Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams 2017 Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCHEDULE ISN'T EVEN THAT HARD?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The schedule aside, I'm excited to see how McVay will help shape Goff into what his potential says he could be. I just read an article from last season about over a month before the draft. This was before the Rams traded up to the #1 overall pick. Greg Cosell said Goff is a more natural passer than Mariota and is a better overall prospect than Winston.

I'm not gonna judge Goff season under Fisher because outside of McNair (a broken clock is right twice a day), no QB has been great under Fisher. I just think how Cousins improved greatly in Washington under Gruden and McVay. A lot of people in Washington was heartbroken to see McVay go because they knew how much he meant to Cousins and that offense. I think Goff is more talented than Cousins and it's not even close and I like Cousins.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

It's about average. The Rams rank 17th in strength of schedule.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a broken clock is right twice a day

not a military clock Wink
ctp2124

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

It's about average. The Rams rank 17th in strength of schedule.

It helps that the NFC West has fallen off as the great conference it was for the last several years. Hopefully McVay finds a way not lose twice to San Fran this year.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
Tano

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
It's hard to make predictions with a whole new look coming into this year. Every team changes year to year so team strengths are just a guess at this point. I can see an 8-8 season from this, though...BUT that's dependent on how well Goff does. Which brings to question......if Goff ends up being a Goof again and has another bad season. We end up drafting in the top 10 next year do YOU draft another QB (with how deep it'll be next year)?

If we can draft Sam Darnold - hell yes we do Smile
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing 5-11. SO MUCH has to go right for us to be 9-7/8-8.

-Oline has to click
-Gurley has to return to form
-We have to find SEVERAL wide receivers to step up and play better than they have played in their career (Woods/Tavon) or rely on a rookie(s) to play at a high level.
-Goff has to get the offense early and execute.

Oh and we need to have no injuries.

Only certainty i feel comfortable saying is our special teams will continue to be Top 5 and the worst case scenario for our defense is Middle of the Pack and again that is with no major injuries.

Ceiling 9-7 Floor 2-14. Realistic 5-11
ctp2124

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:

-Oline has to click
-We have to find SEVERAL wide receivers to step up and play better than they have played in their career (Woods/Tavon) or rely on a rookie(s) to play at a high level.

Only certainty i feel comfortable saying is our special teams will continue to be Top 5 and the worst case scenario for our defense is Middle of the Pack and again that is with no major injuries.

It is impossible to have expectations IMO given the new coaching change, defensive shift, and player movement. Coaching makes a HUGE difference. In the 5 years preceding Fisher as our head coach we won 15 games in 5 years. In Fisher's first year we went 7-8-1. Our roster is stronger than it was in 2012.

Main point: wait to see how our team plays in the preseason and first few games to gauge how we will look with McVay and co running the team then the jokers we had last season.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:

-Oline has to click

It is impossible to have expectations IMO given the new coaching change, defensive shift, and player movement. Coaching makes a HUGE difference. In the 5 years preceding Fisher as our head coach we won 15 games in 5 years. In Fisher's first year we went 7-8-1. Our roster is stronger than it was in 2012.

Main point: wait to see how our team plays in the preseason and first few games to gauge how we will look with McVay and co running the team then the jokers we had last season.

It is possible to make projections given the information and knowledge we currently possess. That's the point of the topic I believe. Everyone's projection will be different because they may have more faith in certain projections than others. The preseason I don't think will give us much either tbh. The development of young players under the new regime is going to playout over the course of the entire season, not 7 quarters over the course of 4 meaningless games. This year will be spent evaluating players like Tru, Tavon, Barron, Quinn, G-Rob to see if they will have a future with this franchise under Mcvay. 5-11 will land us a top 10 pick hopefully and next year we will have a lot more money to spend via FA. Ofcourse crazier things have happened, but I'm not setting that expectation now and won't be setting it based on the preseason.
RamRod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could realistically see us winning 6 games. The Bleacher Report article I read predicting every team's record has us going 3-13. Smh that's a step back from last year.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
I could realistically see us winning 6 games. The Bleacher Report article I read predicting every team's record has us going 3-13. Smh that's a step back from last year.

that's okay with me! give us Darnold then we'll be 13-3 the following year after Wink
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If we can draft Sam Darnold - hell yes we do Smile

Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a top 5 pick, next year's draft should be more exciting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:

-Oline has to click

I disagree. I think it's reasonable to assume that the defense and special teams will be up to snuff. From the offensive perspective, only one thing has to go really right to make the big difference, that's Jared Goff.

I recognize that WR play and OL play will factor into Goff's performance, but if Goff plays like he's capable of playing, he's capable of making both units look better than they are. If that happens, we'll have a solid to good year.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tano wrote:
JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:
Considering if we have no MAJOR injuries

1: vIND
2: vWAS
3: aSF
4: aDAL
5: vSEA
6: aJAX
7: vARI
8: bye
9: aNYG
10: vHOU
11: aMIN
12: vNO
13: aARI
14: vPHI
15: aSEA
16: aTEN
17: vSF

I am thinking those bolded are winnable games. I think we will get out of the first 2 weeks 1-1. I don't think we lose both. But I think we at least win those. As for Seattle we always play them well. Any other games you think?

OMG - the Pessimisn in this forum

I am seeing the following possible wins

A couple of those may turn out to be losses but I can easily see us going 8 - 8 maybe even 9-7 if everything goes well

This is the best schedule we've had in years.

Ok how on earth is 6-10 pessimistic. Have you been following the RAMS this past decade? I am sorry but it is hard to have super optimism with this team when the last time this team had any season above .500 was way back in ole 2003. What happened in 2003?
* Preist Holmes led the league in touchdowns
* Jamal Lewis ran for over 2,000 yards
* Peyton Manning and Steve McNair were co MVPs
* Anquan Boldin was OROY

Just to name a few.. a couple years after 2003 we went 8-8 and that was it.. so sorry if you think that we are going to not go any better than 6-10 is pessimistic. In fact I think 6-10 or 7-9 is realistic and optimistic considering our circumstances.
- New head coach
- An O-line that has improved but not even a top 15 o-line
- We still have no #1 WR and if its a rookie I don't see anything spectacular considering we have no 1st round pick
- Our QB is winless
- Defense is shifting to new type of defense..

Now don't get me wrong, I love what McVay is doing but its hard to think we are suddenly a plus .500 team because of a few acquisitions and a new coaching staff. Plus we dont know what we have in Goff.. who freaking knows.... even if Goff is the next coming of Brady or Manning and our defense adjusts to the new scheme AND we have NO injuries.. I still don't see us doing better than 9-7 ... MAAAYBE MAYBE 10-6.

Sorry. .rant over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: