Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots 2017 schedule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starless

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Patriots 2017 schedule Reply with quote

Interesting home/away distribution. Love that the bye week is in the middle again.
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not liking that post-bye schedules. 5/8 games on the road, 5 division games including 3 back-to-back-to-back. And Denver, Oakland, and Pittsburgh (being the easiest).

1-15, best guess. Totally gonna get the number 1 pick.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really liking the schedule this year from a match ups standpoint. The AFC West/NFC South will sure be a competitive slate. Wonder why we haven't been getting many MNF games in the last few seasons, although I would think they have tried to diversify the MNF games since the inclusion of TNF and not wanting to put a strain on teams with preparation and rest between those two venues....

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week 9 bye is huge. Underrated advantage. The post-bye schedule is hard though. 5 weeks out of 6 on the road, against three contenders and 2 division rivals, that's a tough slog.

KC in the season opener seems anti-climactic. I know it has to be a home game, so Denver, Oakland and Pitt are ruled out. But it feels like the Texans, Atlanta or a division rival would be a bigger draw.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
Starless

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:

KC in the season opener seems anti-climactic. I know it has to be a home game, so Denver, Oakland and Pitt are ruled out. But it feels like the Texans, Atlanta or a division rival would be a bigger draw.
For better or worse, KC had the 2nd best record in the AFC last year.

What I don't get is, why not have the Falcons come here on opening night if you're going to have them open on the road regardless? Are they that scared of the possibility of another boring SB rematch on opening night like they had last year?
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:

What I don't get is, why not have the Falcons come here on opening night if you're going to have them open on the road regardless? Are they that scared of the possibility of another boring SB rematch on opening night like they had last year?

Wasn't intended as a comment on KC's quality as a team at all, just that there aren't any rivalries or narratives that present themselves. "Two good football teams, whose coaches like and respect one another, play on opening night" isn't much of a headline.

Didn't Ron Rivera kick-off about having to play the SB rematch as an opener last year? I know, if I was Atlanta, I would want to play a whole lot of football before I ever saw another Patriots jersey again.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Starless wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:

Wasn't intended as a comment on KC's quality as a team at all, just that there aren't any rivalries or narratives that present themselves. "Two good football teams, whose coaches like and respect one another, play on opening night" isn't much of a headline.

Didn't Ron Rivera kick-off about having to play the SB rematch as an opener last year? I know, if I was Atlanta, I would want to play a whole lot of football before I ever saw another Patriots jersey again.

Well, remember what happened the last time they played KC week 1?

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
Starless wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:

Well, remember what happened the last time they played KC week 1?

Oh yeah. I guess I blocked that out.
lancerman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:

Riverboat Ron made a big deal about spending all off season trying to put the Super Bowl behind them and then having to revisit it on day one of the regular season and screwing with his teams mojo.
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to freak out about these type of things so far in advance, but my early thoughts on the schedule.

Thought Atlanta was the best opening night match up, but figured it wouldn't happen after Rivera's crying.

If I'm a season ticket holder, I'm happy with all the 1PM starts and the early games being home when its warm(er). Might try to go to a few more games than normal this year.

Weird distribution of divisional games at the end, like others have said. Miami, Buffalo, Miami, Pitt, Buffalo? All the AFC foes at the end of the schedule...seems like the NFL really wants to avoid having the Patriots clinch early.

Schedule getting announced and the draft is this week...football will be back before we know it. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: