You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best 2017 Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Ross is a bad choice for the Bills.

Davis and Williams make more sense.
Corey Davis is long gone, so you can forget about him. Mike Williams doesn't really fit. Tyrod Taylor isn't the type of QB who makes a WR like him thrive. John Ross, however, would be a matchup nightmare for defenses with Tyrod Taylor as his quarterback. The Bills would arguably have the fastest offense with the addition of John Ross and he is the best fit for what the offense needs.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Love the fact that you have Allen and Thomas fall to the Bengals. I may be wrong, but given a choice between the two, I think most, if not all, would prefer Thomas.
Allen is the more consistent player and fits the Bengals better. He doesn't have the stereotypical length for a Bengals DE, but you can think of him as a very good version of Wallace Gilberry.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Zithers wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I'd be utterly disgusted. Taking a back top-10 is offensive enough. Trading up for one is just gross. If we make that horrendous mistake, Gettleman better pray he's Adrian Peterson part deux.
I agree, it would be pretty stupid, but the Panthers need to be desperate at this point to get any help for Cam. A desperate team is one that trades up into the top 3 for a RB.

mccaffrey would be there at 8.
so?

So it's far more likely we sit still and take him. Giving up all that draft capital for Fournette is insane.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible mockery of our team name. Even more terrible pick.

We need a speed edge rusher if we're gonna take one. We already have 3 similar guys to Barnett on the roster, all drafted in the 1st or early 2nd rounds.
BowlesDawgDX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
31. Atlanta Falcons: DB Budda Baker, Washington

I don't hate the pick i think Baker is a fine FS and one who fits our team amazingly well. I personally go with Taco or Takk there at edge rusher as they are much higher value as they are probably top 25 players and Baker is probably a early to mid 2nd rounder. Plus Edge rusher is probably a bigger need.
Taco Charlton and Takk McKinnley are both very overrated, neither are worth a selection at this point. You can't find another player like Baker who can be a great slot defender but also roll back to FS and be just as good. You can find better and more versatile defensive lineman with your next pick.

Couldn't agree more on Takk. Injury history, overrated athleticism, and depth of this class make him not worth it.
My issue with Taco is he doesn't fit the profile of a Falcons prospect under Quinn. Look at the draft last year, speed and athleticism. That's not Taco, I do like him though.
Bowser, Willis, and Rivers (the latter 2 being gone in this draft) all are better fits. I take it you don't have Bowser rated that high, so I'm fine with Baker
Vagrant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Best 2017 Mock Draft Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
22. Miami Dolphins: DB Jabrill Peppers, Michigan
27. Kansas City Chiefs: LB Jarrad Davis, Florida

You can switch these picks. MIA won't pick Peppers. I don't think he is the right fit here. Although, Davis IS the better pick for them here. They need help with LBs. Why? Simple.....Horrible run defense last year, more flexibility with Davis at all 3 LB spots. A bad fit at CB for MIA won't help that situation. Thanks.

PS: doesn't mean Peppers isn't a talent, just not a good fit for MIA.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Zithers wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I'd be utterly disgusted. Taking a back top-10 is offensive enough. Trading up for one is just gross. If we make that horrendous mistake, Gettleman better pray he's Adrian Peterson part deux.
I agree, it would be pretty stupid, but the Panthers need to be desperate at this point to get any help for Cam. A desperate team is one that trades up into the top 3 for a RB.

mccaffrey would be there at 8.
so?

So it's far more likely we sit still and take him. Giving up all that draft capital for Fournette is insane.
Oh I see, you're assuming they would want to draft McCaffrey at 8. I'm not going to make that same assumption.

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Terrible mockery of our team name. Even more terrible pick.

We need a speed edge rusher if we're gonna take one. We already have 3 similar guys to Barnett on the roster, all drafted in the 1st or early 2nd rounds.
Glad you liked it

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Crickett

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Best 2017 Mock Draft Reply with quote

Vagrant wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

You can switch these picks. MIA won't pick Peppers. I don't think he is the right fit here. Although, Davis IS the better pick for them here. They need help with LBs. Why? Simple.....Horrible run defense last year, more flexibility with Davis at all 3 LB spots. A bad fit at CB for MIA won't help that situation. Thanks.

Why do you think Peppers is a bad fit for Miami?

Also, why would he switch Peppers to Kansas City? They have no need for a safety.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me although I would prefer Njoku over Howard.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlesDawgDX wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
31. Atlanta Falcons: DB Budda Baker, Washington

I don't hate the pick i think Baker is a fine FS and one who fits our team amazingly well. I personally go with Taco or Takk there at edge rusher as they are much higher value as they are probably top 25 players and Baker is probably a early to mid 2nd rounder. Plus Edge rusher is probably a bigger need.
Taco Charlton and Takk McKinnley are both very overrated, neither are worth a selection at this point. You can't find another player like Baker who can be a great slot defender but also roll back to FS and be just as good. You can find better and more versatile defensive lineman with your next pick.

Couldn't agree more on Takk. Injury history, overrated athleticism, and depth of this class make him not worth it.
My issue with Taco is he doesn't fit the profile of a Falcons prospect under Quinn. Look at the draft last year, speed and athleticism. That's not Taco, I do like him though.
Bowser, Willis, and Rivers (the latter 2 being gone in this draft) all are better fits. I take it you don't have Bowser rated that high, so I'm fine with Baker
Bowser isn't really a pass rusher, he's going to get moved to off-ball LB in the NFL and may occasionally blitz or rush on long passing downs. Bowser would be pretty redundant in the Falcons defense. He can't do anything you don't already have in Deion Jones, De'Vondre Campbell, Vic Beasley, and Brooks Reed.

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Best 2017 Mock Draft Reply with quote

Vagrant wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

You're going to have to explain why he wouldn't be a good fit. Peppers can play to the field and be the guy in space that allows Kiko Alonso, Lawrence Timmons, TJ McDonald, and Reshad Jones stay closer to the MOF and play aggressive. Peppers also gives them the flexibility to change the defense without changing personnel. It has become less common to play with 3 LB's on the field, it wouldn't make much sense to invest a 1st round pick on a LB with Alonso and Timmons already set as starters. With Peppers you get someone who can play play safety, can play the slot, and can even move into the box and act as a 3rd LB. He wouldn't be a corner. Davis, on the other hand, can only be that 3rd LB. It would make sense to draft a LB later in the draft to provide depth and groom under Timmons, but the 1st is too early for that.

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Allen is a much better pick for the Browns than Trubisky

Vince Lombardi
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 0% chance that we move up andespecially not for Marshon Lattimore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Works for me although I would prefer Njoku over Howard.
I love Njoku and thought about slotting him there at 18, but Howard is a little bit more of a unique player that would be a good chess piece in that offense. Njoku is basically a big slot WR whereas Howard can play many positions that require better blocking ability.

Imagine having to gameplan for an offense consisting of Marcus Mariota, Derrick Henry, Corey Davis, and OJ Howard a few years from now when they all hit their prime together.

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: