Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One Week Away! | A Cadmus & CentralFC Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most redeeming selection
Rivers
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Kupp
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Perine
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Humphrey
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Myers
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Johnson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wilson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ebukam
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Biegel
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Obviously Im using total hindsight in this scenario but man a lot of good guys in round 1 to choose from and then total crap in round 2. Laughing

I'd rather trade down into the 2nd, still end up with Wilson, Melinfonwu or Witherspoon and move up to get someone like Lawson.

Hope the 2nd round has a better board than that for us, but I like what you did with what was available!

Completely agree. As we got closer to that second pick, I'm like, damn it... Laughing

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Cadmus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Obviously Im using total hindsight in this scenario but man a lot of good guys in round 1 to choose from and then total crap in round 2. Laughing

I'd rather trade down into the 2nd, still end up with Wilson, Melinfonwu or Witherspoon and move up to get someone like Lawson.

Hope the 2nd round has a better board than that for us, but I like what you did with what was available!

Completely agree. As we got closer to that second pick, I'm like, damn it... Laughing

I hope Witherspoon falls to #61 if we go EDGE in RD1, but I won't hold my breath on that one. I don't see anyone else in the Top 9 CBs with a chance to fall to #61 except for (maybe) Wilson.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job gents, raising the bar on FF mocks

@CB I love the idea of Humphrey especially considering how some teams attacked GB with WR screens... forcing our CBs to tackle.

If that Mock came to pass, are you kicking D. Randall inside ? That's another added bonus to drafting Humphrey - improves 2 positions

I really like the RB combo of Monty and Perine too
gopackgo247

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im really into Kupp. However the draft falls i really hope TT finds a way to snag him.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:

@CB I love the idea of Humphrey especially considering how some teams attacked GB with WR screens... forcing our CBs to tackle.

If that Mock came to pass, are you kicking D. Randall inside ? That's another added bonus to drafting Humphrey - improves 2 positions

Perine has actually grown on me.

As for Randall, not sure. I think he and House battle it out for the perimeter job. His slot snaps should increase (as will Rollins, who's undoubtedly more uncomfortable working from the slot than on the perimeter). How Humphrey fits in is unknown. It could be that he rotates with Randall in the slot, pushing Rollins to more of the rover/Micah Hyde role. That would be an excellent group of DBs.

Boundary: Davon House - Damarious Randall - Marlon Humphrey - Ladarius Gunter - Josh Hawkins

Slot: Damarious Randall - Quinten Rollins - Marlon Humphrey

Rover/Dime DB when Burnett moves in the box: Quinten Rollins/Kentrell Brice

Lots of options there. Goodson's on the PUP to start the year I imagine, so there's competition open and snaps to be won for the 5th/6th DB job.

CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

I hope Witherspoon falls to #61 if we go EDGE in RD1, but I won't hold my breath on that one. I don't see anyone else in the Top 9 CBs with a chance to fall to #61 except for (maybe) Wilson.

Ultimately I might agree but jeesh is he soft looking at times. Marlon's mean and we need a bit of that IMO.

I'm starting to sour on Melinfonwu--think he's just a superb athlete.

I'd be happiest if we came away with four top-100 selections, not our current three. That would be a win IMO given the strengths of this class and the likelihood that a handful of QBs are overdrafted in the first two and a half rounds.

NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

Perine has actually grown on me.

As for Randall, not sure. I think he and House battle it out for the perimeter job. His slot snaps should increase (as will Rollins, who's undoubtedly more uncomfortable working from the slot than on the perimeter). How Humphrey fits in is unknown. It could be that he rotates with Randall in the slot, pushing Rollins to more of the rover/Micah Hyde role. That would be an excellent group of DBs.

Boundary: Davon House - Damarious Randall - Marlon Humphrey - Ladarius Gunter - Josh Hawkins

Slot: Damarious Randall - Quinten Rollins - Marlon Humphrey

Rover/Dime DB when Burnett moves in the box: Quinten Rollins/Kentrell Brice

Lots of options there. Goodson's on the PUP to start the year I imagine, so there's competition open and snaps to be won for the 5th/6th DB job.

Yesssss. I think it's Perine avatar time for me too.
SE500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the 1st round pick, but I don't think he'll be there.

It's more likely he'll be there than one of the two I dream will be, Foster or Reddick.

Trade is OK, but I hate leaving that position. If it was Humphrey in the 1st I'd rather K-State's Willis here in the 2nd.

I think Kupp goes sooner, but a luxury pick for us. I don't like any draft that doesn't address Guard better for us. I like the RB and the rest of the draft where you have it.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
Love the 1st round pick, but I don't think he'll be there.

It's more likely he'll be there than one of the two I dream will be, Foster or Reddick.

Trade is OK, but I hate leaving that position. If it was Humphrey in the 1st I'd rather K-State's Willis here in the 2nd.

I think Kupp goes sooner, but a luxury pick for us. I don't like any draft that doesn't address Guard better for us. I like the RB and the rest of the draft where you have it.

No chance we pick Foster IMO. Even if he falls.

Willis has fallen a bit in my eyes. With all that talent, you rarely saw him put it together. But that said, there is a significant amount to work with him. Sterling character, too.

NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MantyWrestler wrote:
While I like Kupp, I just don't like the idea of a slow position receiver. I think we already have 2 others who would play where he would.

Like the draft and effort other than that.

+1 million.

He's Richard Rodgers without the bulk...

Really like the rest of this; especially the day 3 decisions. If we can get Samaje Perrine in the 4th... Dude is very underrated as a prospect. Sure his 40 time is junk, but he's got soft hands and power to burn. Really like the Jaleel Johnson pick as well; another very underrated prospect.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:
While I like Kupp, I just don't like the idea of a slow position receiver. I think we already have 2 others who would play where he would.

+1 million.

Really like the rest of this; especially the day 3 decisions. If we can get Samaje Perrine in the 4th... Dude is very underrated as a prospect. Sure his 40 time is junk, but he's got soft hands and power to burn. Really like the Jaleel Johnson pick as well; another very underrated prospect.

+ another million in Kupp.

You just can't convince me that taking an FCS/quite potentially the least explosive WR in the draft (there's a couple late day 3 prospects that could "match" his 40/vert/broad) in the third is a good idea.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:

+1 million.

+ another million in Kupp.

You just can't convince me that taking an FCS/quite potentially the least explosive WR in the draft (there's a couple late day 3 prospects that could "match" his 40/vert/broad) in the third is a good idea.

I'm not a Kupp guy either, but that mostly has to do with fit.

Do I think Kupp could be a good slot WR in the NFL? Yes.

Do I think Green Bay needs to draft a slot WR? No.

I'm of the opinion that we need another WR with the ability to get behind an NFL defense.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I agree with the speed issue. He won't ever be a burner. But Cobb's health is a question mark, we won't re-sign him to a third deal, and Adams is up for a new deal. It's not 100% that we re-sign Davante (I think we make every effort early on). Kupp mitigates against a lot of those issues.

The only redundancy is Nelson taking slot snaps, too, as he ages.

So yeah, not sure it makes complete sense. I'd like to see him work with Rodgers though.

fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Tim Williams still there in the 3rd?

Think you would have to take him over Rivers.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working out fairly well. Let's see if White lands with DET.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: