You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
I don't think the schedule is awful. It's favorable that we get 4 of the first 5 at home, especially with a rookie HC. That's a good way to break in your coaching career. Not to mention, 5 primetime games is always a welcome thing, especially when 3 of them are at home.

The 3 back to back away games midseason is tough, but I would point out that two of them are relatively short flights, and the Chargers game may very well be akin to a home game.

On a personal level, I'm disappointed how some of the games fell. Was really trying to swing that Redskins game with some college buddies, but the Christmas Eve timing kinda kills that. Definitely going to the Eagles game though.

If it's to make the playoffs, I totally agree. The lack of cold weather games really is a blessing. And can't complain with 5 PT games.

But realizing we have to have a LOT to go our way with how we fill our remaining holes, but I can't help myself, I try and look at our chances to contend overall - that's where the Week 10/11 NE schedule bites us hard. BB with 2 weeks to prepare for us, and then OAK has 2 weeks to prepare for NE right after. Double whammy - OAK gets NE in the best possible situation, we get NE with the worst weapon available given to them - more prep time. Maybe we can beat NE and then NE can beat OAK (and so we'd win tiebreakers with them), but if say we lose to NE and then OAK beats NE, worst case scenario for our chances to get good seeding, and first off, winning the AFCW just got a lot harder.

Then again, I probably need someone to give me the Jim Mora "PLAYOFFS???" GIF. Laughing

Eh, it's hard to put too much into the schedules now. Teams always fall off/overperform. Oakland was so good last year and people didn't initially expect it. Injuries will obviously always factor in.

Denver's SOS is misleading because they have OAK/KC 2x.

SoS doesn't bother me either when our division is this strong - you have to go 4-2 or better, just that simple, if you want to win your division.

But yes, I hear you - address what you can control. Not much you can do about stuff you can't control.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: