Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AJ Hawk retires with Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is AJ Hawk the greatest?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Definitely
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

tttmikeb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't exactly live up to the hype from being such a high pick (but neither did many others taken high in that draft), but he was a solid player and good teammate for a long time. Glad he can retire as a Packer.

.flash on the sig
Frank-O

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartEEnIs time!!?!1!!1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOnlyThing wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
gopackgo247 wrote:
All-Time leader in Tackles in Packers history. that's big.
woah thats wild, would've never thought that

It's even more impressive when you consider he's outside the Top 50 in TFLs in Packers history.

(I'm kidding, I have no idea, but he's probably (barely) inside the Top 50).

Nobody jumped on a pile, especially piles 5 or more yards past the line of scrimmage, like Hawk.

AJ could not cover to save his life and how many times did we hear how unfair it was to put him in a position where he was expected to do so? Problem was he was even worse at blitzing.

He made few impactful plays during his long career and I can never remember him making any big hits as that was just not Hawk's game. The run D immediately improved when Hawk was finally benched after the Sunday night blowout in the Superdome in 2014. Unfortunately, AJ came back to play a prominent role in the meltdown in Seattle in the NFC Championship game both on the fake field goal and when Clay went out and Lynch ran right by and through him for the go ahead TD.

Giving AJ Hawk a second K and making him one of the highest paid ILBs in the game right after the SB win was a huge mistake.

On the other hand, AJ was always available to his buddies in the press, repeatedly praised Dom and his other coaches, never questioned management or squabbled (as far as I know) with a teammate, and seemed to represent the Pack well off the field.

I certainly can't blame AJ for accepting the more than $30,000,000 the Pack paid him for all that "assignment sure" play.

This post got me to thinking, has there ever beer a player more differently regarded by so many Packer fans. What I mean by that is, some fans thought he was every bit as good as Ray Lewis, while some thought he was average and some even thought he was the worst MLB we ever had. I personally couldn't name a player with such a wide range of love and hate.
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tttmikeb wrote:
Didn't exactly live up to the hype from being such a high pick (but neither did many others taken high in that draft), but he was a solid player and good teammate for a long time. Glad he can retire as a Packer.

That wasn't a good draft class by any means. Unfortunately for AJ there were fans who hoped he'd be the second coming of Brian Urlacher but that never happened. I too am glad he retired as a Packer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
TheOnlyThing wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
gopackgo247 wrote:
All-Time leader in Tackles in Packers history. that's big.
woah thats wild, would've never thought that

It's even more impressive when you consider he's outside the Top 50 in TFLs in Packers history.

(I'm kidding, I have no idea, but he's probably (barely) inside the Top 50).

Nobody jumped on a pile, especially piles 5 or more yards past the line of scrimmage, like Hawk.

AJ could not cover to save his life and how many times did we hear how unfair it was to put him in a position where he was expected to do so? Problem was he was even worse at blitzing.

He made few impactful plays during his long career and I can never remember him making any big hits as that was just not Hawk's game. The run D immediately improved when Hawk was finally benched after the Sunday night blowout in the Superdome in 2014. Unfortunately, AJ came back to play a prominent role in the meltdown in Seattle in the NFC Championship game both on the fake field goal and when Clay went out and Lynch ran right by and through him for the go ahead TD.

Giving AJ Hawk a second K and making him one of the highest paid ILBs in the game right after the SB win was a huge mistake.

On the other hand, AJ was always available to his buddies in the press, repeatedly praised Dom and his other coaches, never questioned management or squabbled (as far as I know) with a teammate, and seemed to represent the Pack well off the field.

I certainly can't blame AJ for accepting the more than $30,000,000 the Pack paid him for all that "assignment sure" play.

This post got me to thinking, has there ever beer a player more differently regarded by so many Packer fans. What I mean by that is, some fans thought he was every bit as good as Ray Lewis, while some thought he was average and some even thought he was the worst MLB we ever had. I personally couldn't name a player with such a wide range of love and hate.

Lol some thought he was as good a Ray Lewis. When? Draft day?
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

No one, ever, said that. Not a single person. Ever. Never happened.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

No one, ever, said that. Not a single person. Ever. Never happened.

If you didn't think he was trash you thought he was Ray Lewis. There is no middle ground...for lunatics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: