure fun when you're having flies!"

I was -3!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBA04dVUwAAzpfp?format=jpg&name=large

I love seeing these squad pictures that have been popping up more frequently. It's like watching a old bands farewell tour.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever considered doing a MUSIC thread in here?

Maybe post a what-I'm-listening-to-lately thread? that folks could even post a song they are currently into? I am big into music., I guess.. and always hungry for potential good stuff to add in. No real judgements.. too each, his own, IMHO.

Think

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Anyone ever considered doing a MUSIC thread in here?

Maybe post a what-I'm-listening-to-lately thread? that folks could even post a song they are currently into? I am big into music., I guess.. and always hungry for potential good stuff to add in. No real judgements.. too each, his own, IMHO.

Think

The Entertainment subforum might be a good one for you to check out. There'll be a lot of this sort of stuff in there.

Otherwise, the Random Thread is a great place for it. And I'm always happy to help try and suggest something.

Try this one out. One of my favorite bands - "The Most Cursed of Hands/Who Am I?" by The Dear Hunter. Musically, they're all over the place (in a good way, IMO), so I wouldn't expect this to be their sound for every song. But it's worth a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgGLB-NAiG8

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

The Entertainment subforum might be a good one for you to check out. There'll be a lot of this sort of stuff in there.

Otherwise, the Random Thread is a great place for it. And I'm always happy to help try and suggest something.

Try this one out. One of my favorite bands - "The Most Cursed of Hands/Who Am I?" by The Dear Hunter. Musically, they're all over the place (in a good way, IMO), so I wouldn't expect this to be their sound for every song. But it's worth a try.

Killed the quote tree, since u don't seem a fan.

I regularly check the E subforum, but feel less interested there.

Your linked song... The first 1:24, I was really like hmmmm, where's this goin?,,, the rest.. vocals are fine, and in my area of likes. Felt a bit theatrical at times, but for that matter, I'd hazard a guess that much of what I listen to would to others also.

Now, when they hit the 3:27 mark? my ears perked right up. That was a sweet... transition? and vibe. By the 3:42 spot, "I think it moved a little." Like hmmm oh yes,

Several or so seconds later.. I felt myself disappointed to hear more vocals.. or at least those specific vocals. Not bad or far different, but maybe a bit... whiny? in tone? ( like Queen? or some other higher pitched 80's group? )

Gets a nice and smooth groove going again at the 5:10 mark. Sounds like nothing from the earlier part mentioned, lol. ( all over the place, right? )

Whole thing come from a play or movie or something? Honest question. I am lazy and dunno much.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Killed the quote tree, since u don't seem a fan.

I regularly check the E subforum, but feel less interested there.

Your linked song... The first 1:24, I was really like hmmmm, where's this goin?,,, the rest.. vocals are fine, and in my area of likes. Felt a bit theatrical at times, but for that matter, I'd hazard a guess that much of what I listen to would to others also.

Now, when they hit the 3:27 mark? my ears perked right up. That was a sweet... transition? and vibe. By the 3:42 spot, "I think it moved a little." Like hmmm oh yes,

Several or so seconds later.. I felt myself disappointed to hear more vocals.. or at least those specific vocals. Not bad or far different, but maybe a bit... whiny? in tone? ( like Queen? or some other higher pitched 80's group? )

Gets a nice and smooth groove going again at the 5:10 mark. Sounds like nothing from the earlier part mentioned, lol. ( all over the place, right? )

Whole thing come from a play or movie or something? Honest question. I am lazy and dunno much.

Haha, I don't mind the quote trees when they're short. It's the five giant posts quoted that drive me crazy.

But anyway - they're a post-hardcore group, so the "whiny" part of the vocals is fair. That tends to be a genre staple. It's an offshoot/more serious version of emo music (or really, 2000s emo was the offshot/whinier post-hardcore is more appropriate).

It's not from a movie - but the group is based around a concept of following a central character (The Dear Hunter) over the course of six albums. This song is from the fifth. So "theatrical" is a great way to describe it really, because the band really uses more than the lyrics to tell the story. So the music does have that film/storytelling vibe to it. What's cool, is they'll repeat musical themes across albums to indicate specific characters. For instance, the second album (Act II) is all about the character Ms. Leading - a prostitute with whom the main character falls for, and they introduce her with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-34u_Umpa_Y

In Act IV, the main character gets wasted in a bar and comes across someone who he believes to be her, and they replay that opening theme (6:00 in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVjcsgrDErE

It's also funny you mention Queen, because I've used that band multiple times as someone that they were probably heavily influenced by. The range of both vocalists (Freddie Mercury more so) are incredible. But Queen is also one of my all-time favorite bands, so it's easy for me to enjoy both because of it.

Dutchson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the idea of a music dialogue in the slow days Oldy. I don't post much, but enjoyed The Dear Hunter Y2. Thanks for sharing. Whenever I hear new music I'm always trying to think of either possible influences, or maybe even...this band could be the love child of...

Great story telling like Willie Nelson, but maybe in a more Rush style, with a weird Mumford and Son minus the mandolin. I was never into too much heavy stuff minus early Metalica, but it was a great listen. I'll check out more this weekend.
Dutchson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Check em out Reply with quote

Louis Berry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy6BZCyCV0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPzcz1vtsGs

or

Shakey Graves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD72LbIk02M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmo5u9OjafE

Digging on both these guys currently, but I remember hearing their first songs and stopping what I was doing to note the artist to make sure I heard more.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchson wrote:
Love the idea of a music dialogue in the slow days Oldy. I don't post much, but enjoyed The Dear Hunter Y2. Thanks for sharing. Whenever I hear new music I'm always trying to think of either possible influences, or maybe even...this band could be the love child of...

Great story telling like Willie Nelson, but maybe in a more Rush style, with a weird Mumford and Son minus the mandolin. I was never into too much heavy stuff minus early Metalica, but it was a great listen. I'll check out more this weekend.

Cool - glad you checked it out and stuck with it! Musically, I love just about all genres/sub-genres. I don't do top 40 post-mid-90s, and just about every pop version of every genre is where I tune out. But my iPod ranges from 1920s Delta blues through modern avant garde experimental music and just about everything in-between. I tend to appreciate modern music that's uniquely written, and love instrumentation that goes beyond the standard lead, rhythm, bass guitar + drums. That said, I did enjoy the four songs you posted by Louis Berry and Shakey Graves. Especially liked the blues flavor.

Not sure if you know them (they're a bit more mainstream on the indie side of things), but Murder By Death seems like a band that would be right up your alley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph8AlodMnjk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvY9hVavY1M

Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Check em out Reply with quote

Dutchson wrote:
Louis Berry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy6BZCyCV0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPzcz1vtsGs

or

Shakey Graves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD72LbIk02M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmo5u9OjafE

Digging on both these guys currently, but I remember hearing their first songs and stopping what I was doing to note the artist to make sure I heard more.

I met this guy at one of the beer stands after his set a couple of years ago at Red Rocks. He was opening for Trampled by Turtles. It was an awesome show.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's crushing?

My fiancee and I just booked our honeymoon. We're going out to San Francisco. My first time on the west coast. We're getting married in November, a month full of home games.

We are going during the bye week.

AustrianNiner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
You know what's crushing?

My fiancee and I just booked our honeymoon. We're going out to San Francisco. My first time on the west coast. We're getting married in November, a month full of home games.

We are going during the bye week.

Ouch. No chance to go on another week?

The Dear Hunter...not bad. Sounds a bit Opeth-esque.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: