Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hyperbole-Free Final NYJ Trade Mok (Unless Sheldon gun chg)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Hyperbole-Free Final NYJ Trade Mok (Unless Sheldon gun chg) Reply with quote

Full mock for Browns with every NFL pick through #37. This is the most effort I've ever put into a mock. Let me know what you think. And now guaranteed with even less Josh Dobbs than before!!!

(team starters & consolidated draft picks in separate post to follow)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sign comes from the cosmos that this is going to be a great year.

Little did we know a portent of the future:
cattleman78 wrote:
Sashi Brown held his draft presser today. He was asked if he had the Patriots on speed dial. His answer " Mary Kay does. We do not. " He deserves a raise for saying that. Funny as all get out.

**Sashi Brown trades the rights to Mary Kay's investigativejournalism (say really fast) to the New England Patriots in a Brock'esque trade, shipping her with a brinks truck full of fresh hoodies.**

***Sashi Brown reaches the incentives for his $250,000 trade-of-Mary-Kay-Cabot clause.***

Sashi & Co. are able to scare the New York Jets into overthinking the idea of who will be available at pick #6. They decide to control the draft and trade up with the Cleveland Browns.

***New York Jets receive pick #1, 2018 4th, 2019 5th, 2019 7th***

***Cleveland Browns receive picks #6, #37, #107, 2018 1st, 2019 2nd, Sheldon Richardson DT***

Sheldon Richardson is extended 4yrs/$50mil/$22mil guaranteed (5yrs/$58mil/$30 guaranteed counting this year) with an out after year 3 of 5 (end of 2019 season), below market for squeaky clean Sheldon and an acceptable risk.

(1) NYJ - Mitchell Trubisky QB - appease the fan base w/best QB available.
(2) SF - Myles Garrett DE - eezy peezy
(3) CHI - Solomon Thomas DE - versatility and explosion, classic Bears pick
(4) JAX - Leonard Fournette RB - "generational" talent?
(5) TEN - Marshon Lattimore CB - if healthy, best CB in draft

(6) Cleveland Browns - Jamal Adams SS, LSU

The Browns consider Malik Hooker here, but everything Sashi & Co. have done so far (eating extra cap when permissable to gain a pick, big FA signing at team need that is weak in draft, letting Pryor walk after just one good season and wanting too much money etc.) speaks to a calm, intelligent approach. This draft is very deep at FS and very shallow at SS (arguably just Josh Jones & Justin Evans, maybe Eddie Jackson). Adams loves football, has been productive, is very athletic, arguably bpa, hits a huge team need, high character, team leader, and he seems like a guy Gregg Williams would love to "put his hands on".

Moving along.

(7) sd - Malik Hooker FS - boom/bust for post-Weddle ego
(Cool CAR - OJ Howard TE - surprise pick to train under Olsen
(9) CIN - Jonathon Allen DT - bpa
(10) BUF - Mike Williams WR - red zone threat to balance Sammie
(11) NO - Reuben Foster ILB - bpa and big need

(12) Cleveland Browns select Derek Barnett DE, Tennessee

To me, Derek Barnett is this year's Bosa. I would still take Bosa over him (especially knowing what we know now), but this guy was unstoppable and has a solid resume behind him. He wins with technique and broke Reggie White's all time sack record at Tennessee (an apples-to-apples comparison as opposed to another Tennessee comparison that was made recently. *ahem*).

(13) AZ - Patrick Mahomes QB - boom/bust can sit and learn
(14) PHI - John Brown WR - WRs worst to first in one off-season?
(15) IND - Hassan Reddick LB - Late riser, can do it all
(16) BAL - Dalvin Cook RB - fits the profile
(17) WAS - Obi Melifonwu S - Meteoric rise, huge need
(1Cool TEN - David Njoku TE - one year starter but beastly
(19) TB - Budda Baker S - surprise but game play/combine back up
(20) DEN - Christian McCaffrey RB/WR - just feels right
(21) DET - Taco Charlton DE - boom/bust raw player but measurables

***trade: HOU trades 25, 2017 4th for 22 to jump NYG***
(22) HOU - Deshone Kizer QB - choose QB w/big arm to maximize WRs
(23) NYG - Deshaun Watson QB - surprise'ish, character to handle NY
(24) OAK - Gareon Conley CB - good luck in teh city of sin
(25) MIA - Forrest Lamp OL - gonna be great at guard or right tackle
(26) SEA - Garrett Bolles OT - Great value, will be 25 when season starts
(27) KC - Jarrad Davis ILB - time to replace a future hall of famer
(2Cool DAL - Takkarist McKinley EDGE - somehow still looking for pass rush
(29) GB - TJ Watt - just feels right
(30) PIT - Tim Williams EDGE - feels like a bust
(31) ATL - Chris Wormley DT - can penetrate and push pocket, athletic

***trade: NE & NO waste everyone's time by trading back into original order: Malcolm Butler for #32***
(32) NE - Derek Rivers DE - Late riser should be good, huge need

End of round 1. I'm already spent. Onward.

(33) Cleveland Browns select Corey Davis WR, Western Michigan

Hugely productive player, similar player to JG if we move on (but double beast if we somehow keep him). Davis falls a bit because of untimely injury, unable to combine/run. The Browns are happy to grab a top 15-20 player at #33 and solidify the receiving core for years to come.

(34) SF - Cam Robinson OL - off-field & inconsistency cause slight fall, bpa
(35) CHI - Evan Ingram TE - safety net for Glennon
(36) JAX - Kevin King CB - that D is looking scary for JAX

(37) Cleveland Browns select Ryan Ramczyk OT, Wisconsin

Bit of a surprise pick but an eye on the future foundation by Sashi & Co. Did not do much at combine and only had 25 lifts--will need to build strength at next level. His strength, however, is his ability to move. He shut down some top pass rushers this past year and only looks to improve. Will turn 23 during season so is still a young pup. Ideal size and length for future LT. With this pick, we are stacked and ready to compete for years to come on our o-line.

***trade: Sashi jumps up to pick back to back top 40 picks per the analytics position dropoff secret big board.: #65, #107 for 51***

(51) Cleveland Browns select Marcus Williams FS, Utah

Great in coverage, ultra twitchy, 4.0 gpa in high school, academic all conference. Oh, and he's only 20 Shocked. Good value here and completes our safety tandem. Williams is one of my favorite players in the draft and like him in this scenario.

(52) Cleveland Browns select Alvin Kamara RB, TEN

The Browns not only grab the best defender on Tennessee (and in the nation?) but also grab their best offensive player as well. Made in a test tube, Arnold-Schwarz-in-Twins style, from the DNA of Lesean McCoy & Jamaal Charles. He can seriously ball out. The Browns act on their reported love of Kamara and grab him to be the lightning with Isaiah Crowell, who may or may not be in their future plans (I'm hoping they keep him with Alvin).

***trade: 108 & 175, 2018 5th for 89 from DAL to jump many CB-needy teams about to select.***

(89) Cleveland Browns select Ahkello Witherspoon CB, Colorado

The last available top tier CB is about to go so Sashi & Co. use some draft capital to move ahead and select a player the Browns see as an impact player who will eventually start. Witherspoon has the ideal length (6'3", 195) and explosion to play in today's NFL and matches up well against slot receivers as well.

(145) Cleveland Browns select Chad Kelly QB, Ole Miss

Oh boo to you too! Just had to do a little pre-empting. Kelly has the pedigree, the NFL tools and seems to be maturing. He has been injured and had some serious red flags but might be arguably a first rounder otherwise. He's worth a shot here with little risk. If he stays healthy and matures, he might be the steal of the draft.

(181) Cleveland Browns select Dylan Cole LB, Missouri State

Workout warrior with amazing SPARQ. Looks like an olympic power lifter. Had a solid career and being grabbed for upside. Nice value around these parts.

(185) Cleveland Browns select Michael Roberts TE, Toledo

Great story for this kid. Has been through some adversity and worked hard. He's an absolute monster at 6'4"/270 to perfectly compliment Seth DeValve. That said, Roberts can really move and had a very solid combine. He could be a steal here.

(188) Cleveland Browns select David Jones S, Richmond.

We need safety even more than CB IMO. A later round guy without tons of experience but amazing SPARQ and looked good this year. He is an absolute ball hawk.

UDFA - some SPARQ guys, Tarik Cohen RB, UNC, a couple CBs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading!

Last edited by NudeTayne on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consolidated Draft:

***New York Jets receive pick #1, 2018 4th, 2019 5th, 2019 7th***

***Cleveland Browns receive picks #6, #37, #107, 2018 1st, 2019 2nd, Sheldon Richardson DT***

Sheldon Richardson is extended 4yrs/$50mil/$22mil guaranteed (5yrs/$58mil/$30 guaranteed counting this year) with an out after year 3 of 5 (end of 2019 season), below market for squeaky clean Sheldon and an acceptable risk.

(06) Cleveland Browns select Jamal Adams SS, LSU
(12) Cleveland Browns select Derek Barnett DE, Tennessee
(33) Cleveland Browns select Corey Davis WR, Western Michigan
(37) Cleveland Browns select Ryan Ramczyk OT, Wisconsin

***trade: Sashi jumps up to pick back to back top 40 picks per the analytics position dropoff secret big board.: #65, #107 for 51***

(51) Cleveland Browns select Marcus Williams FS, Utah
(52) Cleveland Browns select Alvin Kamara RB, TEN

***trade: 108 & 175, 2018 5th for 89 from DAL to jump many CB-needy teams about to select.***

(89) Cleveland Browns select Ahkello Witherspoon CB, Colorado
(145) Cleveland Browns select Chad Kelly QB, Ole Miss
(181) Cleveland Browns select Dylan Cole LB, Missouri State
(185) Cleveland Browns select Michael Roberts TE, Toledo
(188) Cleveland Browns select David Jones S, Richmond.

UDFA - some SPARQ guys, Tarik Cohen RB, UNC, a couple CBs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Depth Chart

QB: Kessler, Brock, Chad Kelly
HB: Crowell, Alvin Kamara, Atkinson (trade Duke for 2018 4th(?))
WR: Britt, Coleman, Corey Davis, Higgins
TE: Barnidge, DeValve, Mr. Toledo
FB: *shrug* Vitale?
LT: Joe, Ryan Ramczyk
LG: Bitonio, Drango
C: Tretter, Martin
RG: Steinbach 2.0, Irving...for now >Smile
RT: Shon, Ramczyk

RE: Barney, Nassib
DT: Sheldy, Cooper, Meder
DT: Danny, Wright
LE: Manny, Nassib, Cooper

ROLB: committee? Schobert/Orchard/Dylan Cole
MLB: Cap'n K, DeLuigi
LOLB: Collins

CB: Haden, Taylor, BBC, Ahkello Witherspoon
FS: Marcus Williams, Reynolds, David Jones
SS: Jamal Adams, Campbell, David Jones

Last edited by NudeTayne on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going OT over CB (Humphrey is available if I read correctly) is "not good".

I'd rather take Josh Dobbs twice than Chad Kelly once. Hell, give us the Pipkin kid from Tiffin over Kelly and it's an improvement.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad effort at all, unrealistic, but not bad. The Jets traded up for Sanchez once upon a time, so who knows, I just don't see it myself. How could a team make the same mistake 2 times, only the 2nd time much more costly.... oh wait, Browns and QB at pick 22, nevermind, the same mistake can be made forever.

Kelly is a perfect pick where you selected him. Haters gonna hate because they want the next Christian Ponder in round 1. Overlook them.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

I'd rather take Josh Dobbs twice than Chad Kelly once. Hell, give us the Pipkin kid from Tiffin over Kelly and it's an improvement.

Just a difference in prospect rankings. I don't especially care for Humphrey and would select several corners still available over him--had Witherspoon at #89 in same tier, though I actually prefer Witherspoon in the pros. The OT pick was made simply from a logic standpoint; according to my big board, there is a huge talent drop-off at OT after Ramczyk & there were many CBs of similar rank remaining.

We'll just have to see with Dobbs & Kelly. I'd sig bet you on it, but we won't see any real results to all this for a few years. That said, the Pipkin comment earns a "Come on, Man".
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Not a bad effort at all, unrealistic, but not bad. The Jets traded up for Sanchez once upon a time, so who knows, I just don't see it myself. How could a team make the same mistake 2 times, only the 2nd time much more costly.... oh wait, Browns and QB at pick 22, nevermind, the same mistake can be made forever.

Kelly is a perfect pick where you selected him. Haters gonna hate because they want the next Christian Ponder in round 1. Overlook them.

I take it as your highest praise that my mock did not earn a visit from Blaine & Anton Very Happy. The trade down itself was fairly standard value for a trade down fro a QB #1 from #6. I agree that I wouldn't want to be on the trade-up end, but someone did it for both 1 and 2 last year for QBs that were arguably no better than these. I think Trubs will be better than Ponder, but I don't see a clear first rounder in any of these guys. Why does everyone hate Chad Kelly so much? I still don't understand. If this was the morality police, I would understand, but so many are on Mixon's jock. What gives?
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:

It's only a matter of time before somebody figures out which account you used to be. Laughing

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also something else I noticed with the depth chart. Where is Demario Davis? I think he will be really good in the new system along with Kirksey and Collins, and a good front 4 in front of them.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

I think Ramczyk is a better prospect than Humphrey so whilst the need is far stronger in the secondary than on the OL, I would like the value. He completes a monster line at RT and by the time Thomas hangs it up, Ramczyk would likely be in for a second contract and a move to LT.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

I think Ramczyk is a better prospect than Humphrey so whilst the need is far stronger in the secondary than on the OL, I would like the value. He completes a monster line at RT and by the time Thomas hangs it up, Ramczyk would likely be in for a second contract and a move to LT.

It just makes no sense to go OL high. Sashi said so himself yesterday that is the one group they don't see adding to early.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

Just a difference in prospect rankings. I don't especially care for Humphrey and would select several corners still available over him--had Witherspoon at #89 in same tier, though I actually prefer Witherspoon in the pros. The OT pick was made simply from a logic standpoint; according to my big board, there is a huge talent drop-off at OT after Ramczyk & there were many CBs of similar rank remaining.

We'll just have to see with Dobbs & Kelly. I'd sig bet you on it, but we won't see any real results to all this for a few years. That said, the Pipkin comment earns a "Come on, Man".

Pipkin will have a better pro career. Similar to Seneca Wallace. Kelly will be cut from his first team by year two, then out of the league after his 5th team cuts him in year 4 or 5, then he goes on to the CFL. Similar to John Beck.

No need for a sig bet, because if the Browns draft Kelly I will delete the account. I'll probably come back as "Jizzy Gene" or something like that. The World's #1 Chad Kelly Fan.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate this. I don't think Corey Davis sniffs the 2nd round, but getting Richardson, Adams and Barnett is really really good. Especially next years 1 and another 2nd.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

Pipkin will have a better pro career. Similar to Seneca Wallace. Kelly will be cut from his first team by year two, then out of the league after his 5th team cuts him in year 4 or 5, then he goes on to the CFL. Similar to John Beck.

No need for a sig bet, because if the Browns draft Kelly I will delete the account. I'll probably come back as "Jizzy Gene" or something like that. The World's #1 Chad Kelly Fan.

Wait, weren't you the guy that tried to bust my chops early on for stating my own opinion as fact?

Just checking. I tend to disagree with your assessment of Kelly entirely. It could happen, yes. But he has as good of a chance as any QB in this draft of being a franchise guy. Pipkin..... not so much.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

You would delete your account if we drafted Chad Kelly in the 5th round? Laughing How are you about us drafting Mixon at #52 or #65?
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the best thing about taking Ramczyk at 37, is that while he is on the depth chart in the "consolidated" draft, he isn't actually listed amongst the picks. Laughing

Maybe the folks that are interested in Humphrey can get him on the board? Wink

With regards to the Jets going up to one for a QB, the GM has only been on the job since January of 2015. He picked Hackenberg, but not Sanchez. Can't indict him for that one.

(Kind of how Sashi and gang are indicted for every lousy pick that the previous regimes have made over the last 18 seasons. Guy hadn't even gone to Law School yet when we came back into the league.)

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: