Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 5159
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
What if the Jaguars drafted Joe Mixon in the second?



I will booooo loudly and be highly displeased. That'd be a new low imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 5159
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Watson is continually being heavily linked to us. Daniel Jeremiah went on for a minute or two about it today...

and I hope it happens...



I still just don't get it. It's clearly not going away. But unless they find a taker for Bortles to recoup a pick and just move on or something...


'Cause i mean, what we really need most on top of everything else is a QB controversy and one less Top-40 selection to put into actually improving the garbage roster. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 90676
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
What if the Jaguars drafted Joe Mixon in the second?


Vomit
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 90676
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Watson is continually being heavily linked to us. Daniel Jeremiah went on for a minute or two about it today...

and I hope it happens...



I still just don't get it. It's clearly not going away. But unless they find a taker for Bortles to recoup a pick and just move on or something...


'Cause i mean, what we really need most on top of everything else is a QB controversy and one less Top-40 selection to put into actually improving the garbage roster. Rolling Eyes


Agreed. If we seriously are going to draft a QB Top-40, they better have a deal lined up for Bortles
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 90676
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odds we take a QB at 4?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3676
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Odds we take a QB at 4?


Eric Galko said on twitter today that he thinks we've narrowed in on a guy but not sure if its Fournette, an OL, or a QB. So...
_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 90676
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Odds we take a QB at 4?


Eric Galko said on twitter today that he thinks we've narrowed in on a guy but not sure if its Fournette, an OL, or a QB. So...


OL?...WTF who? And at 4?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3676
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Odds we take a QB at 4?


Eric Galko said on twitter today that he thinks we've narrowed in on a guy but not sure if its Fournette, an OL, or a QB. So...


OL?...WTF who? And at 4?


Get the feeling we're quite high on Cam. I like him but 4 seems a bit high. I do think hes underrated at this point with where some analysts are projecting him though.
_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DuvalsKing


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 984
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if its someone we haven't even mentioned.
_________________
Who I wanted drafted vs Jags over the last 4 drafts
2014:Khalil Mack - Blake Bortles
2015:Amari Cooper - Dante Fowler
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jags


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 3302
Location: Florida (Thanks to Kempes on the sig)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Odds we take a QB at 4?


Eric Galko said on twitter today that he thinks we've narrowed in on a guy but not sure if its Fournette, an OL, or a QB. So...


OL?...WTF who? And at 4?


Get the feeling we're quite high on Cam. I like him but 4 seems a bit high. I do think hes underrated at this point with where some analysts are projecting him though.


Please no. That'd be a terrible pick. Not saying he'd be bad, but that'd be WAY too high for him.
_________________


DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 90676
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if its someone we haven't even mentioned.


But who? We've talked about all remote possibilities
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DuvalsKing


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 984
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if its someone we haven't even mentioned.


But who? We've talked about all remote possibilities


I'm not sure exactly i'm not saying it will be Malik Hooker, but a player along those lines just a guy that you don't particularly see them drafting. I just hope whom ever it is he is a player who will be an impact player for us for years to come.
_________________
Who I wanted drafted vs Jags over the last 4 drafts
2014:Khalil Mack - Blake Bortles
2015:Amari Cooper - Dante Fowler
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
abidingdude


Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Posts: 14
Location: Jax
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if its someone we haven't even mentioned.


But who? We've talked about all remote possibilities


I haven't read the entire thread, but it sure seems like Allen and Fournette are the most commonly mocked players at #4.

Outliers seem to be Howard, Hooker, Adams, Thomas(if he falls), McCaffrey, Barnett, Trubisky, Watson or Ramczyk.

Of those outliers, the only ones I feel are viable are the TE, the safties, Barnett and maybe Ramczyk.

I have a gut feeling they play it safe and take Jon Allen at #4 then add an O-Lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The RB and TE classes are deep this year so talent is there to be had in rounds 3-5 in my opinion if they opt not to address those positions early.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3676
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McShay and Kiper apparently said on their podcast today they're hearing the Jaguars actually liken McCaffery OVER LF7.

That's a bit of a surprise, but McCaffery is definitely the better scheme fit and tests VERY well at the combine. Most have said he's a lock for the top 10 with CAR at #9, so not too crazy.

John Oesher mocked us Malik Hooker today. Mike Silver, Oesher, and a couple of others on twitter/on the radio have said they expect the Jaguars to make somewhat of a surprise pick. Silver is the guy I respect the most as far as this process goes as he generally gets very good information since he never discloses any of it prior to the draft. He generally is right from what I understand, so in this case maybe not the obvious Allen/Fournette at #4 but someone we know about but hasn't been commonly mocked here or expected at 4?

Then there is obviously a large amount of people saying the Watson interest in real, but they in the end expect us to take Fournette.

Thursday just needs to get here. Has anyone else heard anything different than the above?
_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 5372
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be upset with Caff. He is a 4 down player and he is a perfect scheme fit.

Hooker, Watson, Howard, Fournette, Caff, Allen and Thomas are the guys I wouldn't be upset if we took at 4.

We will see on Thursday.
_________________


^^el ramster^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 26 of 33

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group