Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's your big board? 2017 edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakleyRaider24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jarrad Davis
2 Hassan Reddick
3 Marlon Humphrey
4 Jabrill Peppers
5 Malik McDowell
6 Tre'Davious White
7 Joe Mixon
8 Cam Robinson
9 Dalvin Cook
10 Obi Melifonwu

Think we have a realistic shot at all of them a at 24. In a perfect world Reuben Foster slides, we take him and I'm doin backflips in my living room.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'd still take a good trade back from 24 over all of the below players I shuffled my BB a bit this week....

1. Malik McDowell
2. Gareon Conley
3. Haason Reddick
4. Cam Robinson
5. Jarrad Davis

With a decent drop of in affinity after the top 3.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My final BB likely. Some movement and really I am not going to put more than three. After that unless someone drops there are alot of DB's/LB/DEs that I would rank similarily and be equally happy with. I would not have an OT or RB on that list.

1. Malik McDowell DT
2. Haasan Reddick LB
3. Jarrad Davis LB
Darbsk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much more difficult to decide at #24 than where we've been accustomed to picking over the last decade, however, here is my BB and why:

i) Jarrad Davis ILB - Biggest impact player and future leader of the D, I think he'll be the best pro of the ILB prospects
ii) TJ Watt Edge - He's going to be a great all round player, he may fall due to 'tweener' doubts but he suits our 5-2 really well and I would pair him with Mack and rotate him with Irvin
iii) Malik McDowell DE/DT - The player we wanted Ward to be with huge upside, he does have faults but this is a great environment for him (don't think he's on the FO radar though as we already have Ward)
iv) Haason Reddick ILB - Better athlete than Davis but I think Davis will be the better Pro and leader of our D
v) Cam Robinson OT - Bigger power blocking OT that we can mold behind Penn for a year and wouldn't have to start straight away
vi) Jabrill Peppers SS - I think his best position could be SS and he could potentially rotate with Joseph, he's high risk - high reward type player but love his aggressive play style and think he'll compliment KJ well.
vii) Chidobe Awuzie CB - good size, athletic and experienced and can work his way into the lineup behind Smith and Amerson. I don't think we need a CB as much as others do so his value is lower to me.
viii) John Ross WR - Not a 'need' but he could compliment Crabs and Coop and take our offence to the next level with his speed out the slot and on the boundary
ix) Marlon Humphrey CB - We wouldn't have to throw him straight in at the deep end and I think he suits what we want in a CB, big, fast & aggressive. As above with value.
x) Zach Cunningham ILB - Polarizing prospect for me as I'm not sure he's an ILB at the next level and not really an end in our system, if he can make the transition he could be great

*Please note I reserve the right to flip-flop on a whim Smile
reddevil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^- Nice looking list and shows the sheer mass of options that should be there for us in round 1. The 2 guys that werent on my board when I did it a while back were Robinson and Watt. I am starting to come round to Robinson. I have my reservations as I don't know if he'll be able to fix some of his issues with his feet/balance to take over at LT or even be a big improvement over what we currently have against the pass as a RT. That said, having seen a poster somewhere list our oline with him in as:

Penn--Osemele--Hudson--Jackson--Robinson

I suddenly had visions of Beast Mode tearing through a defense behind these monsters and I could see the attraction. He wouldnt be my top choice, but it would be fun to watch our running game with the above.

I haven't given Watt any consideration really and haven't watched any of his vids. Perhaps thought he wouldn't fit our scheme. I've seen a lot of posters in the draft forum really high on him so might give him a look. Would sure be an interesting pick.
jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but this time reggie will be drafting at #24 instead in top 15 picks like he used to

depend who there on the board, this is who i can see reggie drafting

- McDowell, Malik DT (would he draft him even after getting Edwards and Ward in 2nd round)
- Peppers, Jabrill S (playmaker all around in defense)
- Robinson, Cam OT (anyone but Howard starting at RT lol)
- Mixon, Joe RB (strong possibility if we didn't trade for Lynch)
- Davis, Jarrad LB (2nd best linebacker after Foster)
- Cunningham, Zach LB (3rd best linebacker after Davis)
- Awuzie, Chidobe CB (i have a feeling it will be this pick, i like this one)
- King, Kevin CB (in case Awuzie not on board, similar to Sean Smith)

while i doubt anyone of them will fall to 2nd round, there's a possibility they could trade back and pick up extra 2nd or 3rd round pick

^ keep this in mind, not in order but those players i can see are available by the time we're on the clock

Last edited by jlieberum1985 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddevil wrote:
^^^^- Nice looking list and shows the sheer mass of options that should be there for us in round 1. The 2 guys that werent on my board when I did it a while back were Robinson and Watt. I am starting to come round to Robinson. I have my reservations as I don't know if he'll be able to fix some of his issues with his feet/balance to take over at LT or even be a big improvement over what we currently have against the pass as a RT. That said, having seen a poster somewhere list our oline with him in as:

I suddenly had visions of Beast Mode tearing through a defense behind these monsters and I could see the attraction. He wouldnt be my top choice, but it would be fun to watch our running game with the above.

I haven't given Watt any consideration really and haven't watched any of his vids. Perhaps thought he wouldn't fit our scheme. I've seen a lot of posters in the draft forum really high on him so might give him a look. Would sure be an interesting pick.

anyone better than howard playing at RT, sign me up
OG_C2X

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my final big bored for #24 is:
Cam Robinson
Jarrad Davis
Jabrill Peppers
Kevin King
Zach Cunningham

Players I wouldn't touch at 24
Reddick
McDowell
Obi
Conley
Darbsk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddevil wrote:

Thanks Reddevil!

If you haven't seen Watt then I suggest at least looking up a game or two of his - at first I was a bit put off by the name and trying to not let that influence my perceptions. He's not elite athletically, and is more rangy than explosive at this point but he's strong at the PoA, playes with attitude, violent hands, good tackler and just has a non stop motor. I think he's perfectly suited to our scheme at 5-2 end or 3-4 OLB and though he'll probably be compared with Ryan Kerrigan he has room to grow a little, will be strong against the run and decent as a pass rusher without being an athletic phenom or the freak that Mack is, he wins by determination, effort and aggression rather than simply blowing by tackles.

I was primarily thinking of Robinson as a mauler at RT that may be could polish out his flaws and develop into a LT in future.

This year is much harder to judge as we simply don't know if someone will fall or is a team will reach........ exciting and nervous times Smile
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Updated****

My final BB. Funny I like all those corners and LB's for different reasons.

1. Malik McDowell DT
2. Haasan Reddick LB
3. Jarrad Davis LB
4. Chidobe Awuzie CB
5. Quincy Wilson CB
6. Marlon Humphrey CB/S
7. Tyus Bowser DE/OLB
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jarrad Davis
2. Cam Robinson
3. Kevin King
4. Tre'Davious White
5. Marlon Humphrey
6. Obi Melifonwu
7. Jabrill Peppers
8. Tyus Bowser
9. Zach Cunningham
10. Chidobe Awuzie
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Updated****

My final BB. Funny I like all those corners and LB's for different reasons. I would consider 4-7 fairly interchangeable.

1. Malik McDowell DT
2. Haasan Reddick LB
3. Jarrad Davis LB
4. Chidobe Awuzie CB
5. Quincy Wilson CB
6. Marlon Humphrey CB/S
7. Tyus Bowser DE/OLB
jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Updated****

My final BB. Funny I like all those corners and LB's for different reasons. I would consider 4-7 fairly interchangeable.

1. Malik McDowell DT
2. Haasan Reddick LB
3. Jarrad Davis LB
4. Chidobe Awuzie CB
5. Quincy Wilson CB
6. Marlon Humphrey CB/S
7. Tyus Bowser DE/OLB

do you honestly think reggie will draft another DT after drafting DE/DT in 2nd round last 2 years? pass on mcdowell, remind me of robert nkemdiche
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Updated****

1. Malik McDowell DT
2. Haasan Reddick LB
3. Jarrad Davis LB
4. Chidobe Awuzie CB
5. Quincy Wilson CB
6. Marlon Humphrey CB/S
7. Tyus Bowser DE/OLB

do you honestly think reggie will draft another DT after drafting DE/DT in 2nd round last 2 years? pass on mcdowell, remind me of robert nkemdiche

That is such a cliché lazy comparison

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Updated****

1. Malik McDowell DT
2. Haasan Reddick LB
3. Jarrad Davis LB
4. Chidobe Awuzie CB
5. Quincy Wilson CB
6. Marlon Humphrey CB/S
7. Tyus Bowser DE/OLB

That is such a cliché lazy comparison

i actually like nkemdiche better than mcdowell, too bad we couldn't get rankins last year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: