You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB Prospects Who Might Be Better At Safety

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justwantwins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: CB Prospects Who Might Be Better At Safety Reply with quote

It seems like every year GMs draft guys who at CB who might have a better shot at succeeding as safeties. Glover Quinn is a great example of someone that went through that process. I have two more well-known guys who I think would be better off switching to safety:

Quincy Wilson: He has great size and is solid in run support. However, he doesn't have the greatest feet in the world. He might be a decent CB but could be an awesome safety.

Marlon Humphrey: Has all the triangle numbers that you could ever want in a CB. He is really good in run support. However, he is not great at preventing the deep ball. Can he play well outside against NFL receivers? He has been torched by first-round receivers and has allowed fair number of long completions.

Thoughts?
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond King is probably the mascot of this topic.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
justwantwins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call. He will probably have to move to FS.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that dude Douglas from WV as a S

Chidobe is another
cibowilson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Prospects Who Might Be Better At Safety Reply with quote

justwantwins wrote:
It seems like every year GMs draft guys who at CB who might have a better shot at succeeding as safeties. Glover Quinn is a great example of someone that went through that process. I have two more well-known guys who I think would be better off switching to safety:

Quincy Wilson: He has great size and is solid in run support. However, he doesn't have the greatest feet in the world. He might be a decent CB but could be an awesome safety.

Marlon Humphrey: Has all the triangle numbers that you could ever want in a CB. He is really good in run support. However, he is not great at preventing the deep ball. Can he play well outside against NFL receivers? He has been torched by first-round receivers and has allowed fair number of long completions.

Thoughts?

Quincy Wilson is not moving to safety. He sucks at tackling. I like him as a prospect but if he's your safety you're going to get run over.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: