You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Tennessee Titans Draft Thread V.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 5236
Location: NC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we have our choice, I'd much rather take JuJu Smith-Schuster than Cooper Kopp.

Hope JR and company have that same mindset.
_________________


#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ragevsuall17


Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 6861
Location: TX
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
If we have our choice, I'd much rather take JuJu Smith-Schuster than Cooper Kopp.

Hope JR and company have that same mindset.


I like Kupp in the 3rd... think the 2nd is a little too high for him, but then again, JRob could be willing to pull that trigger in the 2nd if we're able to manuever ourselves into the round. I also think the 2nd is too high for JSS. To me, they are similar prospects, although I think Kupp is a better fit, and is the better player. There just something about Kupp's demeanor (on and off the field, and he's been called a high character prospect several times)... and his sheer dominance for 4 years that I find intriguing.

It's unfortunate he didn't face tougher competition, but his success against Power 5 opponents he did face at least gives optimism:

2016 vs WSU - 12/206/3
2015 vs OU - 12/246/3
2014 vs UW - 8/145/3
2013 vs OSU - 5/119/2 (his first game in college)

It sucks that he didn't have the chance to play tougher schools more, but averaging 9/179/3 in 4 games against the Pac12 is nothing to scoff at. JSS played against all those schools multiple times in his career at USC, and not once did he reach 100 yards in 6 chances, averaging 46 yards in his career vs those 4 schools (13,74,82,57,10,41).

Kupp may need a year to transition, and targeting him in the 3rd doesn't mean I dismiss drafting a WR in the 1st. I do think that drafting Williams/Davis and Kupp would not be ideal as they all project to a similar position/role (IMO). Passing on Williams and drafting Ross would increase the chances of Kupp being the pick a little later.
_________________
Excuse the typos, I'm usually posting from my phone... and I Swype!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 5236
Location: NC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
If we have our choice, I'd much rather take JuJu Smith-Schuster than Cooper Kopp.

Hope JR and company have that same mindset.


I like Kupp in the 3rd... think the 2nd is a little too high for him, but then again, JRob could be willing to pull that trigger in the 2nd if we're able to manuever ourselves into the round. I also think the 2nd is too high for JSS. To me, they are similar prospects, although I think Kupp is a better fit, and is the better player. There just something about Kupp's demeanor (on and off the field, and he's been called a high character prospect several times)... and his sheer dominance for 4 years that I find intriguing.

It's unfortunate he didn't face tougher competition, but his success against Power 5 opponents he did face at least gives optimism:

2016 vs WSU - 12/206/3
2015 vs OU - 12/246/3
2014 vs UW - 8/145/3
2013 vs OSU - 5/119/2 (his first game in college)

It sucks that he didn't have the chance to play tougher schools more, but averaging 9/179/3 in 4 games against the Pac12 is nothing to scoff at. JSS played against all those schools multiple times in his career at USC, and not once did he reach 100 yards in 6 chances, averaging 46 yards in his career vs those 4 schools (13,74,82,57,10,41).

Kupp may need a year to transition, and targeting him in the 3rd doesn't mean I dismiss drafting a WR in the 1st. I do think that drafting Williams/Davis and Kupp would not be ideal as they all project to a similar position/role (IMO). Passing on Williams and drafting Ross would increase the chances of Kupp being the pick a little later.


Obviously Kupp's success is nothing to scoff at. Like you said, I feel Kupp and Smith-Schuster are similar type players.

One of the main reason I like Smith-Schuster over Kupp is the noticeable age difference. Smith-Schuster is 3 and a half years younger than Kupp. Think about it, Kupp was Smith-Schuster's current age as a RS freshman. Another perspective is that by the time Smith-Schuster is Kupp's current age, he'd have a full 3 seasons under his belt and in our system.
_________________


#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 59384
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would really like to get Jamal Adams and Mike Williams if we stick at #5 and #18. If we trade back from 5 I would still really love to get Mike Williams. I think he is a perfect fit for us.
_________________
mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
J.Redd10


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 1307
Location: Memphis TN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather have Oj Howard than Williams or Davis. Why,because we run a lot of 2 TE formations. Only receiver I really see fit our offense is Ross, because wit his speed, defenses have to decide rather to load the box, or double him.
Though my favorite WR is Corey Davis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TitanTuff


Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 1566
Location: Mariota Marriott
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel we are in a much better position than last year. Last year at draft time we had so many glaring needs. I don't believe we have as many this year. I think a couple elite players goes a long ways. Something like an Adams at #5 and a Williams/Davis/Howard at #18 can really do wonders for us. We obviously still have holes to plug but I think we are in much better shape.


Quote:
The fastest player in the history of the NFL Scouting Combine won't even be on the board for some teams when the NFL draft commences next week. NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock said Friday on a media teleconference that injury concerns have made Ross undraftable for some, and downgraded for others.

_________________


2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 6194
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Williams is available at #18. I think he's easily the #1 WR taken at this point.

If Adams is gone, and they feel as bad about Lattimore's injury concerns as I do, I think we take Mike Williams #5 overall. Assuming we can't trade down, of course, which is by far my favorite option.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14792
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
I don't think Williams is available at #18. I think he's easily the #1 WR taken at this point.

If Adams is gone, and they feel as bad about Lattimore's injury concerns as I do, I think we take Mike Williams #5 overall. Assuming we can't trade down, of course, which is by far my favorite option.


I personally think the only people we take at #5 are OJ Howard and Mike Williams.

With Solomon Thomas being the pick if he slips.
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
I don't think Williams is available at #18. I think he's easily the #1 WR taken at this point.

If Adams is gone, and they feel as bad about Lattimore's injury concerns as I do, I think we take Mike Williams #5 overall. Assuming we can't trade down, of course, which is by far my favorite option.


I personally think the only people we take at #5 are OJ Howard and Mike Williams.

With Solomon Thomas being the pick if he slips.

Two-thirds of these options leads me to stepping away from the forum for 24 hours on Thursday. Laughing

With that said, I could learn to live with Howard. Spending a top five pick on a lineman would probably break me.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ockham


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 3512
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
I don't think Williams is available at #18. I think he's easily the #1 WR taken at this point.

If Adams is gone, and they feel as bad about Lattimore's injury concerns as I do, I think we take Mike Williams #5 overall. Assuming we can't trade down, of course, which is by far my favorite option.


I personally think the only people we take at #5 are OJ Howard and Mike Williams.

With Solomon Thomas being the pick if he slips.

Two-thirds of these options leads me to stepping away from the forum for 24 hours on Thursday. Laughing

With that said, I could learn to live with Howard. Spending a top five pick on a lineman would probably break me.


What about Derrick Barnett? Haven't seen anyone mock him to us.

Seems like pass rush and defensive backfield are hardest thing to get. If you have questions about the CBs durability, Barnett might offer a safe value pick.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
I don't think Williams is available at #18. I think he's easily the #1 WR taken at this point.

If Adams is gone, and they feel as bad about Lattimore's injury concerns as I do, I think we take Mike Williams #5 overall. Assuming we can't trade down, of course, which is by far my favorite option.


I personally think the only people we take at #5 are OJ Howard and Mike Williams.

With Solomon Thomas being the pick if he slips.

Two-thirds of these options leads me to stepping away from the forum for 24 hours on Thursday. Laughing

With that said, I could learn to live with Howard. Spending a top five pick on a lineman would probably break me.


What about Derrick Barnett? Haven't seen anyone mock him to us.

Seems like pass rush and defensive backfield are hardest thing to get. If you have questions about the CBs durability, Barnett might offer a safe value pick.
We have a terrible secondary, linebackers that can't cover and Tajae Sharpe and Harry Douglas are currently our No. 2 and 3 receivers, personally (and obviously there's plenty of disagreement here) a safe pick at a position that isn't a need is the last thing I want to be spending a top five pick on.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ockham


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 3512
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather trade down, but if you stay at #5, as a GM, you better not miss.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 8646
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
I would rather trade down, but if you stay at #5, as a GM, you better not miss.


Ehh.. obviously it would suck to miss, but you don't get punished like you used to prior to the rookie pay scale.
_________________

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Ockham wrote:
I would rather trade down, but if you stay at #5, as a GM, you better not miss.


Ehh.. obviously it would suck to miss, but you don't get punished like you used to prior to the rookie pay scale.
Yeah, we have a quarterback, are coming off of a 9-7 season and have plenty of cap space and a rookie pay scale, there's no need to aim for the safe pick.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
615finest


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 950
Location: Atlanta, GA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we double on WR. If Mike Williams is the pick, I hope we go after a speed WR later in the draft.

I really want us to draft Sidney Jones but I don't think he gets past the 2nd round even with the injury.
_________________
TITAN UP!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 16 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group