Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Offseason Overlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
With Woody Johnson moving to London to be Ambassador of Britain, what are the chances he takes the Jets with him? How does the name London Jets sound? I know Roger Goodell would love it. Can you imagine watching the Jets 8 AM on a Sunday morning, in foggy rainy Wimberley Stadium, for some people on this board who live in Texas, they will be watching it 7 am.
Please don't take this seriously it is just a little humor to break the pressure of the up coming draft. But you never know.

If I'm totally honest I think the name change would bother me the most. I don't go to the home games really. I don't really like the stress of going to a game. Everything's so expensive and the at home experience is really nice. Not dealing with traffic and over priced food. Better replays and option for redzone.

I don't really care where the Jets play it would just hurt to lose the "New York" Jets.

Funny you say that I feel the same except way about going to home games. For year I went all the time, now I hate the hassle.
Agreed and agreed

I really wish we got that Manhattan Stadium

Oh man, pay $18 just to cross over, then parking, the tickets, food, etc. The NJ stadium is expensive, but NYC makes it a whole nother level. Just look at Knicks prices.

Plus, those home games would be flooded with tourists and away fans.
Ehhhh yeah but it's so much easier to get to

Like, when you go to a Jets game you HAVE to go to the Meadowlands and that's the only reason why you're going

In theory, if it was in Manhattan, you can take a quick subway to the game and then home, or walk

Getting to the Meadowlands is so annoying and waiting for NJ Transit, ew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
NJerseypaint wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
With Woody Johnson moving to London to be Ambassador of Britain, what are the chances he takes the Jets with him? How does the name London Jets sound? I know Roger Goodell would love it. Can you imagine watching the Jets 8 AM on a Sunday morning, in foggy rainy Wimberley Stadium, for some people on this board who live in Texas, they will be watching it 7 am.
Please don't take this seriously it is just a little humor to break the pressure of the up coming draft. But you never know.

If I'm totally honest I think the name change would bother me the most. I don't go to the home games really. I don't really like the stress of going to a game. Everything's so expensive and the at home experience is really nice. Not dealing with traffic and over priced food. Better replays and option for redzone.

I don't really care where the Jets play it would just hurt to lose the "New York" Jets.

Funny you say that I feel the same except way about going to home games. For year I went all the time, now I hate the hassle.
Agreed and agreed

Oh man, pay $18 just to cross over, then parking, the tickets, food, etc. The NJ stadium is expensive, but NYC makes it a whole nother level. Just look at Knicks prices.

Like, when you go to a Jets game you HAVE to go to the Meadowlands and that's the only reason why you're going

In theory, if it was in Manhattan, you can take a quick subway to the game and then home, or walk

I have the opposite problem, I live around the block from the stadium - but getting to NYC is always a hassle and expensive considering how close it is.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
NJerseypaint wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:

Agreed and agreed

I have the opposite problem, I live around the block from the stadium - but getting to NYC is always a hassle and expensive considering how close it is.
Lol that makes sense then

Didnt think about that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
NJerseypaint wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:

Agreed and agreed

Yea I'm on the Jersey side. I don't have to pay tolls to get there but just the drive, traffic, parking prices, and ticket prices is enough to keep me away. There was a time from probably 1997-2010 where game were really fun. I remember being a kid and the opposing team would be announced and after each name the crowd would yell "Sucks". Or when they would play the Dolphins or Bills and they would show a video of a fighter Jet shooting a missile and blowing up the other teams mascot. The fans used to go bananas for that stuff. They don't allow any signs into the stadium so that ruins some really cool fan creativity. Things just aren't the same anymore. They kicked most of the real fans out once they built the new stadium, now it is mostly there to cater to corporate entities.
Malik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only way I'd want a stadium in NY is if was completely funded by the owner and if it was in borough except Manhattan
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much offense on our schedule.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our battle for the #2 CB position could be very interesting. Roberts, Burris, and Williams have flashed at some point and are young enough to improve from last season. We might also draft someone to go into that battle. With new position coaches and play caller, I'm starting to feel good about that position. Especially if Claiborne works out.

Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ideal situation for me without naming players is this. Draft a guy at 6. Draft a guy at 39. Package our comp 3rd, our 5th and Richardson to move back into Round 2 to grab a guy we like. Draft a guy at 70. Giving us 4 picks in the Top 70. Losing the 5th really makes no difference if it potentially brings us a starter at our positions of need.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
The ideal situation for me without naming players is this. Draft a guy at 6. Draft a guy at 39. Package our comp 3rd, our 5th and Richardson to move back into Round 2 to grab a guy we like. Draft a guy at 70. Giving us 4 picks in the Top 70. Losing the 5th really makes no difference if it potentially brings us a starter at our positions of need.

I like the strategy in theory but I don't see those 3 assets getting us into the end of the 2nd round though.

Maybe #107 and Richardson to DEN for #82.

DEN was interested in Richardson and that basically values Richardson as a comp 3rd (exactly what everyone here seems to want). Adding a 5th to that doesn't do much in terms of getting #82 into the 2nd which is why I view it as a long shot to get into round two.

Then I'd go
6 - Howard
39 - Baker
70 - Witherspoon
82 - Blair Brown

You have 3 major needs at TE, CB, FS filled and an 3 down ILB prospect to groom for a season behind Harris. Great start to the rebuild if you can get production from those 4 guys.

Props to Mack on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random sad stat:

Drew Brees has broken our single season passing yard record.... for the last 11 seasons. Broke our Passing TD season record 8 times.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
Page 52 of 52

Jump to: