Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Discussion [OFFENSE]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHO DO WE TARGET?
RB then a developmental WR/TE
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
RB then a college OT to kick inside to OG
36%
 36%  [ 13 ]
Pass catcher (WR/TE) then RB
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Interior OL then RB
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
QB-RB and trade Rodgers for a couple of picks and a ham sandwich [HorizontoZenith school of thought]
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Doesn't matter--defense needs the love and attention of the Front Office
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 36

Author Message
duxrule


Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 3210
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:
Give me Perine over Mixon all day, twice on Sundays.


Like because of character or as a football player?
Has to be character, because when you watch these two Mixon is the far more talented player.


Just read today that Mixon also had an incident with a parking officer where he shredded a ticket, threw it at her and then edged his car up next to her "ala Randy Moss??) so he apparently has a temper.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/04/19/mcginn-nfl-draft-rb-teams-weigh-risk-mixon/100605766/

I'm in the "trade back and draft Kamara" camp.
_________________
I'd rather be goose hunting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2337
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
I don't think Perine's game will translate all that well to the NFL, where he's playing against grown [inappropriate/removed] men. He's a situational rusher, a good goal line back, and a bruiser to change the pace. I don't see him as anything more.


I think you're underrating Perine.

He's not Lacy, but I don't think he's that far off from Michael Turner. He might not be a feature back, but he would complement Monty very nicely IMHO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 4798
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have trouble with offensive guys from the Big 12, since it's been a while since anybody in that conference has played defense. At least with Pac-12 guys we can look at the Stanford or Washington tape.

I sort of have the feeling that both Perrine and Foreman are going to end up being less athletic versions of Alex Green in the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11746
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I have trouble with offensive guys from the Big 12, since it's been a while since anybody in that conference has played defense. At least with Pac-12 guys we can look at the Stanford or Washington tape.

I sort of have the feeling that both Perrine and Foreman are going to end up being less athletic versions of Alex Green in the NFL.


Yeesh. I see absolutely none of Perine or Foreman in Alex Green.

Green was a spread back, not a power back with physicality. Perine/Foreman seem to be your classic pounders, but Foreman has better feet.
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17890
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
I have trouble with offensive guys from the Big 12, since it's been a while since anybody in that conference has played defense. At least with Pac-12 guys we can look at the Stanford or Washington tape.

I sort of have the feeling that both Perrine and Foreman are going to end up being less athletic versions of Alex Green in the NFL.


Yeesh. I see absolutely none of Perine or Foreman in Alex Green.

Green was a spread back, not a power back with physicality. Perine/Foreman seem to be your classic pounders, but Foreman has better feet.


I have concerns with Foremans vision fwiw. That's a similarity maybe?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 4798
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Yeesh. I see absolutely none of Perine or Foreman in Alex Green.

Green was a spread back, not a power back with physicality. Perine/Foreman seem to be your classic pounders, but Foreman has better feet.


It might not be as extreme as Hawai'i but Oklahoma and Texas are both spread teams, and both those guys saw some pretty gargantuan holes (though certainly not as wide as the ones Green saw.) It's just a hard projection since there's nothing approaching a credible defense in that entire conference.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11746
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Yeesh. I see absolutely none of Perine or Foreman in Alex Green.

Green was a spread back, not a power back with physicality. Perine/Foreman seem to be your classic pounders, but Foreman has better feet.


It might not be as extreme as Hawai'i but Oklahoma and Texas are both spread teams, and both those guys saw some pretty gargantuan holes (though certainly not as wide as the ones Green saw.) It's just a hard projection since there's nothing approaching a credible defense in that entire conference.


That makes much more sense. You're right. Foreman had some gaping holes, very similar to Hawaii.
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dubz41


Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 21
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreman is a fumbler and doesn't run with the toughness someone his size should run with.
Perine is a pretty solid, if unspectacular, RB. He would be our 4-minute offense kind of back. Pounder, gains yards after contact. Nice balance to Monty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4886
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
I don't think Perine's game will translate all that well to the NFL, where he's playing against grown [inappropriate/removed] men. He's a situational rusher, a good goal line back, and a bruiser to change the pace. I don't see him as anything more.


Perine won't be able to dominate in the NFL like he did in college I agree. But he's just as much a grown [inappropriate/removed] man as anyone. The NFL will always have room for 5'11, 230lb running backs who want to put you in the dirt. He just runs with so much determination, so much effort to get every last inch out of every play. That kind of game translates.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4886
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubz41 wrote:
Foreman is a fumbler and doesn't run with the toughness someone his size should run with.
Perine is a pretty solid, if unspectacular, RB. He would be our 4-minute offense kind of back. Pounder, gains yards after contact. Nice balance to Monty.


This is my issue with Foreman. So often he tries to run like a finesse back. He doesn't consistently use his size and power to his advantage. Plus the fumbles.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2337
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*UPDATED* 22 Visits have been reported.

OL

Kofi Amichia
Levon Myers
Jonah Pirsig
Geoff Gray

ILB

Jordan Evans
Jermaine Grace
Eric Wilson

OLB

Jonathan Calvin
Samson Ebukam
Ryan Watson
Keion Adams

CB

D.J. Killings

RB

Devante Mays
Tarik Cohen
Joe Mixon

WR

Robert Wheelwright
DeAngelo Yancey

DL

Eli Ankou

TE

Aaron Peck
Jacob Hollister

QB

P.J. Walker
Garrett Fugate


Last edited by Cadmus on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 14349
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do we think of Cohen being on this list?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49244
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
What do we think of Cohen being on this list?


I wouldn't really make anything of it. Maybe he gets a nod as an UDFA, but nothing there that is going to force Ted to invest a pick into him.
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Chili


Joined: 13 May 2014
Posts: 619
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus, for your visit list:

Quote:
Barrett Anderson‏ @The_BarrettA

Barrett Anderson Retweeted The Cetureon

To clarify, @Drew_Bauer9 told @CBS3Duluth he did NOT visit GB to meet w/ Packers like this article says. The team was present at his pro day

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2337
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chili wrote:
Cadmus, for your visit list:

Quote:
Barrett Anderson‏ @The_BarrettA

Barrett Anderson Retweeted The Cetureon

To clarify, @Drew_Bauer9 told @CBS3Duluth he did NOT visit GB to meet w/ Packers like this article says. The team was present at his pro day


Yeah, I saw that.

Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 36 of 46

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group