Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4th Draft Season: LA Bull
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Techbert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports swirl that the Bull are discussing a 24/4 contract with ss Barry Church.

Discussions are also reportedly ongoing with s Tony Jefferson.

"One other player," said a source close to the issue. "Maybe."
Techbert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day One of League Calendar Year Bull Summary:

1. Formalized the trade of 7-230 and receiving te Julius Thomas Mia.

2. Formalized the trade of 7(18) and receiving ot Branden Albert Jax.

3. Signed s Barry Church Jax for $26MM/4yrs.

4. Signed de Jack Crawford Atl for $10.3MM/3yrs.

5. Traded away 4-132 and received qb Brock Osweiler Cle, 6-188, and 2(18)-Hou.

6. After failing to sign s Tony Jefferson, the team has turned its attention to s Aaron Williams, formerly of Buf.

7. c/og Marcus Martin (SF to Cle) was NOT waived by the Bull.
Techbert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 2:

Signed wr Terrelle Pryor Wash for $9.6MM/1 year. This must include incentives, since the cap hit will be $7.2MM.
Techbert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current salary against cap: $147,606,176
Total salary cap: $167,000,000
Available: $19,393,824

Above numbers include Osweiler and dead money of $3,300,785. Rookie pool is not included. There are also RFA's to sign, but they will not impact the salary cap situation noticeably.

Top 51:
Brock Osweiler qb Cle $16,000,000
Sean Smith cb Oak $9,500,000
Branden Albert ot Jax $8,900,000
Danny Trevathan ilb Chi $7,535,000
Terrelle Pryor wr Wash $7,200,000
Travis Benjamin wr LAC $7,150,000
Julius Thomas te Mia $7,100,000
Greg Robinson ot LAR $6,772,213
Barry Church ss Jax $8,000,000
Ladarius Green te Pit $6,187,500
Carson Wentz qb Phi $6,062,804
Derrick Shelby de Atl $5,950,000
Tyvon Branch s Az $5,862,500
Leonard Williams dt NYJ $5,081,046
Isaiah Crowell rb Cle $2,746,000
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif og KC $2,723,575
Ron Brooks cb Phi $2,520,000
Jack Crawford de Atl $2,083,333
Aaron Colvin cb Jax $1,910,288
James Hurst ot Bal $1,797,000
Marcus Martin og Cle $1,797,000
Allen Robinson wr Jax $1,117,095
Mackensie Alexander cb Min $980,978
Phillip Gaines cb KC $855,778
Owamagbe Odighizuwa de NYG $845,125
Shilique Calhoun lb/de Oak $787,533
Carl Davis dt Bal $787,021
Isaac Seumalo dt Phi $764,966
Josh Huff wr TB $755,000
Bryce Petty qb NYJ $753,424
TJ Clemmings ot Min $746,239
Pierre Desir cb Sea $727,500
Jay Prosch fb Hou $709,670
Max Bullough ilb Hou $690,000
DeVondre Campbell olb Atl $681,382
Grady Jarrett dt Atl $676,963
Ben Heeney ilb Oak $675,681
Adrian Amos fs Chi $673,070
Brett Hundley qb GB $670,908
Kyle Emanuel olb LAC $669,643
Derron Smith ss Cin $644,658
Leterrius Walton de Pit $644,232
Kenneth Dixon rb Bal $635,848
La'el Collins og Dal $623,750
Greg Mancz c Hou $617,000
Quinton Spain og Ten $617,000
Zach Zenner rb Det $616,668
Chris Boswell k Pit $615,000
Anthony Chickillo de Pit $615,000
Obum Gwacham de NO $615,000
Mike Hull ilb Mia $615,000
Isaiah Johnson fs LAR $615,000

DEAD:
Ben Watson te Bal $1,000,000
Mario Williams de Mia $2,000,000
Eric Striker lb Buf $6,667
Robert Kugler og Buf $1,667
Justin Zimmer dt Buf $1,667
Tom Hackett p NYJ $3,334
Victor Ochi lb Bal $4,000
Jordan Zumwalt lb Pit $26,213
Nick Marshall cb Jax $1,668
Terrance Smith lb KC $10,000
James Cowser lb Oak $3,334
Andy Jones wr Dal $10,000
Jake Brendel c Dal $3,334
Aziz Sh-ittu dt Phi $3,334
Moritz Boehringer wr Min $112,815
Jack Allen c NO $3,667
Kenny Bell wr TB $102,418
Devon Cajuste te SF $6,667

Last edited by Techbert on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Techbert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly On The Wall Part I: Inside the LA Bull.

The LA Bull recently held a set of closed-door meetings of management, coaching, and scouting to assess the state of their team in advance of the 2017 Player Selection Meeting. These are actual recordings....

{Radio playing the Frick and Frack Morning show on KJRK.}
"Last year I had Techbert in that very chair..."
"And it still smells."
"No, it doesn't. He was in that very chair, and I said, 'TB, my man. Two words. Dak Prescott. Ignore the temptation to draft one of the big name quarterbacks. You can grab Dak in the middle rounds. And ignore running backs. You have enough running backs. You know why?'"
"Ignorance is Bull?"
"It is, but I told Techbert, 'Because defense wins championships.'"
{Sound of radio clicking off.}

(TB) Thanks for coming, everyone. We are mostly done with free agency and trading. We still need to resolve the Osweiler issue, and we are trying to get a visit from one more defensive end. Today we will discuss what we have on the team, what we need, who we will have to lose, and what we are thinking of doing in the draft. Understand we are in great shape with the salary cap, and all decisions on our 2017 53-man roster will be based on football, and not dollar signs. That's a rare luxury.
Let's start with the OL, and then go TE, RB, FB, WR, and QB.
"Thanks, boss. At center we have Mancz and Seumalo. Tough kids. We're good with either one."
"Do you trust Isaac to take over the pivot?"
"Yes. I think I do. We also still have Martin, and the kids Allen and Brendel."
(TB) Martin's had three years. Is the light switch going to suddenly flip?
"Not likely. I wouldn't want to be paying him $1.8 mil."
(TB) And the kids?
"They're good kids but I don't think they have the size."
(TB) Guards?
"Collins, LDT, and Spain. I'm good. Don't really want to change that."
"What if we move Robinson to guard?"
"I don't really want to do that."
"He played og earlier in his career, and it's probably his best position."
"And your point?"
(TB) Tackles?
"Albert at left tackle. Open competition at right. We have Greg Robinson, Clemmings." Hurst is still on the team, but I wouldn't want to pay him $1.8 mil to be a backup."
(TB) Worry about the players. I'll worry about the money.
"Who takes over if Albert is injured? It's been known to happen. You might want Hurst for that."
"We can always move Greg back to left."
"If he's on the team."
"Good question. Can I cut Greg?"
(TB) You can cut anyone you want, at least going up to the 75 and 53 limits. I think in camp this year we need to learn for certain how Clemmings will hold up if he plays on the left side.
"He couldn't last year."
(TB) This is this year. Has he learned anything?
"You got it, boss. You know, Spain is all right at left tackle. I wouldn't leave him out there for half a season, but he can do in a pinch."
(TB) Collins?
"Let me jump in. We've been discussing that. We think he can do it (play at left tackle), but we believe his best position is left guard. We'd like to keep him there if it is at all possible."
"Right."
(TB) Seumalo?
"In a pinch. Not for long."
(TB) LDT?
"He's developing nicely where he is. We think he can be really good if you leave him alone and let him develop."
(TB) The centers?
"No."
(TB) So at camp, we need to learn if Clemmings and Collins can play left tackle, if Robinson and Clemmings and Collins can play right tackle, if Robinson can play guard, and if Martin can play at all.
{Silence}
(TB) Not happy about that. Got it. Do it anyway. There's also a decent chance I get you a Day 3 right tackle in the draft.
"How decent?"
(TB) Decently decent. You like Moton and Dawkins. If one lasts until Day 3, I might pull the trigger. It's a weak year for o-line but I don't think they will go super early, with all the talent to pick at the other positions.
"You think one will last that long?"
(TB) Doubt it. They might. So, with no draft choices, if the 53-man cut was today, who do we keep? Give me 8 names.
"Mancz, Seumalo. Collins. LDT. Spain. Albert."
(TB) That's six.
"I don't know. Greg and TJ. I'd love a rookie I can work with."

(TB) There's a kid named Wheeler we'll go after as an UDFA to stash. He'll give you plenty to work on. Let's keep going, and talk tight ends. What does Julius Thomas give us?
"We think he's finally healthy, and he will let us do things we have not been able to do the last three years. We've been forced by personnel to run mostly 11 and 21 and 10, and the defenses did not have to account for our tight ends. When we were in 12, we ran over 95% of the time. My offense will be very friendly to what Julius can do, and I think we'll get some big numbers out of him."
(TB) There's some blocking deficiencies.
"We'll flank him outside, and he'll take a s or lb with him."
(TB) So we need a good blocker to pair with him when we go 12. That's my point.
"We used Nix in our 12 and 22 sets."
(TB) We will talk about Nix when we talk about fullbacks. Not while discussing tight ends.
"We've got Saxton who can block, and any rookies you give us."
(TB) You have Saxton making the final cut?
"No."
(TB) Ladarius Green? Will he play?
{Silence}
(TB) What do we tell the world?
"Still in protocol. Check back in late March or April. That's the truth."
"Or June."
(TB) Blake Annen?
{Silence}
(TB) Blake Annen?
"Still fast. Still raw. If he sticks it'll be because you can't find any rookies."
(TB) Oh, I will get you rookies. Outside chance of one Day 1. Good chance of Day 2. Good chance on Day 3. You'll get 2 or 3 to play with.
"What kind?"
(TB) I like tight ends who can block and catch. I'm a romantic that way. We're looking Howard, Njoku, Shaheen, Sprinkle, Butt, Kittle, people like that. Keep me informed on Green. He'll affect how many I draft. Okay. Bio break.

Last edited by Techbert on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Techbert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOTW Pt 2:

(TB) Tailbacks.
{Pause}
"F'ing PED's."
"At least it was unintentional."
"Ya know, in all the years they have tested for PED's, not a single athlete has ever intentionally taken a Performance Enhancing Drug. Not a single one!"
"He bounced back awfully quick and strong from his injury."
(TB) Will it happen again? Taking a substance that tests positive for a PED?
"Better not happen to Dixon. From this point on, it's an IQ test, not a drug test. If he tests positive, he fails the IQ threshold for an NFL player."
(TB) But do you trust him this year?
"I'm pretty mad. He threw away four games for nothing. You say you want to compete this year for the playoffs. Does this in any way help?"
(TB) Fresh legs late. He still has content he can watch and learn.
"Boss, that's something a suit would say. This is not a good signal to his teammates. This is not a good indicator to his attention to detail. It also says he wants to pull something over us and the league."
"And it also says you trainers and coaches don't know a {deleted} thing your players are doing... unless you do."
(TB) Enough. Do you trust Kenneth Dixon this year? Weeks 5 through 17 and beyond?
{Pause}
"Yes."
"Yes. Isaiah came out fast for us last year. If he does it again this year, we're good. Put them and the rest of the committee out there, we'll be able to run the ball again this year. If the passing game makes the strides you are telling us it will, our running attack should be dangerous."
(TB) Is anyone likely to matched Isaiah's contract?
"I, uhm, I.... I have not heard of any activity to sign him."
"Would you match or take the two? It definitely affects my planning."
"With Kenneth's suspension, I think we have to match. The fans won't believe we are trying to win if we take the draft pick."
(TB) We don't have to do anything. If we believe the next man up will come through for us, we let him step up.
"So you would take the draft pick?"
(TB) That depends on the contract he is offered, and the rest of this conversation. Everything equal, I want to reward and retain our players, but I refuse to be boxed in, not by an agent and not by another team.
"Okay... Zach Zenner proved to us he can perform on all downs. We can put him in any situation and start him if Kenneth and Isaiah cause problems. I'm not sure he can stay healthy a full year of full-time duty. He's got this weird, hard-nosed running style and I would not trust him as our primary option for a full year. For a specific situation or a specific game, he's grown up and can handle it."
(TB) Lasco?
"I love him!"
"Yeah, he's great on special teams, and you'll have him again this year. I want to see if he can stay healthy and continue to mature, as to how much I use him."
"Fumbles."
"That's part of the maturation with him."
(TB) Part of the committee?
"Maybe. Probably not."
(TB) I would be happy if he makes enough progress to be in the running rotation. Crockett?
"Gone. You didn't tender him, and I don't see a reason to bring him back. Unless everyone and their brother gets injured."
(TB) Keep tabs on him. He's a Bull, and that means something. Ferguson?
"Not in our plans. He can push his way back into them, but he has to show up in camp a lot stronger than last year."
(TB) I can count. You guys want me to draft a running back.
"Or you can let me keep two fullbacks again."
(TB) Don't count on that. Not with functional tight ends on the roster. And don't count on a drafted running back.
"There's a lot of them to chose from this year."
(TB) And I lose a draft pick every time a shiny player or trade pops up. I hate drafting running backs. We have enough needs elsewhere.
"We've heard."
(TB) And you have heard why. Listen. You may get a rookie draft pick. You'll probably get an UDFA or two. You may not get anything. I'd suggest Josh Ferguson gets stronger by the time he reports or I'll wonder why I have the trainers I have. And keep tabs of Crockett.
"Boss, his body is probably done, and his ceiling was never high."
(TB) "Yes, boss. We will keep tabs of John Crockett." Now. Fullback. Prosch or Nix?
"We like both."
(TB) Now you're just baiting me.
"Seriously. We think having both helps our team."
(TB) Seriously. You don't get both unless the League magically raises the roster limit to about 58 overnight. So... Prosch or Nix?
"Let me jump in. We... don't know. They are both very good at what they do. The discussions are still ongoing."
(TB) And you can use either one in our offense?
"We can, with minor modifications to our game plans."
(TB) And you don't need me to draft anyone new at the position?
"Correct."
(TB) So. Cutdown day is tomorrow. Prosch or Nix?
{Pause} "Prosch."
(Multiple voices) "Hey!"
"That's not final."
(TB) Nix does more on special teams, but Prosch does everything we ask. I get it. Kids, there's a chance that we will have Isaiah as our fullback next year, or Zenner. Or Daniel. Not threatening. Just telling you to be flexible in your planning. Now. On to wideouts.
Techbert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(TB) ARob's in a contract year. Is he going to explode, or give us 800 to 1000 yards again?
"He came out of camp last year in beast mode, but all the DC's we faced game planned to take him out, to make someone else beat them. So I think how well he does depends more on how the other players help him than him getting contract year motivation."
(TB) Do we want to re-sign him?
"God, yes."
"Prototypical X receiver."
(TB) So is Pryor.
"We can move Pryor around. Z. Even some Y."
"I want it on record that I opposed the Pryor signing."
(TB) We know, but get it out.
"He's a classic me-first player. He may help us get to the playoffs, but he won't help us win the big game. His production fell off late in the season. Either he doesn't play hard all the time, or opposing cb's figured out how to defeat him. Or both."
"I don't mind a me-first receiver. As you remember I did not want to touch him as a quarterback, but some great wide receivers were me-first. And he was in an awful situation in Cleveland. Miracle he did what he did."
"He can be a distraction to the team, though."
"We can control it."
(TB) One year contract. We needed a bridge player at the position. He should stay motivated. He won't kill our offense, but he might help it. How's Willie?
"Willie's great. He should give us the same production or better. Can play X, Y, or Z."
"Travis."
"Still fast, but I always thought he should give us more than he does."
(TB) We knew that when we signed him. Is he a credible deep threat?
"Yes."
(TB) Can he play the slot?
"Yes."
(TB) So Benjamin is fine. Who else will help in the slot?
{Silence}
(TB) Do I bite that hard?
"Those are our top four, and that is our design."
(TB) We have some more guys. Who might step up?
"Any of them might. Huff. Bell. McBride. Even Rannell Hall. We are not counting on any of them. Or counting them out."
"You left out Techbert's darlings. Mo and Andy."
"They both have a shot at the roster."
(TB) It really depends on how they grow. Mo had a lot of work to do, but he may be worthy of a roster slot this year. Andy Jones is closer than he thinks. He just let the lights shine too brightly for a country boy. This year may be different.
"He's got some footspeed issues, but Hundley to Jones was deadly on the scout team last year."
(TB) There is a very good chance you will get a WR on Day 2 of the draft. I don't really want one, but there is so much talent there.
"Say you pick a Zay Jones. How does that affect our rotation?"
(TB) That question is not to me.
"We'd have to work him in. We wouldn't have to rush him, but he would still need work, or a year of development is wasted. Everyone but ARob would lose snaps. Benjamin maybe the most. I'd like a draft choice. Then for 2018 we'd have him, Snead, and hopefully ARob, plus the kids."
(TB) I do like continuity. But 2018 will depend on who Wentz bonds with, and how our tight end situation works out. Anything else before we move to quarterback?

Last edited by Techbert on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Techbert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Short and sweet. Carson's the man."
"How's his mechanics."
"They need work every year, but most quarterbacks need work on their mechanics every year. The concern for Carson's mechanics is overblown."
(TB) We are using it publicly to control criticism of him when he has bad weeks. We don't want to give a play-by-play of what is going on in his head, so we just call it "mechanics."
"What is going on in his head?"
"He wants to win every game, and he wants to make every play."
"Wants it too much."
(TB) So we surround him with skill, so he doesn't stress with every dropped pass or stupid penalty. The goal is to have five viable pass targets on the field on every play, and six or seven viable pass protectors. We couldn't do that last year. Hundley?
"Ineffective in mop-up, but we still like him."
"Might we trade him?"
"He's still valuable to us as the primary back-up."
(TB) We might trade him, but we'd have to get positive value in return. I don't think anyone will give that, based on a rookie pre-season when he had success against vanilla defenses. New York press is talking about it, and that might or might not be the Jets raising the trial balloon before making an offer. So far, they have not initiated conversation, and I'm not going to start it.
"What value does Petty have?"
"He's not throwing yet. Torn labrum in non-throwing shoulder. We need to get him in camp and see what he can do. If he can't go in the spring and summer, I don't see how we can keep him on the roster in the fall."
(TB) All of you know I am not a fan, but we need to give him a fair shot. Who else?
"The Brock Lobster."
(TB) Oh, yeah. Still trying to get some value for him. He could be our backup. Not joking.
"But I can cut him, right?
(TB) First time you need to, but he doesn't create any salary cap relief, so I'd like to have him until I get a trade or we have to go to 75.
"Any chance you will draft a quarterback?"
(TB) (Snorts) Maybe. After I get a punter and snapper. More likely an UDFA qb if we can unclog the roster first. There are a couple of kids I like, but not enough to draft this particular year. Summary time. What's our top offensive draft need?
"OT"
"Offensive tackle."
"Starter grade tackle. Either side."
"I disagree."
"Of course."
"We don't need a tackle. We go Albert, Spain, Mancz, LDT, Collins, with Hurst, Seumalo, and maybe Robinson. Put our five best on the field."
{Cross-talk}
(TB) That'll do. So if not tackle, what is our top need?
"Tight end."
"Tight end, but 2nd to tackle."
(TB) Third?
"We can upgrade wr, rb, backup qb... but it would have to be a premium pick."
(TB) Thank you. Let's get lunch and go to defense.
Techbert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOTW Pt 3

(TB) In my pea brain, we play nickel as our base defense, as we are in it a majority of the snaps. I refer to "first down defense" or "four back defense" when other people say "base defense." So what is our four back defense?
"4-3."
(TB) Why?
"We don't have anyone natural at nose."
(TB) Let's talk about this. I have to draft 2 or 3 defensive ends this year, good ones ready to contribute, or I can sign Connor Barwin and Dontari Poe and be pretty much set.
"You'd still need to draft multiple nickel ends. And a backup nose. And more linebackers."
(TB) Maybe on the more linebackers. We have enough personnel to go to a 3-4 at linebacker now. Plus a free agent like Barwin.
"This is a freakishly good defensive end class."
(TB) Freakishly good at te, cb, and s, too. Okay. Let's discuss the personnel we have, and don't be afraid to rub my mistakes in my nose.
"I think the only ends you have drafted have been a 3rd and a 5th. So it's not like you whiffed badly."
(TB) Don't suck up. And failing to pick at a position is still failure.
"Wah. Wah. We have Owa and Obum at end. Derrick can play LDE on first down, but he's best inside in nickel, and that is a crowded position.
(TB) Is Owa healthy?
"We think so. We'll find out in camp. We don't think he can start, and we don't know if he can situationally pass rush, but we will find out this year.
(TB) Make or break. Obum?
"We think he will play on passing downs. We could start him but we don't want to. He also will need to show if he can play this year."
(TB) Jack Crawford is the new guy.
"We hope a rookie plays in front of him, but Jack can play LDE in base, I mean first down defense. So between Derrick and Jack and Obum in packages we should be functional at LDE.
(TB) If the season starts today, who plays RDE?
{Long pause} "Greg Robinson, maybe?" {Laughter}
(TB) So it is good the season does not start today. Cheer me up. Talk about the interior defensive line. Can Leonard Williams play?
"Yes. Yes he can. And if we had to we would put him at RDE. But his home is inside. Next to Grady."
(TB) I like that. What about our other tackles?
"Carl Davis is coming back from injury. He could be in the rotation if it works out. He could also help at nose, if we play any three man fronts. Same with LT Walton, who proved he can play in the rotation."
(TB) So we do have a nose or two. Anthony Johnson?
"Might make it.
(TB) Anyone else?
"We control Aziz Sh-ittu and Justin Zimmer. Aziz has a chance.

(TB) Linebacker.
"Outside we have De'Vondre and Kyle. We like Kyle, but we will push for him to provide more pressure on the qb. He's good vs run defense. Campbell had a very promising rookie season.
(TB) So did Ben Heeney. How is he doing now?
"He may not make the team."
(TB) Give him a fair chance. Will Danny be good to go?
"We hope so. We don't know. You may want to look at Ruben Foster."
(TB) Maybe. If he is available. Max and Mike played well in spot duty.
"We like them. Also Terrance Smith. He can do a lot of the things Campbell gives us. He played a lot late because he had to."
(TB) So we have enough numbers inside. We just don't know if we have a clear starter if Trevathan is not all the way back.
"Yes. We'd still like another inside backer."
(TB) You always do. How about outside backup?
"We need to know what we have in Shilique. Cowser made his case late. Chickillo is our best pass-rusher, at least from outside. Ochi gives good effort. Good guy to have in camp and we'll have room on practice squad for him. We'd still like another outside backer."
(TB) Broken record. On to the backfield. Do we have any corners?

"We may cut Sean Smith. We want to upgrade over Phillip Gaines. We do not plan using Aaron Colvin other than in nickel and dime. Same with Ron Brooks. We do not expect Mackensie Alexander to be ready this year. Nick Marshall is mostly useful in the return game. So no, we do not have any corners."
(TB) {Sighs} I'll probably get you one.
"We need two."
(TB) I'll probably get you one. Are you any happier at safety.
"It's better than it was, but Amos and Branch are both coming back from injuries, and Barry Church is new to our system. We don't see Derron Smith as a starter. Isaiah Johnson is marginal. Pierre Desir and Brian Blechen are longshots to make the team."
(TB) Look for a couple of safeties in the late rounds to develop.
"What about first round?"
(TB) Maybe. I hope not. I have Adams and Hooker high, but I may rather get an end or someone who can catch the ball at six. I may also trade down. If I do I will definitely be going for an end or tight end. So what is our top draft priority on defense?
"Defensive end."
"RDE."
"Pass rusher... could be a linebacker, but whoever can get after the passer quickest."
"Corner or safety. Clearly."

(TB) Let me wrap up this session by giving you a sneak preview of our draft.

First round. I could trade up to one to get a DE. I could trade down for a DE or TE in the first round. If I stay at six, I will select the player who will have the biggest impact, regardless of position.

Second round. Best player available, regardless of position, and there will be a good player available. Most likely a DE, TE, CB, WR, or S.

Third round. I may try to trade up with this pick and a 4th. If I stay, I'll have to pick a DE or TE, depending on who I got earlier. I should have available talent to choose from.

Fourth round. Most likely a DE or TE but could be RB, ROT.

Fifth round. Best player available. TE or RB would not be a surprise. Just depends on how the board works.

Sixth round. Two picks. Maybe a P, DS, S. That sort of thing.

No seventh round picks. Not at the moment.

{Recording ends.}
Techbert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owa Odighizuwa announces on twitter he is going to "take sometime to get away from the game."

Edit: the situation has apparently stabilized, because Owa was present at the first day of voluntary offseason activities.

Last edited by Techbert on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Techbert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie Campbell on WalterFootball.com reported that the Bull are negotiating trading down with the Browns. The Bull are asking for picks 1-12, 2-33, and 4-108 for their 1-6. The Browns are countering with 1-12, 2-52, and 5-145.

Another source says the Browns's offer is consistent with the trade value chart, but the Bull counter by saying, "chart don't matter cuz... quarterback." It is believed the Bull are only interested in 2017 picks.
Techbert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull sign Mo Alie-Cox te VCU Indy.
Techbert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An unnamed janitor reports a wad of paper thrown away today saying,

"Garrett, Howard, Adams, Thomas, Allen, Hooker

At 12: Davis or Njoku or DE

What can I do to seduce a team to take a QB too high today?

Anyone who mentions Jordan Willis to the media gets dumped in the harbor."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: