Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 News & Info™ IV - Schedule Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing everyone can agree on: based on last year, Dallas' schedule looks really tough
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
One thing everyone can agree on: based on last year, Dallas' schedule looks really tough

Based on stats alone.dallas is schedule to have the worst record n also that defense took major hit over the offseason plus it time for the sophmore slump to kick in.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I'd be excited that the Eagles play in Carolina but instead of wasting money on that Stadium like I did two years ago, I might just take my Son up to Philly for our 1st game at the Linc. His mother is a 49ers fan so maybe we'll watch that beat down instead.

2017 Bird Watch: WR Jordan Matthews: Gm/ Tgt // Rec// Yds// TD// Y/R
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

Based on stats alone.dallas is schedule to have the worst record n also that defense took major hit over the offseason plus it time for the sophmore slump to kick in.
I think Dallas is a team that is simpler to figure out than teams make them look to be: Make Dak beat you.
JayWood2010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never did like projecting how much a team would win or lose based off schedule. I think the schedule looks tough though.

I havent seen Cowboys schedule, but they had an easy schedule last year.

As for making Dak beat them, that is a little easier said than done. Only a few teams did a good job at stopping the OL and Zeke last year, even when they were trying to make Dak beat them.

And when they are successful, they are leaving weapons like Dez, Witten, and Beasley wide open.

If Jalen Mills steps up this year, and a rookie CB somehow does well that will help out because Eagles Corners are left on an island anyways. Eagles defense doesnt really have to be different against the cowboys. Just do what they usually do.

Unfortunately I suspect the rookie CB, whoever that be will struggle as most rookie corners do. Cornerback is probably the hardest position other than QB.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayWood2010 wrote:
i never did like projecting how much a team would win or lose based off schedule. I think the schedule looks tough though.

I havent seen Cowboys schedule, but they had an easy schedule last year.

As for making Dak beat them, that is a little easier said than done. Only a few teams did a good job at stopping the OL and Zeke last year, even when they were trying to make Dak beat them.

And when they are successful, they are leaving weapons like Dez, Witten, and Beasley wide open.

If Jalen Mills steps up this year, and a rookie CB somehow does well that will help out because Eagles Corners are left on an island anyways. Eagles defense doesnt really have to be different against the cowboys. Just do what they usually do.

Unfortunately I suspect the rookie CB, whoever that be will struggle as most rookie corners do. Cornerback is probably the hardest position other than QB.

Their schedule is brutal. Dak looked helpless when the team had to rely on him, he can't shoulder a team and IMO will come crashing down to earth this year. We had that team dead to rights with a rookie HC and QB.

I expect growth from Mills, so him on WR1 and a guy like Conley or White on WR2 with Robinson/Brooks in the slot would be passable. Especially with an improved pass rush with Jernigan next to Cox and Graham.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Pro: Schedule is release
Con: 4 months of painful record predictions based on the schedule

That's why you start every prediction post with certain key phrases my fav:

"on paper..."
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the schedule at all? Things change too much year to year, so it's not like you can make predictions. Hell, even playing the Pats isn't a guaranteed loss because Brady could get hurt.

I guess me never going to games influences my lack of caring too though.

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the schedule at all? Things change too much year to year, so it's not like you can make predictions. Hell, even playing the Pats isn't a guaranteed loss because Brady could get hurt.

I guess me never going to games influences my lack of caring too though.

I don't care either "who we play". Only things​ I care about is the amount of cross country Trips, how many back to back RD GM's in a row and GM's coming of byes. With the parity in the league who was good last year, might not be good this year. Changes every year.

2017 Bird Watch: WR Jordan Matthews: Gm/ Tgt // Rec// Yds// TD// Y/R
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Terry Bradshaws whole country boy act is completely a act? Laughing

I guess off camera he doesnt talk with a accent or isnt all "gee golly".. and hes a normal west coast guy with no accent and actually has more of that laid back California vibe.

He said that when people realized he was smart he realized other men can get easily threatened and bothered(*cough Chuck Knoll cough, Steelers ownership , Fox executives, cough*) so playing dumb always opened up doors for him cause it was the road of least resistance and always left a target off his back cause every one just thought he didnt know any better.

Bill Burr recently hung out with him and was like he talked like he grew up on the beach of LA his entire life (hes from LA) no accent, kinda old California surfer thing going on... then the minute he went on camera he was all "golly aint it great day for football, ya all see that game!" Laughing

Makes me love Terry.

He also refuses to go back to Pittsburgh or talk to any one there cause he was so mistreated Chuck Knoll and the ownership (who has never defended him when people called him dumb or overrated) and had to take on this "dumb persona" cause of male egos. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fletcher Cox off the field is a bad asss.. reading about his love of grudge racing. Pretty neat.

This is favorite car to, a 1999 TRANS AM! the one his parents bought him as a teenager and he built it/tuned it with his brother. very dope.

Hes got a buncha of sick cars, including a 69 Camaro with Nitrous. Cool baller move.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our most talented player seriously always love everything but football.

Shawn Andrews whole wanting to be a music producer thing.

Kevin Kolb a game warden and hunting tour guide

Jeff Owens international couch surfer

David Akers wanting to be a country music star

and now Fletcher Cox wants to be the king of drag racing ... lol we cant win Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather fletcher not be into drag racing I mean last time we had a great young DT that's how we lost him.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I would rather fletcher not be into drag racing I mean last time we had a great young DT that's how we lost him.

I forgot and didnt connect that dots on that one:cry: whats scary is hes racing very similar cars to what Jerome died in(a 92 Corvette), same sorta family of muscle cars as a Trans Am and Camaros(think Fletch owns a few Camaros).

A lot of times its not even you losing control, its the guy next to you losing control in a drag races, specially grudge racing(racing for money) guys are balls deep in the nitrous cause its for cash money and no f$%^ are given. Not like every one is a pro driver, a lot of times its just dudes with big bank accounts/or life long projects and big balls, no skill.

i watch drag racing daaaaily, this kinda crazy ish happens ALL THE TIME Arrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhEUyPveiZk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im 110% positive thats why hes keeping his weight down/lost weight. As serious as he is and as much money as hes putting into this, hes not going to race at 300 lbs. One thing to be tall , but when your spending 20,000 grand on carbon fiber and fiber glass parts for a few hundred pounds, of weight reduction its a simply a no brainer and a lot cheaper and easier to get on a treadmill and eat steak and salads for a few weeks.

Literally if the first mod any real racing instructor of any kind will tell you to do is, is lose weight, get in better shape, be light.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 81 of 99

Jump to: