Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
VanS wrote:
Counselor wrote:
VanS wrote:
Todd McShay now says Josh Dobbs could "sneak" into the 1st round. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/todd-mcshay-believes-joshua-dobbs-drafted-first-round/

Cool

Enough is enough. You created a Dobbs thread post this there... oh wait you did and still posted it here. You invaded the Browns forum with your Dobbulation. Please man keep it in the Dobbs thread. I don't want to keep reading about your Love affair with Dobbs in other threads. Keep it in the Dobbs thread so if I want to see where you are taking Dobbs on your next date I can go into that thread and find out. Thanks.

Laughing Let me enjoy myself a little bit. I was the first person to suggest a few months ago that Josh Dobbs could be a good franchise QB in the NFL and I was laughed at.

Just wanted to enjoy myself a little right now.

You are aware that the round he is picked in has no relevance to your assertion. Unless you think Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell are all-pros

True. At the time I said it I didn't think he would garner this much hype. And you're right it doesn't mean he'll be a great NFL player. But it does at least support my opinion a little more if he goes in the top 40 picks (which looks possible now) versus being drafted in the 6th-7th round (which looked to be the case a few months ago).

This lets me know that what I saw in this kid was no mirage and that other talent evaluators in the NFL are seeing what I'm seeing.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at the point of writing Lance Zierlein a check to Tweet a rumor of Josh Dobbs moving into the top 10 just to see what happens here. I wonder what his price is.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mitchell Trubisky - QB - Tar Heels
Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson has heard from "adamant" evaluators over the last week that the Browns, 49ers, Bears and Bills are targeting UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky.
These are all usual suspects when it comes to Trubisky. Breaking them down, we would be surprised to see Trubisky at No. 1 to Cleveland, but No. 2 to the 49ers wouldn't completely shock -- though San Francisco is reportedly looking to trade down from No. 2. There has been less talk of Trubisky to the Bears and considerably more about Deshaun Watson to the Bills. Expect to hear plenty more adamant evaluators over the next week. Then, showtime.

game3525

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Sigmund Bloom's podcast, Galko has said the Chargers really like Forrest Lamp....maybe not at seven, but if they were to trade down.
Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
On Sigmund Bloom's podcast, Galko has said the Chargers really like Forrest Lamp....maybe not at seven, but if they were to trade down.

Honestly, I wouldn't hate on the Chargers if they took him at 7 and mocked it a few times in early iterations of my mock experiment. He's a tremendous prospect.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
I'm at the point of writing Lance Zierlein a check to Tweet a rumor of Josh Dobbs moving into the top 10 just to see what happens here. I wonder what his price is.

Todd McShay would be cheaper. Could probably get him to do it for free if you pretend you're a NFL scout. It would have the same effect here as Zierlein saying it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realised something. How the heck does Tony Pauline earn his money?

He isn't a scout for an NFL team, his own website has no adverts on them. He also tweets alot.

I'm guessing he makes money writing articles and going on radio shows? but enough to travel to pro days as well as basic costs of living for him and his family?

I've always wondered how he manages to make his entire draftnik business financially viable. Laughing
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
Counselor wrote:
VanS wrote:
Todd McShay now says Josh Dobbs could "sneak" into the 1st round. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/todd-mcshay-believes-joshua-dobbs-drafted-first-round/

Cool

Enough is enough. You created a Dobbs thread post this there... oh wait you did and still posted it here. You invaded the Browns forum with your Dobbulation. Please man keep it in the Dobbs thread. I don't want to keep reading about your Love affair with Dobbs in other threads. Keep it in the Dobbs thread so if I want to see where you are taking Dobbs on your next date I can go into that thread and find out. Thanks.

Laughing Let me enjoy myself a little bit. I was the first person to suggest a few months ago that Josh Dobbs could be a good franchise QB in the NFL and I was laughed at.

Just wanted to enjoy myself a little right now.

I'm starting to think you ARE Josh Dobbs.

If so, you've got bigger things to worry about. Such as your knee wobble.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
BowlesDawgDX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

Nah, he's Butch Jones
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlesDawgDX wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Nah, he's Butch Jones

Nah, he'd have mentioned the championship of life or some crap like that.

Seriously, we're awesome. We all may or may not have mild-at-best psychological issues, but we are damn fun.
game3525

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
game3525 wrote:

Honestly, I wouldn't hate on the Chargers if they took him at 7 and mocked it a few times in early iterations of my mock experiment. He's a tremendous prospect.

Yeah, I am normally against taking o-line with a top ten pick. But after watching DJ Fluker and Orlando Franklin whiff on stunts the last two years, I can't really blame the Chargers for taking Lamp, who is a potential pro-bowl caliber player in year one.
Crickett

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:

Ehh, it could happen even at #7. We heard the Redskins liked Brandon Scherff in 2015, but none of us thought they were going to take him at #5 and then they did.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
game3525 wrote:

Ehh, it could happen even at #7. We heard the Redskins liked Brandon Scherff in 2015, but none of us thought they were going to take him at #5 and then they did.

True.

I am just quoting what he said.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
Crickett wrote:
game3525 wrote:

True.

I am just quoting what he said.

Telesco really improved his draft game last year. 2013 he only got Keenan Allen. 2014 was a disaster outside of Verrett. 2015 was good with Gordon/Perryman, but the 4th round trade to move up 2 spots was really unnecessary, he got spooked.

Last year's draft, though, was a thing of beauty. Watt was clearly the anti-CW choice, even though LAC used a hybrid scheme with a lot of 4-3 elements, but he was locked in. Henry, Tuerk, Brown and Watt all look like 2017 lock starters. That's an impressive haul to have 5 starters in Year 2 (and you could argue all except Tuerk were clearly best at their position by mid-2016). And both Clark and Perry might get more PT this year.

I raise the above because if there's a team who might go against the grain this year, Telesco seems like a fit. Everyone told them Watt was a bad fit, he ignored the CW. You could see that with Lamp.

Which, as a Bronco fan, is tough on us, but full credit where it's due. I will be looking out to see if LAC breaks the mold at pick 7.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
game3525 wrote:

Scherff was a better prospect though. Also, we selected him to be the RT and didn't move him to guard until we saw that Morgan Moses had developed into a very good RT after his first season on the bench.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 23 of 78

Jump to: