Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints 2017 Schedule announced

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Saints 2017 Schedule announced Reply with quote

So we get the 2017 Schedule, and open the season with a Monday night game in Minneapolis (I'll be there!!).

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/Saints-2017-Schedule-Announced/ae034317-e6f1-4857-910c-bf8fda15cdad

The schedule looks pretty decent, with a mediocre NFC North, a so-so AFC East (minus the Patriots, they're really good, from what I hear), and a few recently weak teams (Washington, Buffalo, and LA Rams).

Just a few slight defensive improvements tell me we're smelling just okay.

A good start is needed as we hit the road for 3 out of 4 games following the bye week. That could be tough, fortunately, the Bears are not good, but the Lions, Packers, and Panthers..... that's another story.

I think we're looking at 8-8, and sitting 3rd in the NFC South. I think it will look like Atlanta, Carolina, NOLA, Tampa.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy schedule feels good. Well compared to last year it's easy, not by an overall standard. I see 3-5 or 4-4 on the road from that schedule (brutal road schedule) and 6-2 or 7-1 at home because it's much easier in comparison. Which kinda sucks cause I'd rather face the tough teams with HFA and go on the road for the weaker ones. I see 9-7 to 11-5 from that schedule.

Though it's the Saints we're talking about so 7-9.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
NS922

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a pretty fun schedule. More interesting matchups than last year.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win - Sept. 11 at Minnesota Vikings 6:10PM ESPN
Loss - Sept. 17 vs. New England Patriots Noon CBS
Win - Sept. 24 at Carolina Panthers Noon FOX
Win - Oct. 1 at Miami Dolphins (London) 8:30AM FOX
BYE
Loss - Oct. 15 vs. Detroit Lions Noon FOX
Loss - Oct. 22 at Green Bay Packers Noon FOX
Win - Oct. 29 vs. Chicago Bears Noon FOX
Win - Nov. 5 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Noon FOX
Win - Nov. 12 at Buffalo Bills Noon FOX
Loss - Nov. 19 vs. Washington Redskins Noon FOX
Win - Nov. 26 at Los Angeles Rams 3:05PM FOX
Loss - Dec. 3 vs. Carolina Panthers Noon FOX
Loss - Dec. 7 at Atlanta Falcons 7:25PM NBC/NFLN/Amazon
Win - Dec. 17 vs. New York Jets Noon CBS
Loss - Dec. 24 vs. Atlanta Falcons Noon FOX
Win - Dec. 31 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Noon FOX

I guess maybe 9-7.
It depends on what NFC South we get this year, the good one, or weird one. Carolina could easily go off and win 12 games again, same with Atlanta. I don't think Tampa will be too good, but they're improving. All depends on how much Winston has matured.

Our opening game at Vikings is anyone's guess. Bradford now has a full offseason of work with his core, and we know their defense is stout. Home opener, Monday night... this is a tough game.

Then the London game. Who knows. Miami is like the Saints. Which team are you going to get this week? I've got it as a Win, but a loss wouldn't surprise me in the least.

The schedule after the Bye is rough. Chicago is the only team I feel confident that we should actually destroy. They are an absolute mess. Detroit and Green Bay, well, we know what they can do. How good will our defense be in shutting down 2 marque QBs in back-to-back weeks?

Washington at home - These guys are getting better, and have some continuity for a change. Not a gimme by any means, and I think they beat us after a cooler road trip to Buffalo (or Canada, wherever they play now... who cares).

The last 5 games have 4 divisional games, 2 against Atlanta, and one of them is Prime Time at their house. Ugh. If Atlanta plays the season pissed, they'll whoop us, twice. 3 games against Super Bowl teams the last 2 years, both with really good defenses. Tall task.

So I get 8-8 or 9-7 when I see it on paper. Let's see how the draft goes and then I'll formulate (maybe) a new opinion.

I'd love to be wrong, just like I have been the last 3 years when I've said 10-6 or 12-4 and we end up 7-9, 7-9, 7-9........... Brick wall
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta's not sweeping us 2 years in a row. Payton and Brees won't allow it. Laughing

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Atlanta's not sweeping us 2 years in a row. Payton and Brees won't allow it. Laughing
I love your spirit.
If Atlanta plays like they did last season, and we play like we did last season, I don't think Payton and Brees will be the dictators of the outcome. Crying or Very sad
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
I love your spirit.
If Atlanta plays like they did last season, and we play like we did last season, I don't think Payton and Brees will be the dictators of the outcome. Crying or Very sad

I doubt they will, they're not recovering from that SB loss right away. And it's hard to have a historically good offense two years in a row.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I doubt they will, they're not recovering from that SB loss right away. And it's hard to have a historically good offense two years in a row.
I wish it were that hard to have a historically bad defense 2 years in a row. We'd be golden!
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
I wish it were that hard to have a historically bad defense 2 years in a row. We'd be golden!

Sad

Easier to be bad than good unfortunately. Damn you NFL statistics.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: