Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Position Poll (The Draft 3nd Round - Part A)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Position Do you Want Addressed in Round 3 (first pick)
DT
50%
 50%  [ 10 ]
RB
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
OLB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OT
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
TE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WR
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
S
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OC
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Vikings Position Poll (The Draft 3nd Round - Part A) Reply with quote

Our fan base has said that the preferred pick in round 2 is OG with 66% of the votes, DT was a distant second.

Now we're onto the first pick in the third round that we have.

The reason for doing this, again, is to see the Vikings fans thoughts of what the most important needs are that we want to see addressed the soonest, I understand that we want them to draft whomever is the best player available a lot of the time, but that doesn't mean that we can't do this exercise in team needs and what as fans we see as the most important positions to address.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think IOL is best for round 3, due to draft depth & our team need.
So i took the OC/OG option.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked DT with the first pick, but I don't see the value with our first 3rd.

perhaps Mixon or Samuel is here with this pick. I'd take either one of those two.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is difficult to project because it would all depend upon who is available. If Brantley, Ogunjobi or Tomlinson are available, they'd all be considered good value. So, ideally DT would be the target here, but there's no guarantee because beyond those 3, I'm not sure there's another DT that I'd consider (maybe Montravius Adams though).

Ideally then, DT would be my target...with a DB being next in line (CB/S)...I'd wait on the RB until later. For me, none of the RBs that will likely be available here would be good value.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Purplexing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As instructed in the OP, I assumed equal value of players available and focused on the position of greatest need after the 2nd round pick poll determined a RG / OG was strongly preferred, and Spielman is assumed to have made that pick.

It comes down to RB and DT, after free agency signings, players lost in FA, and the first pick of OG...

I selected DT, which seems weaker as a unit than RB, due to the uncertainty of Floyd returning versus McK and Murray, both perceived as being healthy, despite the recent minor operation on Murray.

I'm still concerned about Murray's age, tho'...

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going with a DT here. May need that player to have a big role from day one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bit of a brain fart and voted for RB, I should have gone DT. Floyd's uncertainty really changes how to draft a DT. If we knew he could still play I would be more inclined to go with 2 OL and a RB through 3...but now we need a DT early, a good playable RB should still be there at 3b (if not even 4a).
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
I'm still concerned about Murray's age, tho'...

why? 27?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be in the minority here but I went with a Center, it's by far the weakest position moving forward. This could change depending upon Easton's potential development but this is most likely Bergers last year and Easton isn't keeping me from adding a blue chip OC prospect.

Runningback isn't even close to being a need with the addition of Murray unless a special talent is sitting there. The class is deep so no reason to take one before the last 4th round pick/5th round unless that "talent" is sitting there.

DT would still be a need and we can sit here and try to say there is equal talent possibly available but that just simply won't be the case in this situation so unless some crazy circumstances unfold it would be a wasted pick IMO
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
I'm going to be in the minority here but I went with a Center, it's by far the weakest position moving forward. This could change depending upon Easton's potential development but this is most likely Bergers last year and Easton isn't keeping me from adding a blue chip OC prospect.

Runningback isn't even close to being a need with the addition of Murray unless a special talent is sitting there. The class is deep so no reason to take one before the last 4th round pick/5th round unless that "talent" is sitting there.

DT would still be a need and we can sit here and try to say there is equal talent possibly available but that just simply won't be the case in this situation so unless some crazy circumstances unfold it would be a wasted pick IMO

You have a valid point about the C position, I'm just not sure that there is going to be good value at the position in the 3rd round. If Elflein or Pocic are still there, I'd consider it, but if not, I'd rather just wait until the 6th round and grab a guy like Cameron Tom or Jon Toth.

Thx to Lil Uno!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: