Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
FOUR straight primetime games for the Steelers.

3 straight for Miami too, 4 total. Way more than Miami fans are used to.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the bottom bit of our schedule this year:

Week 11: Bye
Week 12: Sun., Nov. 26, 1 p.m. at New England Patriots
Week 13: Sun., Dec. 3, 1 p.m. vs. Denver Broncos
Week 14: Mon., Dec. 11, 8:30 p.m. vs. New England Patriots
Week 15: Sun, Dec. 17, 1 p.m. at Buffalo Bills
Week 16: Sun., Dec. 24, 1 p.m. at Kansas City Chiefs
Week 17: Sun., Dec. 31, 1 p.m. vs. Buffalo Bills

After the bye, we play the Pats twice, the Bills twice, and only two other teams. Our games against the Pats and Bills are only separated by a single game in-between. Very, very bizarre.

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I would actually say it's probably a good thing since we can gameplan vs the Pats during our bye and it will be fresh in the players' minds a couple weeks later. Same for the Bills.

Still it would be nice if the schedulemakers forced one of our division rivals to play away in the Miami heat of September one of these years. Rolling Eyes

Nacho Simulation Football League
areksoo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
This is the bottom bit of our schedule this year:

Week 11: Bye
Week 12: Sun., Nov. 26, 1 p.m. at New England Patriots
Week 13: Sun., Dec. 3, 1 p.m. vs. Denver Broncos
Week 14: Mon., Dec. 11, 8:30 p.m. vs. New England Patriots
Week 15: Sun, Dec. 17, 1 p.m. at Buffalo Bills
Week 16: Sun., Dec. 24, 1 p.m. at Kansas City Chiefs
Week 17: Sun., Dec. 31, 1 p.m. vs. Buffalo Bills

After the bye, we play the Pats twice, the Bills twice, and only two other teams. Our games against the Pats and Bills are only separated by a single game in-between. Very, very bizarre.

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I would actually say it's probably a good thing since we can gameplan vs the Pats during our bye and it will be fresh in the players' minds a couple weeks later. Same for the Bills.

Still it would be nice if the schedulemakers forced one of our division rivals to play away in the Miami heat of September one of these years. Rolling Eyes

Pats' schedule is similar at the end too. No divisional games until week 6. Then 5 divisional games in the last 6 weeks:

Week 12 MIA
Week 13 @BUF
Week 14 @MIA
Week 15 @PIT
Week 16 BUF
Week 17 NYJ

And well... by logical reasoning the Bills are in the same boat. It'll be interesting if these 3 teams are somewhat close in the standing by week 12.
Starless

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I don't get:

If the Falcons are opening on the road anyway, why not just have them come to New England in week 1?
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
Something I don't get:

If the Falcons are opening on the road anyway, why not just have them come to New England in week 1?

Can't speak for others, but I'd rather see KC @ NE anyway.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Raiders get screwed a little on prime time games.

Home(not really) vs New England in Mexico City

At the Eagles on Christmas Day(Monday)

At Washington for Sunday night football.

I get that the Coliseum is a dump, but give the fans at least a prime time game before the Raiders leave.

I think you underestimate how much of a home game that is actually going to be for the Raiders - aside from the fact that it's at altitude (though, playing in Denver annually, the majority of the team is more accustom to the altitude, i'd wager).

Certain things that shouldn't be mentioned on this site aside, Raider fans do travel well. Azteca is a booming environment. The Pats are coming off their bye, but also having to come even further cross-country than normal. And the crowd should be pretty heavily slanted towards the silver and black.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to actually go and confirm Pittsburgh plays four consecutive prime time games. That's ridiculous.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
areksoo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
daineraider wrote:

I get that the Coliseum is a dump, but give the fans at least a prime time game before the Raiders leave.

I think you underestimate how much of a home game that is actually going to be for the Raiders - aside from the fact that it's at altitude (though, playing in Denver annually, the majority of the team is more accustom to the altitude, i'd wager).

Certain things that shouldn't be mentioned on this site aside, Raider fans do travel well. Azteca is a booming environment. The Pats are coming off their bye, but also having to come even further cross-country than normal. And the crowd should be pretty heavily slanted towards the silver and black.

What better home advantage can you get then thousands of laser pointers aimed at opponents' eyes?
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
daineraider wrote:

True, but the most important thing is both teams get to wear helmets to protect themselves from the barrage of urine bags that will rain down on the field.

BigSnack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Had to actually go and confirm Pittsburgh plays four consecutive prime time games. That's ridiculous.

not only is it 4 in a row, but it is 5 in 6 games with the only non prime time game being at home against the pats which could be flexed at that point in the season

Yeast infection.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnack wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

not only is it 4 in a row, but it is 5 in 6 games with the only non prime time game being at home against the pats which could be flexed at that point in the season

wow.

good to know my November-December Sunday nights will be spent watching Pittsburgh Laughing

NS922

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
BigSnack wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

wow.

good to know my November-December Sunday nights will be spent watching Pittsburgh Laughing

At least then if you get into an argument about the Steelers with a Steelers fan, they can't pull the "you probably don't even watch Steelers games" line on you.
daineraider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
daineraider wrote:

Yes, there will be a lot of Raider fans, but we play in Denver once a year, so I wouldn't use the altitude as a positive. Point is that a home game for us is over 2200 miles away when we aready travel more miles every year than just about every team in the league. Last year we travelled by far more than any other team.

And yes that will be a longer trip for the Pats, but it's an away game and won't be travelling much further than they would be if they were playing in Oakland.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
BigSnack wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

wow.

Well If Ben gets hurt and misses those games the league is going to regret it.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
BigSnack wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

wow.

Well when Ben gets hurt and misses those games the league is going to regret it.

ffy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: