Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 schedule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the schedule
LOVE IT
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
HATE IT
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
DONT CARE
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

paraven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: 2017 schedule Reply with quote

Looks good to me, I feel they can go 7-2 before the bye, then 4-3 after.
11-5, 10-6 at worst. Good thing we got the bye changed and dont have it after the trip to london. NFL did us no favors giving us the steelers right after though. Again we end the season against Cinci, but at least its home this time.
Stance Punk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9-7 is pretty realistic to me. 11-5 if I'm optimistic
Harbaugh is definitely on the hot seat if Baltimore doesn't have a positive record.
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at that, I think an 8 or 9 win season is on the cards, with maybe a couple of extra wins if the offense greatly exceeds my (admittedly fairly low) expectations

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-12 wins and a division title.

Not that the schedule itself, is a major influence in that prediction, but since everyone else is sharing, I think the Ravens will be back strong.
Danand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is actually a really tough schedule. Last year we had some really difficult games but also a couple with a high chance of winning. There are a lot of 50/50 games this year, and the final stretch after the bye week could be really tough.

First of all, I would like to have a few games under the belt before facing the Bengals and Steelers, and I would rather like to finish against the steelers than having a Steelers, Browns, Colts, Bengals finish to the season.

The thing I really like is that we don't see one of those brutal 5 out of 8 away games stretches or flying back/forth from the east to the west coast several games in a row.

@ Bengals - This is a game I really hate, as we usually play the Bengals bad. With a healthy team, I think we have the upper hand though.

vs Browns - No matter how the Browns draft this year, this have to be a W

@ Jaguars - With Bortles or a rookie QB, we should still win this

vs Steelers - Healthy Ben and crew, I don't think so, Steelers are way ahead of us

@ Raiders - Not many teams has more upside than this team. Playmakers all over the field and stout in the trenches

vs Bears - Bears are in limbo untill they find stability at QB.

@ Vikings - Bradford or the one legged Bridgewater, we should take home this one

vs Dolphins - We have the Dolphins number, and Tannehill doesn't scare me.

@ Titans - These guys are building something intriguing, but I think they are 2 years away from being a real contender.

Bye

@ Packers - Late in the season, in Lambeau, against Rodgers with our secondary and scheme, auch

vs Texans - This is one of the most difficult games to predict, as their defense can really stuff us, but what can we expect from their offense?

vs Lions - Another NFCN game which is difficult to predict. Stafford can be exceptionel, but will we face a whole team or a few good players?

@ Steelers - This will once again be a slugfest. Unless the Steelers are missing key players, we are set up for another loss.

@ Browns - A slightly improved Browns over a season should be a winnable game

vs Colts - If Colts has a runninggame, I think we lose this one. We always seem to underperform against the Colts (although we haven't played them much)

vs Bengals - By my count, we are at 8-7 here, so with a win we might get in.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimistically, I'd say the Ravens might get to 11-5. Realistically, 9-7 seems like it's achievable.

It's not the nicest schedule in the world, but it could be much worse. A lot depends on how teams like the Jags, Titans and Bengals retool and improve.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
vs Steelers - Healthy Ben and crew, I don't think so, Steelers are way ahead of us

We were literally one arm stretch from winning the division, last year. I don't see a huge gap. Flacco having a full year+ from his injury will probably mean as much as any health improvement for Ben.

I don't predict huge things EVERY offseason (I predicted around .500 this time last year), but I feel good about this year. Our defense addressed it's biggest flaw with secondary depth, and our offense can not be as awful as it was the first half of last year. Heck, the second half of last season's average offense with the first half of the season's strong defense would have been more than enough to get us to the playoffs.

Doom coming back ruined our elite run defense, and Flacco was very uncomfortable behind Zuttah. So, addition by subtraction with those two guys.

We just need to add pass rush depth, some bodies on the OL, and ideally a playmaker on offense then we can ride our elite kicker to a winning record.
Danand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Danand wrote:

We were literally one arm stretch from winning the division, last year. I don't see a huge gap. Flacco having a full year+ from his injury will probably mean as much as any health improvement for Ben.

I don't predict huge things EVERY offseason (I predicted around .500 this time last year), but I feel good about this year. Our defense addressed it's biggest flaw with secondary depth, and our offense can not be as awful as it was the first half of last year. Heck, the second half of last season's average offense with the first half of the season's strong defense would have been more than enough to get us to the playoffs.

Doom coming back ruined our elite run defense, and Flacco was very uncomfortable behind Zuttah. So, addition by subtraction with those two guys.

We just need to add pass rush depth, some bodies on the OL, and ideally a playmaker on offense then we can ride our elite kicker to a winning record.

We where lucky to be in consideration to a WC and we were basically all healthy besides Jimmy getting injured. We lost one player and our defense became even worse, than it had been.

I guess I am not as high on Carr as everyone else and I don't really see the fit with Jefferson yet. The thing is I think we are being leapfrogged by some teams atm and we are still behind the Steelers when it comes to talent and knowing how to use it. That combo will make next season very challenging if we want to play the fun games late in the season.
RayReed2052

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Danand wrote:

We where lucky to be in consideration to a WC and we were basically all healthy besides Jimmy getting injured. We lost one player and our defense became even worse, than it had been.

I guess I am not as high on Carr as everyone else and I don't really see the fit with Jefferson yet. The thing is I think we are being leapfrogged by some teams atm and we are still behind the Steelers when it comes to talent and knowing how to use it. That combo will make next season very challenging if we want to play the fun games late in the season.

How do you figure? If anything, I think a somewhat unlucky stretch (4 straight losses to OAK, WAS, NYG, NYJ) when accounting for massive injuries on the o-line and losing 4 straight one possession 4th quarter games in uncharacteristic ways (Mosley fumble, special teams, etc.) during that run put us back further in the WC race than we would have been otherwise at that point.

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Let the record show that fans of a team with Tom Brady is making fun of someone else for being a whiner.
Danand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RayReed2052 wrote:
Danand wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Danand wrote:

How do you figure? If anything, I think a somewhat unlucky stretch (4 straight losses to OAK, WAS, NYG, NYJ) when accounting for massive injuries on the o-line and losing 4 straight one possession 4th quarter games in uncharacteristic ways (Mosley fumble, special teams, etc.) during that run put us back further in the WC race than we would have been otherwise at that point.

We played really bad on either one side of the ball or both sides of the ball. I know some in here had a hard time coping with me being unhappy with how we played - especially on defense because we had a statistically good defense. We had a really easy schedule last season, where the Cowboys, Patriots and last game against the Steelers was the only really difficult teams on paper (maybe Oakland as well). We barely managed to beat teams like the Browns, Bills and Jaguars, and we lucked out against the Eagles.

We had 1 dominant game against the Dolphins, that was it. Several of the games we lost tight, we lost because we played scared, especially on defense.
RayReed2052

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
RayReed2052 wrote:
Danand wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Danand wrote:

We played really bad on either one side of the ball or both sides of the ball. I know some in here had a hard time coping with me being unhappy with how we played - especially on defense because we had a statistically good defense. We had a really easy schedule last season, where the Cowboys, Patriots and last game against the Steelers was the only really difficult teams on paper (maybe Oakland as well). We barely managed to beat teams like the Browns, Bills and Jaguars, and we lucked out against the Eagles.

We had 1 dominant game against the Dolphins, that was it. Several of the games we lost tight, we lost because we played scared, especially on defense.

Fair enough. I think a lot that is just how our team seems to compete though. Even when we were winning 12 games a year we weren't blowing teams out, a dominant win in our heyday used to look like 30-20 in the final box score. It seems like we are in every single game every year - and while that certainly isn't a great thing when you're letting lower level teams hang around, it's always seemed to do us pretty well when we play the big dogs, or we're on the road in the playoffs, etc.

Hopefully this year more of those 1 possession games just end up being W's and not L's.

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Let the record show that fans of a team with Tom Brady is making fun of someone else for being a whiner.
Danand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference last year and several years after the SB win, we didn't win against the great teams even though we hang around and played them tough. Instead we regressed and now looses to the teams we should beat.

We have to somehow find a way to get back "control" of the games, where we don't put the game in the hands of the opponent with 2 minutes back against Pees defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: