Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Game Talk #5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:
Full battlefront 2 trailer went up. I like the premise. Now it just comes down to execution.
I want to believe but I got burned by the last one. Bad.

I feel like they won't halfass this one too after the hate they got for the first one. Then again, I feel like the game will sell good every time even if it's underwhelming every time because it's Star Wars
bdog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
bdog wrote:
anybody playing Persona 5? I had to check it out with all the amazing reviews it was getting. Also always wanted to play a game like it so I thought this would be a good one to get into it. I cant believe how much fun ive had with it so far.

I'm usually fairly jaded when it comes to video games and I just see the gameplay side of things, but the game is so stylish that I just get caught up in every little thing.

I will be sold on the Switch if it's also the replacement for their mobile lineup. I love the 3DS lineup and care very little about the main console lineup, so seeing Phoenix Wright and Fire Emblem on a main console but it's still mobile, sign me up.

Its crazy how stylish the game is. I never thought id love a game like this but I keep wanting more.
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Now if they tell J Roc to stay away they may have a chance to win the game.
NickButera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
E3 seems like it's going to be huge this year. Nintendo and Microsoft seem like they really have a lot to prove, and I'm sure that Sony wants to keep up their dominance this generation.

Nintendo really needs to take advantage and sell people on the Switch. It's a hot product right now. If they want it to succeed they really need to keep it up - hype alone won't work forever. Get some third parties on board and really ramp up the first party exclusives. Give people a reason to believe that it'll get some heavy hitters next year too.

Nintendo can knock it out of the park with some a few good wswitch announcements and something like the SNES classic announcement with some basic features-like being able to buy/download games/internet connectivity, and supply supply supply.

It's simply ridiculous that a company repeatedly misses on supply and demand like Nintendo. They could be such a better company with some better basic business management. It doesn't appear that they even plan for this stuff, surveys, analytical forecasts, etc. It's like they just guess.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
E3 seems like it's going to be huge this year. Nintendo and Microsoft seem like they really have a lot to prove, and I'm sure that Sony wants to keep up their dominance this generation.

Nintendo really needs to take advantage and sell people on the Switch. It's a hot product right now. If they want it to succeed they really need to keep it up - hype alone won't work forever. Get some third parties on board and really ramp up the first party exclusives. Give people a reason to believe that it'll get some heavy hitters next year too.

Nintendo can knock it out of the park with some a few good wswitch announcements and something like the SNES classic announcement with some basic features-like being able to buy/download games/internet connectivity, and supply supply supply.

It's simply ridiculous that a company repeatedly misses on supply and demand like Nintendo. They could be such a better company with some better basic business management. It doesn't appear that they even plan for this stuff, surveys, analytical forecasts, etc. It's like they just guess.

Some people think it's all planned. It makes sense I guess....kinda? But I hear they also have shortages of some Amiibos and never address them, literally leaving money on the table.

It is kinda dumb because it's better to just take people's money now, you dunno what changes over the course of a few months. Hype dies down, people make level headed decisions about lack of games, the delay purchases until holidays, maybe the no longer want or can't buy during holidays.

D#######
Lions017

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it with the amiibos - they're kind of a niche product and they are a collectable/toy. I don't understand it with the consoles, though. You want to put out as many consoles as you can so that more people can buy your software.

The Switch is starting to appeal to me more and more. I'm finding myself having less time for games, so being able to just pick it up and play anywhere seems appealing to me. I love games like Mass Effect and Fallout, but sometimes having a 70+ hour adventure is a bit too much - I feel like when I just play for 30 minutes that I don't really accomplish anything, and sometimes that's all that I have. I'm also getting tired of having to either takeover the living room or isolate myself to a different room to play my Xbox, you know?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
I read that Spider-Man won't be a 2017 game

You read wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Lions017 wrote:

Some people think it's all planned. It makes sense I guess....kinda? But I hear they also have shortages of some Amiibos and never address them, literally leaving money on the table.

It is kinda dumb because it's better to just take people's money now, you dunno what changes over the course of a few months. Hype dies down, people make level headed decisions about lack of games, the delay purchases until holidays, maybe the no longer want or can't buy during holidays.

It's a sore spot for me. I work in supply chain management. I understand overhead and not wanting to oversupply your sales projections. But that's why a proper demand projection and an adequate buffer supply is so important. If you get it wrong in the initial project planning stages, it takes months upon months to recover.

If it's on purpose it's one thing. Nintendo certainly has zero brand dilution. But man alive, I totally agree with you. I wonder if they've studied how much money the left on the table or lost because they couldn't supply adequately.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Tyty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Tyty wrote:
I read that Spider-Man won't be a 2017 game

You read wrong.

Didn't read wrong, just read something that came out before this lol
Tyty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I knew this sh*t would happen. Copycating idiots have no clue

Heimdallr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:

This game has been in development for 3 years. They didn't copy Battlefield.

This is a case of Activision listening to their customers. About 90% of the COD fanbase wanted to move away from the future settings.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Tyty wrote:

This game has been in development for 3 years. They didn't copy Battlefield.

This is a case of Activision listening to their customers. About 90% of the COD fanbase wanted to move away from the future settings.

CoD: Infinite Warfare isn't the most disliked game trailer in YouTube history for nothing, LOL.

Hell, BO2, a game that came out 5 years ago on last-gen platforms has more players online than Infinite Garbagefare, real sad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit interested though actually. I absolutely love World War 2, reading about it, movies, shows.
Lions017

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited for CoD to go back to basics. I'm debating between Call of Duty, Destiny 2, and Battlefront 2 for this fall - I don't need more than one shooter really. I'm leaning toward Battlefront as I'm a big Star Wars fan, but we will see.

At the very least I'll have to give it a rental for the campaign. D-Day in current-gen graphics should be something to see.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whether or not I get CoD will depend 100% on how they handle the Supply Drop system and DLC.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
whether or not I get CoD will depend 100% on how they handle the Supply Drop system and DLC.

Did they change anything from how it worked from BO3 to IW? Your main issue was that supply drops had weapons in them right?

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 61 of 87

Jump to: