Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Out of all the QBs that appeared on Jon Gruden's QB camp...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OleXmad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I remember that episode. Carr's maturity as a player and a person was really impressive.

Still puzzling how Bortles could go #3 in that drat, while Carr dropped all the way to the 2nd round. I think his brother's career really tainted his draft stock.

It did to a certain degree and unofficially knocked him off one team's draft board (Texans) who ironically would be the best team in the AFC south with Derek Carr right now if he progressed as well as he did with the raiders.

But growing up around football was probably the main reason Derek Carr was a success in the NFL, That and his work ethic and landing with the right franchise of course.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
Mean_Streets

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I remember that episode. Carr's maturity as a player and a person was really impressive.

Still puzzling how Bortles could go #3 in that drat, while Carr dropped all the way to the 2nd round. I think his brother's career really tainted his draft stock.

Out of the most talked about QBs in that draft I was least impressed with Bortles & that is saying alot considering how much I disliked Manziel as well. Bortles had so many holes in his game it was ridiculous, I know he was looked as a project pick, but no project should go in the top 3.

Just compare Bortles' passes to Carr's. The difference is major.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0PKEvPbLVs&t=39s&list=LL6gqMfG1CCj3PYSJuw3hMjQ&index=11
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mean_Streets wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Out of the most talked about QBs in that draft I was least impressed with Bortles & that is saying alot considering how much I disliked Manziel as well. Bortles had so many holes in his game it was ridiculous, I know he was looked as a project pick, but no project should go in the top 3.

Just compare Bortles' passes to Carr's. The difference is major.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0PKEvPbLVs&t=39s&list=LL6gqMfG1CCj3PYSJuw3hMjQ&index=11

With Bortles being considered a project, it doesn't make sense how Carr, who had vastly superior physical tools and a more polished skill set, wasn't looked at as highly.

Look at those throws. Carr had the best arm talent that year, and it wasn't close. He was the 4th best prospect in that draft behind Clowney, Mack, and Donald.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I'd take Teddy Bridgewater's interview over Derek Carr's interview Wink

I'm sure Krauser has a long breakdown full of gifs that prove this point tbh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: