You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft, prospects to keep an eye on.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
I'm starting to think Caleb Brantley might be very likely @ 22.

He's one of the few guys that I would really dislike.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:

While not a true need, he could be a huge upgrade next to Suh (if most scouting reports are correct).
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:

While not a true need, he could be a huge upgrade next to Suh (if most scouting reports are correct).

Brantley is a freak of nature. Having said that, we need a NT next to Suh. Not sure Brantley fits.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins apparently had a private workout with Malik McDowell. I admittedly haven't watched much of him, but isn't he a tad lazy?

ericsvibe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
Fins apparently had a private workout with Malik McDowell. I admittedly haven't watched much of him, but isn't he a tad lazy?

From what I have read.

Plusses-Elite size at 6-6 295 lbs with a solid, muscular frame. Plays aggressively, never gives up and keeps pursuit to the whistle. Has power to literally bench press O-lineman out of his way, and drive through to the QB/ball carrier. Can spin, rip, dip, bend, has the flexibility to find ways to get past the blocker.

Negatives-Technique is at a high school level. Has body control issues with feet, hips, upper body, and arms going all over the place. Uses superior physical traits to beat blockers, he doesn't understand the nuances of the game. This causes him to either beat the mess out of the blocker, or wind up on the ground. Elite O-lineman have erased him from games. Scouts are worried that the lack of technical improvement might be from a lazy, don't care attitude.

The bottom line from NFL. com

Bottom Line Has similar physical traits and abilities of Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner, but may not share their football character. McDowell lacked production along the interior and could benefit from a move to a defensive end spot in a 4-3 or 3-4 front. McDowell is raw, but when he flashes, it can be blinding. McDowell is an explosive, ascending prospect with All-Pro potential if he grows into his body and takes the necessary coaching.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:

From what I have read.

Plusses-Elite size at 6-6 295 lbs with a solid, muscular frame. Plays aggressively, never gives up and keeps pursuit to the whistle. Has power to literally bench press O-lineman out of his way, and drive through to the QB/ball carrier. Can spin, rip, dip, bend, has the flexibility to find ways to get past the blocker.

Negatives-Technique is at a high school level. Has body control issues with feet, hips, upper body, and arms going all over the place. Uses superior physical traits to beat blockers, he doesn't understand the nuances of the game. This causes him to either beat the mess out of the blocker, or wind up on the ground. Elite O-lineman have erased him from games. Scouts are worried that the lack of technical improvement might be from a lazy, don't care attitude.

The bottom line from NFL. com

Bottom Line Has similar physical traits and abilities of Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner, but may not share their football character. McDowell lacked production along the interior and could benefit from a move to a defensive end spot in a 4-3 or 3-4 front. McDowell is raw, but when he flashes, it can be blinding. McDowell is an explosive, ascending prospect with All-Pro potential if he grows into his body and takes the necessary coaching.

I don't like that fit for a 4-3. Sounds like a 3-4 DE to me.

Apparently they are flying Taco Charlton down to Miami this week as well. I'm on the fence with Taco. I just don't know if he's athletic enough to be a good pass rusher in the NFL.

ericsvibe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The negatives for Charlton are very concerning. Yes I know that at 6-6 277 lbs he has the size for DE, but many of the scouts are saying the same things. This is what I have seen.

Despite all of the physical gifts, his play during college was up and down. Some games he seemed dominant, the next week he did nothing at all. He wasn't able to become a full time starter until his senior season. Functional strength is lacking, he doesn't have a bull rush, and runs around blockers. Nonexistent anchor at the point of attack. Lesser college OT's didn't have any problems blowing him out of the hole. Technique is questionable, he allowed OT to get into his frame regularly, then tried to fight them off. Doesn't make many tackles going into the line, most were from RB's bouncing outside where he used speed and quickness to cut off the running lane. Doesn't seem to get angry or emotional when playing, seemed to "just be there". Scouts are afraid he doesn't have the demeanor to bounce back against elite NFL talent. When given the opportunity to blow up a play, he seemed to wait for the play to develop, instead of charging in to break up the play.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a strong preference, as long as they turn into a good player. Lots of options right now. I don't think we'll go TE early due to us having 3 on the roster already.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, I have a feeling the Fins are going to trade back out of the 22 spot with a team wanting to grab one of the QBs. Maybe the Browns? They are going Myles Garrett at #1, and then could go Joe Ross or something at 12. How would you guys feel about the following:

22, 178

for

33, 65, 142 (compensatory 4th rounder)

That actually favors us in the trade value charts. I would be on board if all of the following were off the board (in no particular order):

- Myles Garrett
- Jamal Adams
- Jonathan Allen
- Malik Hooker
- Solomon Thomas
- Marshon Lattimore
- Rueben Foster
- O.J. Howard (Obviously not a need, but I still think he's going to be a fantastic NFL player)
- David Njoku (See Howard, O.J.)
- Hassan Reddick
- Derek Barnett
- Forest Lamp
- Zach Cunningham

freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
How would you guys feel about the following:

22, 178

for

33, 65, 142 (compensatory 4th rounder)

Lamp is my #1 target right now. I think he's a Tunsil-like talent at OG. If Lamp is gone before #22, I'd do the tradeback.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins essentially need to find 4 starters in this draft (a very tall order). They might not necessarily need to start in 2017, but by 2018 at the latest.

LG (Larsen), SLB (Misi), FS (Allen), DE (Hayes)

With less-pressing needs at RG (Bushrod), MLB (Timmons), CB (Maxwell), and RT (James in a contract year).

If trading back would facilitate that, I'm all about it. Trading back worked out great for the Dolphins in 2016.. it's almost greedy to hope for the same thing in 2017.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the beat reporters have some new rumors.

#1. The Phins draft strategy is to find 3 starting caliber players. They don't really care whether they are on offense, or defense. The Phins may trade up in the 2nd to 4th rounds if they see a player they really like, that they feel could start day one.

#2. The Phins aren't considering trading up in the 1st, as they feel that there are several players that will be available that could start day one. This also means that it will be highly unlikely that they will trade down in the 1st, unless it is just a couple of spots.

#3. The players that the Phins really like in the 1st so far are, LB Haason Reddick, LB Zach Cunningham, OG Forrest Lamp, LB T.J. Watt, DE Solomon Thomas,.

#4. The players that the Phins could possibly trade up into the top of the 2nd round to get, LB Jarrad Davis, LB T.J. Watt, LB Haason Reddick, TE David Njoku, S Obi Melifonwu.

I personally feel that a trade up to the top of the 2nd might happen if a LB the Phins really want slips. I think that they are going to draft Lamp in the first, as he is a safe pick, he can start at LG day one and be a huge upgrade. If Davis, Watt, Reddick, or Cunningham slip out of the first, I wouldn't mind at all if the Phins traded our 2nd and a 5th, plus a future pick, to get one, as all of those LB's could start immediately and be an upgrade over Misi. I don't think any of those LBs would make it to our pick in the 2nd, and the drop in talent at LB is huge once you get past those 4.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:

I think that they are going to draft Lamp in the first, as he is a safe pick, he can start at LG day one and be a huge upgrade. If Davis, Watt, Reddick, or Cunningham slip out of the first, I wouldn't mind at all if the Phins traded our 2nd and a 5th, plus a future pick, to get one, as all of those LB's could start immediately and be an upgrade over Misi.

I think that's my preferred strategy. Who knows - Lamp could be gone by #16, though.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting on Miami's first round pick in the draft section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587459

Thanks,

GFW
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez. Ruben Foster apparently gave a diluted sample at the combine, which is counted as a positive drug test. He will start his NFL career in the substance abuse program. He has to be out of the 1st round now, right?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: