You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016/2017 Champions League - Play-off round starts today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Buc Ball


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 3721
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
roysmyboy31 wrote:
What a gutting loss. I believed that our side could come back in this time and they did well to force ET. We were edged out unfortunately in a very competitive tie. The 2nd yellow to Vidal was completely wrong and certainly changed the complexion of this game, but Real earned the win over the 2 legs. Neuer was brilliant and I thought our CBs had a good day in the back repelling numerous Madrid attacks. Ref had an awful game.

I am still proud of our side, but we need more speed in the central midfield. There was lot of space in the middle when Real counterattacked.
Definitely would leave a poor taste in my mouth but I think, like you said, you can hold your head up after that performance. Can't help but think what could have happened if you had been healthy in the first leg.

I guess I'm pulling for Atletico and, to a lesser extent, Juventus now.

Edit: Oh or whoever wins the Dortmund v Monaco tie.

Pretty much.

Atletico would be a nice change up, as would the winner of Dortmund/Monaco.

Meh to the rest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
roysmyboy31 wrote:
What a gutting loss. I believed that our side could come back in this time and they did well to force ET. We were edged out unfortunately in a very competitive tie. The 2nd yellow to Vidal was completely wrong and certainly changed the complexion of this game, but Real earned the win over the 2 legs. Neuer was brilliant and I thought our CBs had a good day in the back repelling numerous Madrid attacks. Ref had an awful game.

I am still proud of our side, but we need more speed in the central midfield. There was lot of space in the middle when Real counterattacked.
Definitely would leave a poor taste in my mouth but I think, like you said, you can hold your head up after that performance. Can't help but think what could have happened if you had been healthy in the first leg.

I guess I'm pulling for Atletico and, to a lesser extent, Juventus now.

Edit: Oh or whoever wins the Dortmund v Monaco tie.

Pretty much.

Atletico would be a nice change up, as would the winner of Dortmund/Monaco.

Meh to the rest.
Yup. If Real Madrid win another CL I might actually vomit, there is nothing interesting about that. At all.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 35148
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
UEFA Madrid amirite?

You've sure seemed to forget the R16 tie for your own club fairly quickly/conveniently, haven't you?
_________________

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 22849
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
roysmyboy31 wrote:
What a gutting loss. I believed that our side could come back in this time and they did well to force ET. We were edged out unfortunately in a very competitive tie. The 2nd yellow to Vidal was completely wrong and certainly changed the complexion of this game, but Real earned the win over the 2 legs. Neuer was brilliant and I thought our CBs had a good day in the back repelling numerous Madrid attacks. Ref had an awful game.

I am still proud of our side, but we need more speed in the central midfield. There was lot of space in the middle when Real counterattacked.
Definitely would leave a poor taste in my mouth but I think, like you said, you can hold your head up after that performance. Can't help but think what could have happened if you had been healthy in the first leg.

I guess I'm pulling for Atletico and, to a lesser extent, Juventus now.

Edit: Oh or whoever wins the Dortmund v Monaco tie.

Pretty much.

Atletico would be a nice change up, as would the winner of Dortmund/Monaco.

Meh to the rest.
Yup. If Real Madrid win another CL I might actually vomit, there is nothing interesting about that. At all.


That's why it's Juve or Monaco all the way for me.
_________________


Be Humble. Sit Down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buc Ball


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 3721
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football could do with a Monaco v Juve final.

Does anyone really want another Real v Atletico final?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 22849
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
Football could do with a Monaco v Juve final.

Does anyone really want another Real v Atletico final?


Absolutely not.

I hope we get Atleti Real Semis so that we don't get both inn the final
_________________


Be Humble. Sit Down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 35148
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
Football could do with a Monaco v Juve final.

Does anyone really want another Real v Atletico final?


Absolutely not.

I hope we get Atleti Real Semis so that we don't get both inn the final

I highly doubt we get that semi though. The only reason I can think that we might is if UEFA is trying to protect Real from having to go through the hottest club in the tournament right now (Monaco) or the side that's given up less than 5 (honestly, isn't it only actually 2?) goals all tournament.

I'm actually pulling for Juve at this point, largely because it drops a steamer on UEFA's insistence on branding offense, offense, offense, often at the expense of truly great defenses actually getting any kind of deserving accolade.
_________________

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheChancellor


Joined: 13 Feb 2017
Posts: 216
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm absolutely in love with Monaco. I hope the boys put another great performance in the semis, and Ligue 1 is also theirs for the taking. A truly wonderful team mixed with young talent and experience.
_________________

Quote:
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 23042
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
UEFA Madrid amirite?

You've sure seemed to forget the R16 tie for your own club fairly quickly/conveniently, haven't you?


I'd have thought it pretty clear that that wasn't a serious post...
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canadian Saint


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 3425
Location: Canada!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madrid derby and Juve vs. Monaco in the Semis. Perfect results imo.

I think Atleti have a solid shot at beat Madrid over 2 legs, allowing Cholo to fix any problems faced in the first leg. We also don't get another all Spanish final which is great for neutral's like me.

Juve vs. Monaco should be great. One of the best defenses in the world vs. one of the best young offenses in the world. Should be a real test for Monaco to see if they can break down Juve.
_________________



NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Madrid derby and Juve vs. Monaco in the Semis. Perfect results imo.

I think Atleti have a solid shot at beat Madrid over 2 legs, allowing Cholo to fix any problems faced in the first leg. We also don't get another all Spanish final which is great for neutral's like me.

Juve vs. Monaco should be great. One of the best defenses in the world vs. one of the best young offenses in the world. Should be a real test for Monaco to see if they can break down Juve.
Best possible draw. God I hope that Atletico win.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 49010
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope its a Monaco/Atleti final. Monaco being a fresh face, and for Atleti, can't go against Cholo
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roysmyboy31


Moderator
Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 25975
Location: NY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Atleti win, though I am fine with anyone but Real Madrid winning.
_________________
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAF: Notre Dame Fighting Irish
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
viks4life


Joined: 03 Aug 2013
Posts: 5211
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronaldo was offside on the first cross. Laughing

This is just unbelievable.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buc Ball


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 3721
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viks4life wrote:
Ronaldo was offside on the first cross. Laughing

This is just unbelievable.

I suppose there's an argument that he wasn't active, but i don't know how you can't be influencing the defender when a cross is coming in and you're in the middle of the box.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group