You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official New York Rangers thread v 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made that way harder than it should, but we finally won at home again. Had been 8 straight and the last time we had won before that at MSG was on Feb. 19. Hank made a huge save on Giroux at the end to preserve the lead because that puck was fired towards the far corner.

If you ignore those sloppy final minutes, the Rangers were pretty solid defensively for most of the game. Stepan's line excellent again, in particular Zucc with 3 assists.
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardly a great way to go into the playoffs. Don't love resting so many players for multiple games. We're not good enough for that IMO and we should be trying to stay sharp. Lundqvist looked like he was by himself today.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strong opening win in the series. 4th line was easily the best line tonight and Tanner Glass of all people probably played better than any of our other skaters. Responded well after being jumped in the first. Lots of physical play in this one, much more than we or Montreal normally play with.

There were times where we hemmed in our zone a lot. Not sure how well our defense can hold up. If they can, we should win the series, but that is a big if. Overall, they were good tonight.

Henrik was awesome. 1st star.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Brendan Smith was the 2nd best Ranger behind Hank. The whole defense minus some plays by Holden were excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I thought Brendan Smith was the 2nd best Ranger behind Hank. The whole defense minus some plays by Holden were excellent.

He and Skjei were excellent together. Yet they get less ice time than any other defensemen we have and that happened in the regular season as well. AV's minutes distributions on defense confuse me sometimes.

Girardi turned back the clock a little tonight with a performance reminiscent of 2-3 years ago. Not sure I can count on that. He'll get his time since he is McD's partner.

One thing we do need to improve on is generating more offense from our top lines. It's fine for one game, but we can't be winning every game 1 or 2-0 and have our 4th line be the most impactful one out there.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible loss to take. These kind of losses can change the entire series. We had Montreal on the verge of being down 2-0 and taking both in their building, which means something considering we are poor at home. The 3rd period and most of OT were embarrassing for us, Henrik kept us in it for as long as possible.

AV should be embarrassed for having Staal and Holden out there late when the Habs were gunning for the tying goal. And of course it was Holden who screwed up. Skjei and Smith have done well together, McD is McD, and Girardi is actually playing a solid series and we have those two dopes out there. Absurd loyalty to veterans over better options is an AC staple and it annoys the hell out of me. I'm not a big AV fan.

This is so deflating.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a listless performance at home. Not at all unexpected sadly. This team really isn't much different than last year. That's why losing in Game 2 was such a killer blow to me.

We've lost our last 6 playoff home games by a combined score of 21-3. MSG is not a place opponents fear playing in and that has to change.

Don't think it will happen realistically, but a miracle comeback aside, I'm done with AV and would have no problem showing him the door.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIKA!! What a win. We completely deserved that based on our dominance in OT.

The Rangers have certainly exceeded my own expectations of them. I thought the back end would be the death of them, but they have been really solid outside of some Staal-Holden adventures. Girardi looks better than he has looked at any point in the last 2 years. It also helps when you have Henrik Lundqvist back there playing like himself.

And Nash has been a beast this series. Strong play from Buch and the 4th line as well.
TheChad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see a win like that in OT after looking lost for large sections of regulation time. The defense was stifling late and we just kept the pressure on until we broke through.

I'd feel a lot more confident if Kreider and Miller did... something. I'll take wins however they come though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangers agree to terms with D Alexei Bereglazov

Rangers agreed to terms with 23 year old D Alexei Bereglazov, who currently plays in the KHL. Will not officially sign with us until his KHL contract expires in a few weeks, but it is done. I think he is a strong defensive prospect and we can use some defensemen in our pipeline, so I'm all for it. Has played well for his KHL team.

He's a big guy at 6'4 205 lbs. More known for his defensive play. He can play physical, has great awareness in the defensive zone, and a long reach. Not the fleetest skater, but does bring a nice shot from the blueline. His KHL team uses him on the PP for his shot.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy to be wrong about this series. Hank was fantastic. Our top 2 pairings did their job all season. I'd love to re-sign Brendan Smith, skilled player with snarl and physicality in his game. Don't want to see much of Staal or Holden going forward.

Nash had the best series among our forwards. Zucc was solid and came up big tonight. 4th line was good all series and I thought Zibanejad was decent. If we can get anything more out of Miller, Stepan, or Kreider going forward, that would be great.

Onto the next round.
TheChad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that's a tough loss to take. Wasting a performance like that from Lundqvist. You can't expect him to play like that every game.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable that we lost this game. Just like Game 2 against Montreal. We should have won this one, but we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Such a shame because we are down 0-2 despite both games being very winnable. AV is such an idiot with the way he distributes ice time. Buch and Lindberg only get 5 minutes total. And he somehow thinks Staal and Holden are a shutdown pairing while Skjei (who was brilliant again) and Brendan Smith get the least ice time of any pairing by far. So sick of him.

Our whole defense besides Skjei, Smith (who I really want to re-sign), and McD are trash personified. We desperately need to overhaul this unit. It is just as big a problem this year as it was last year. Trade Holden away for anything. Buy out one of Staal/Girardi (realistically, we can't afford to buy out both financially).

Series isn't in dire straits until we lose at home, but given our home form most of the year, not confident right now. At least the Cowboys had a great draft.
TheChad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a disaster.

Game 1 we waste an outstanding performance by Lundqvist, and now when Kreider and Stepan finally come alive, we still lose. We lose a game where we score 5 goals. In about 6 minutes we went from being in good shape for the series to being totally screwed.

Staal and Holden both -2. I couldn't believe how much I saw Holden out there.

We're not good enough at home for me to give us a chance now. We're done. Clean up the defense before Lundqvist regreses for good and we become bottom feeders.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were in the zone from the start tonight. They understood the meaning of this game and the urgency we needed showed up. Staal and Holden got the least ice time of all defensemen. Zucc, Zibanejad, and Nash all looked great in particular.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 58 of 61

Jump to: