Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Barclays Premier League Pt. XVIII: Game of Managers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
2-0. The defensive solidity that Chelsea had earlier in the season has certainly started cracking. Spurs must be smiling right now.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Having a Leicester and Spurs title wins in back to back years would be awesome and honestly great for the Premier League.

Still tough for me to imagine Spurs catching Chelsea. This makes for less breathing room for them but do we think they are panicked at all? Would take another week like this next week for Spurs to be within a point.
Chelsea hasn't been near as sturdy as they were earlier in the season. I read recently online that they haven't kept a clean sheet in seven matches or something. I don't know if they'll be panicking but four points definitely puts the title race back on in my opinion.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
2-0. The defensive solidity that Chelsea had earlier in the season has certainly started cracking. Spurs must be smiling right now.

Having a Leicester and Spurs title wins in back to back years would be awesome and honestly great for the Premier League.

Still tough for me to imagine Spurs catching Chelsea. This makes for less breathing room for them but do we think they are panicked at all? Would take another week like this next week for Spurs to be within a point.
Chelsea hasn't been near as sturdy as they were earlier in the season. I read recently online that they haven't kept a clean sheet in seven matches or something. I don't know if they'll be panicking but four points definitely puts the title race back on in my opinion.

This was our worst performance since Arsenal game easily.

We haven't kept a clean sheet in 10 games in the league. Early goals in both halves today. Both were fortunate but that doesn't excuse our attacking play.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

We haven't kept a clean sheet in 10 games in the league. Early goals in both halves today. Both were fortunate but that doesn't excuse our attacking play.
I thought bringing Fabregas on was a good idea and they need more players like that to make up for Hazard being taken out of the game by Herrera. Zouma and Luiz looked really unsettled at the back and United constantly found space between the midfield and defense and down the channels.

Definitely a poor performance and the continued troubles in defense would worry me if I was a Chelsea fans.

reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

I thought bringing Fabregas on was a good idea and they need more players like that to make up for Hazard being taken out of the game by Herrera. Zouma and Luiz looked really unsettled at the back and United constantly found space between the midfield and defense and down the channels.

Definitely a poor performance and the continued troubles in defense would worry me if I was a Chelsea fans.

Not too concerned right now. They scored very early and that tends to change your approach. Yeah we haven't kept a clean sheet in 10 games. We do have a few moments per game that we can lapse. With our team, we can't concede early. That is where we are most vulnerable, it unsettles us.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said it could be a bit tense at Stamford Bridge but I think they got it. Look at their schedule it is a pretty big cake walk, they just have to perform. But if they draw in the next two games it could be a bit more tense.

Huge game for United. They could be even with Liverpool with their games in hand but they need to run up the scores to get back into it. That game against Citeh will be vital for them.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

Not too concerned right now. They scored very early and that tends to change your approach. Yeah we haven't kept a clean sheet in 10 games. We do have a few moments per game that we can lapse. With our team, we can't concede early. That is where we are most vulnerable, it unsettles us.
Yeah I still Chelsea win the title but Spurs will have their tails up and I think they'll add plenty of pressure. I'm a little worried about the defensive issues but I think they'll hold out. Today was a strange game, everyone from Conte all the way down just seemed off.

Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The backline shuffle that was required before the match started killed the team.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a good website for soccer strategy/tactics?

I've gotten in the habit of putting on the Premier League on Saturday mornings while working from home and have started to see when a team is getting closer to scoring a goal or whatnot but still don't really have any idea about the strategy.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

I've gotten in the habit of putting on the Premier League on Saturday mornings while working from home and have started to see when a team is getting closer to scoring a goal or whatnot but still don't really have any idea about the strategy.

Don't know if you like YT, but this is my favorite soccer related channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYYNGmyhZ_kwBF_lqqXdAQ/videos

Goes over general tactics (Zonal vs. Man marking for example) and also goes over tactics from certain teams (past and present).

Also has a host of other really good material.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

Don't know if you like YT, but this is my favorite soccer related channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYYNGmyhZ_kwBF_lqqXdAQ/videos

Goes over general tactics (Zonal vs. Man marking for example) and also goes over tactics from certain teams (past and present).

Also has a host of other really good material.
Zone or man marking is going to be a huge help, thanks. I still have no idea what the hell is going on during corner kicks.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
AustrianNiner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

http://spielverlagerung.com/

You can find almost everything there.

One of those guys is currently rocking the UEFA Youth League with his RB Salzburg side, beating Barca's youth team to reach the final.

Defense has been a problem for Chelsea but Diego Costa only scoring 3 goals in 2017 and being quite non-existent has played a big part aswell. No idea why Conte hasn't used Batshuayi at all.

Spurs on the other side are the prime example for a team built with patience and good coaching, despite a questionable transfer policy at times. Certainly the best team in the league right now, but I guess Chelsea will bring their lead over the line.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AustrianNiner wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

http://spielverlagerung.com/

You can find almost everything there.

One of those guys is currently rocking the UEFA Youth League with his RB Salzburg side, beating Barca's youth team to reach the final.

Defense has been a problem for Chelsea but Diego Costa only scoring 3 goals in 2017 and being quite non-existent has played a big part aswell. No idea why Conte hasn't used Batshuayi at all.

Spurs on the other side are the prime example for a team built with patience and good coaching, despite a questionable transfer policy at times. Certainly the best team in the league right now, but I guess Chelsea will bring their lead over the line.
Yeah this is a really good site, I spend a decent amount of time on it.

BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielverlagerung and Zonal Marking are both great sites for tactical analysis.

Been a great 1st half here in the cup semifinal - Tottenham have outplayed Chelsea and were camped out in the Chelsea half for a lot of that, Dembele and Wanyama are dominating Matic/Kante and the pressing has forced the backline into some big mistakes. But that challenge from Son at the end was just incredibly poor. I suppose that's what you get though when you play a forward at left wingback.

Lloris lucky not to get caught for handling outside the box.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddamn I hate how good that goal was. Unbelievable ball from Ericksen, hell of a half volley from Alli.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are just... so clearly the best two teams in England. Willian is just a consomite player. Takes a demotion with class and pride and just comes out and balls in an FA Cup Semi. Reminds me of Mkhi's play in Europa.

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 48 of 50

Jump to: