Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread 2 Pro days & rumors!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
Quote:
An NFC general manager told WalterFootball's Charlie Campbell that the San Francisco 49ers are "desperate to trade down."
The GM further insinuated that there is indecision within San Francisco's organization as to who they would take, if stuck in the slot, after Cleveland presumably tabs Texas A&M's Myles Garrett with the No. 1 pick. New 49ers GM John Lynch previously stated, with regards to the No. 2 pick, that he is "open for business." Walter Football hears that some around the league believe San Francisco will take North Carolina QB Mitch Trubisky if they are stuck at No. 2. Another widely-discussed scenario has the 49ers taking LSU RB Leonard Fournette.

I have a feeling Trubisky is our guy, I dont know why I just have a feeling. I wouldnt hate the pick but I'd be nervous if there was as much indecision surrounding it as this quote says.

And can we also acknowledge that if any of these "leaks" end up true, we have a serious problem on our hands...again. As much as I like being in the "know" its bad for business.

Honestly, I think its a big smokescreen to have someone move up and grab Trubisky, thinking he won't fall past two. I don't think Trubisky is even on our radar@2 but that's just me...

If we do take Trubs...hell, if we take ANY QB #2 overall, I will literally vomit. And what little trust and faith I had built up for the Shanny/Lynch duo will have gone right out the window with my lunch.

Just so i can put this comment into perspective .... Have you talked with Trubsisky? Put him at a white board and challenged him with tough questions? Talked to his coaches? Taled to his teammates? Talked to opposing coaches? Looked at every play he's made in his entire career? Watched any of his games in full 22? Had stop action review of every play he's made to see how they unfold? Watched film with him and picked his brain about what he was thinkin? i could go on, but you get the point. If we pick him at 2 then i'm sure our staff will have done all of those. So if you want to vomit because their fully nformed opinion differs from your fan's view go right ahead. Fans can do that. Just don't delude yourself into thinking you know one iota as much about this as they do.

and you might also think about answering the question they must deal with - what is YOUR plan for getting a competent qb onto this... because "waitinv until the future" is a "plan" only in name and absent any decent thinking about how that is going to happen makes me want to vomit. As a fan you have every right to be disappointed if they pick a guy you don't like just like i have every right to be disappointed every year that goes by without obtaining that good qb every team needs. I don't happen to think trubisky is that guy. But if our staff does i'll be thrilled to death.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are basically saying we should never ever ever ever question a pick the team makes? I mean none of us would have ever talked to the player or watched his film as much as the coaching staff/FO right? Now, would I vomit if we took Trubisky? No, but there is nothing with questioning the team's selection.

El ramster on the sig
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
Quote:
An NFC general manager told WalterFootball's Charlie Campbell that the San Francisco 49ers are "desperate to trade down."
The GM further insinuated that there is indecision within San Francisco's organization as to who they would take, if stuck in the slot, after Cleveland presumably tabs Texas A&M's Myles Garrett with the No. 1 pick. New 49ers GM John Lynch previously stated, with regards to the No. 2 pick, that he is "open for business." Walter Football hears that some around the league believe San Francisco will take North Carolina QB Mitch Trubisky if they are stuck at No. 2. Another widely-discussed scenario has the 49ers taking LSU RB Leonard Fournette.

I have a feeling Trubisky is our guy, I dont know why I just have a feeling. I wouldnt hate the pick but I'd be nervous if there was as much indecision surrounding it as this quote says.

And can we also acknowledge that if any of these "leaks" end up true, we have a serious problem on our hands...again. As much as I like being in the "know" its bad for business.

Honestly, I think its a big smokescreen to have someone move up and grab Trubisky, thinking he won't fall past two. I don't think Trubisky is even on our radar@2 but that's just me...

If we do take Trubs...hell, if we take ANY QB #2 overall, I will literally vomit. And what little trust and faith I had built up for the Shanny/Lynch duo will have gone right out the window with my lunch.

Just so i can put this comment into perspective .... Have you talked with Trubsisky? Put him at a white board and challenged him with tough questions? Talked to his coaches? Taled to his teammates? Talked to opposing coaches? Looked at every play he's made in his entire career? Watched any of his games in full 22? Had stop action review of every play he's made to see how they unfold? Watched film with him and picked his brain about what he was thinkin? i could go on, but you get the point. If we pick him at 2 then i'm sure our staff will have done all of those. So if you want to vomit because their fully nformed opinion differs from your fan's view go right ahead. Fans can do that. Just don't delude yourself into thinking you know one iota as much about this as they do.

and you might also think about answering the question they must deal with - what is YOUR plan for getting a competent qb onto this... because "waitinv until the future" is a "plan" only in name and absent any decent thinking about how that is going to happen makes me want to vomit. As a fan you have every right to be disappointed if they pick a guy you don't like just like i have every right to be disappointed every year that goes by without obtaining that good qb every team needs. I don't happen to think trubisky is that guy. But if our staff does i'll be thrilled to death.

Good points, really good points, and whatever player we draft deserves a certain benefit of the doubt. It goes the other way too with the amount of optimism we show towards a certain pick, ala Ronald Johnson & Tank Carradine. It's the same idea that we shouldn't "grade" a draft until year 3. You just never know.

Btw anyone see we brought Jabril Peppers in for a visit/workout. How would he look paired with Jimmie Ward, and given some opportunities on punt return. At #34 I'd be good with the pick.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New mock with McShay and Kizer has us taking Lattimore, Watson and Anderson with our first three picks. While I'm not that high on Lattimore (not a long resume, hamstring issues), I would actually be very happy with that draft.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
New mock with McShay and Kizer has us taking Lattimore, Watson and Anderson with our first three picks. While I'm not that high on Lattimore (not a long resume, hamstring issues), I would actually be very happy with that draft.

Why aren't the lack of playing time concerns as big of a deal for Lattimore like they are for Trubisky?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
Quote:

Good points, really good points, and whatever player we draft deserves a certain benefit of the doubt. It goes the other way too with the amount of optimism we show towards a certain pick, ala Ronald Johnson & Tank Carradine. It's the same idea that we shouldn't "grade" a draft until year 3. You just never know.

Btw anyone see we brought Jabril Peppers in for a visit/workout. How would he look paired with Jimmie Ward, and given some opportunities on punt return. At #34 I'd be good with the pick.

Peppers isn't going to last until the 2nd. I think he goes to the Cowboys because they are dangerously thin@DB and because I like Peppers so much, he would go to the one team I despise more than any other. Peppers is a baller whether it be the Cowboys or whoever, he's going in the first.

As far as big9erfan post, all he's saying is they know more than you, blah blah blah....they've done their homework, blah blah blah. So we as fan can't disagree because we dont put in the effort the professionals do? I'm not with that train of thought. We all have players we like and don't like. We all see potential in certain guys and not others. That's what brought us all to this draft forum I would think. So because my GM makes an educated guess on a player, I'm supposed to be on board with that because he's logged more player eval hours than me? Sorry but no....absolutely not. Just because you spent a lot time and effort doing something, doesn't necessarily make you great at it or even good at it. It makes you persistent and dedicated but its not an indicator that you will for certain, be able to perform said task at a high level. I'm not going to bow to Lynch or any GM if I dont believe in a prospect until they prove me wrong. And I hope they do prove me wrong becaue as a Niner fan, I hope all our drafts picks become All-Pros. But at the same time, if I dont like a player, having him end up on the team that I love isn't just going to sway my opinion on him as a player. I would assume we ALL feel this way. There's alot of prospects that GMs with a lot more credentials and experience than Lynch did their homework on, who turned out to be complete and utter busts. And alot 'fans' saw it coming before the professionals did.

And 'm not saying sit and wait for a QB. I'm saying you draft a QB where their talent dictates they be drafted. I'm not alone in thinking there are no QBs in this draft worthy of a #2 pick. I would love for us to draft a QB with potential though in this draft. And that QB doesn't necessarily have to be the #2 pick to meet that criteria. But I'm not fan of any QB@2. And Trubs is the QB in the top group I like the least so yes, him being the pick@2 would make me very ill to say the least. I'm just not a fan of his nor the position at #2 overall.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:

Why aren't the lack of playing time concerns as big of a deal for Lattimore like they are for Trubisky?

At QB there's a good amount of projection that goes into evaluating any QB coming into the NFL. Their game is always going to need work and be developed, I'd argue more so than any other position. With Lattimore's inability to get on the field with any regularity until this year whether because of injury or the coaches thinking others gave them a better chance on the field is a tad concerning. He certainly does have all the numbers you look for, production, height, weight, speed, length, jump, etc. but I'm not sold on him. If he played more like his counterpart Conley, with his measurables I might be all in on him but that's not really the case.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you guys realize, but the draft is less than a week away.

I mean, most of you guys. Oldman is fully aware, he has already started his pre-draft drinking.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
So you are basically saying we should never ever ever ever question a pick the team makes? I mean none of us would have ever talked to the player or watched his film as much as the coaching staff/FO right? Now, would I vomit if we took Trubisky? No, but there is nothing with questioning the team's selection.

not liking a pick seems to me quite different from saying you're going to vomit if the team picks a particular player. I like playing fantasy team general manager here like we all do. And i've got guys i like and "don't like". But i'm not going to vomit over anyone we pick. What's more, my feeling about us taking a qb early is the exact opposite. I want ou r staff to like a qb because that means they think we have a chance of making that essential next step. That would be good news to me. I would be cheered by that, not want to vo it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fellas, after months of internal debate....I think Fournette is the guy I want at #2. As talented as Carlos can be, we will probably never see his entire potential is he can't stay healthy. I don't care that it's at #2, he is the BPA and in 5 years we will be talking about potential the best back in the league.

Plus he is a 9ers fan. It is meant to be.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

not liking a pick seems to me quite different from saying you're going to vomit if the team picks a particular player. I like playing fantasy team general manager here like we all do. And i've got guys i like and "don't like". But i'm not going to vomit over anyone we pick. What's more, my feeling about us taking a qb early is the exact opposite. I want ou r staff to like a qb because that means they think we have a chance of making that essential next step. That would be good news to me. I would be cheered by that, not want to vo it.

The feeling of nausea is momentary. I thought that of Arik Armstead., but that's because I really wanted Devante Parker, because having a #1 WR meant more to me than having a 3-4 DE. Taking Arik really really disappointed me. But you shake it off, and then the following morning I was ready to live with it. I'm sure many here would have a similar nauseous feeling about drafting Trubisky, but the following morning, we'll mostly all be cautiously optimistic and rally behind him. Rooting against him serves absolutely nothing. If he turns out to bust, we'll all have our posts on this board that will prove we were right all along, and our I-told-you-so's will be there to warm our sad little pathetic hearts. But as opposed I am to drafting Trubisky at 2, I'll give him and Kylo a good 2-3 years of benefit of the doubt.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the latest mcshay-kiper mock. My has kizer ever fallen. They now have peterman ahead of kizer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

To me, it would reek of a panic move. I'm with 757...pretty sure I'd come close to vomiting and lose quite a bit of faith in this front office. And I'd be preparing for the likes of Davis Mills, Dylan Mccaffrey, and Jake Fromm

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Just saw the latest mcshay-kiper mock. My has kizer ever fallen. They now have peterman ahead of kizer.

He is having a bit of a meltdown when it comes to his public perception. He vented on path to the draft and it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. He's also on twitter defending himself about some words taken out of context. He's got a bit of that Russell Wilson interview vibe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

The feeling of nausea is momentary. I thought that of Arik Armstead., but that's because I really wanted Devante Parker, because having a #1 WR meant more to me than having a 3-4 DE. Taking Arik really really disappointed me. But you shake it off, and then the following morning I was ready to live with it. I'm sure many here would have a similar nauseous feeling about drafting Trubisky, but the following morning, we'll mostly all be cautiously optimistic and rally behind him. Rooting against him serves absolutely nothing. If he turns out to bust, we'll all have our posts on this board that will prove we were right all along, and our I-told-you-so's will be there to warm our sad little pathetic hearts. But as opposed I am to drafting Trubisky at 2, I'll give him and Kylo a good 2-3 years of benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn't ever rally behind the pick from a straight pick perspective, but I would rally behind the player and hope I was wrong, if that makes sense. Similar to Garnett last year - I won't ever support the selection itself (lack of value, player selection, etc), but obviously I want nothing but good things from the player.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: