Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DraftHobbyist's 2017 Prospect Positional Ranking Unveil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Groink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:

TE: On Njoku, I got cold on him after the Combine, but then he improved at his Pro Day so I'm back on board with him going highly. Apparently, Eric Saubert of Drake performed pretty well at the Iowa St Pro Day and he was actually hoping for better than the 4.65 40 he put up. He has pretty nice all-around numbers: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/drake/drake-bulldogs/2017/03/28/nfl-draft-2017-tight-ends-eric-saubert-drake-football/99743482/ Overall, I think Butt has been forgotten about and Leggett is underrated. He's not an athletic beast, but he does a lot very well that isn't on the stopwatch. It's important to note that Leggett is very polished while many of these athletes are small school guys like Saubert, Shaheen or even guys like Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, and Michael Roberts. These smaller school athletes carry lots of risk.
Saubert is a project. Prototypical size and athleticism but can neither block nor consistently catch the football.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groink wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:

TE: On Njoku, I got cold on him after the Combine, but then he improved at his Pro Day so I'm back on board with him going highly. Apparently, Eric Saubert of Drake performed pretty well at the Iowa St Pro Day and he was actually hoping for better than the 4.65 40 he put up. He has pretty nice all-around numbers: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/drake/drake-bulldogs/2017/03/28/nfl-draft-2017-tight-ends-eric-saubert-drake-football/99743482/ Overall, I think Butt has been forgotten about and Leggett is underrated. He's not an athletic beast, but he does a lot very well that isn't on the stopwatch. It's important to note that Leggett is very polished while many of these athletes are small school guys like Saubert, Shaheen or even guys like Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, and Michael Roberts. These smaller school athletes carry lots of risk.
Saubert is a project. Prototypical size and athleticism but can neither block nor consistently catch the football.

Do you have some video of him other than the Dayton game?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved Teez Tabor back up to #5 Overall. I had moved him way down due to his Combine and Pro Day testing, but I read he had a hamstring injury which slowed him down. I'm not quite as high on the CB class I guess because I think a guy like Tabor is a 2nd Rounder with his question marks, Sidney Jones moves down from a 1st Rounder with his injury, Fabian Moreau is probably outside the 1st Round with his injury, Wilson was a little too slow with his size and tape to be a 1st Rounder. Maybe one or two of these other guys like Humphrey, King, White, etc. sneak into the 1st, but I wouldn't take them there. IMO we went from what should've been 5 1st Round CB's to 3 because if injuries.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lattimore, Humphrey, White, and Conley in round 1, for me... in that order.. and I think the first three were 1st round locks all along.

I don't think Moreau's injury should drop him, but I never had a top 50 on him anyway.

King... or maybe if a team falls in love with Obi as a CB.. would be my darkhorse 5th CB in rd 1.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
I have a question for others: I am really low on guys like Harris and McKinnley compared to others. Why aren't others more worried about the stiffness that shows up on tape as well as the 3-cone time to corroborate the tape? Tim Williams gets dinged for his lack of bend, but he can bend better than both Harris and McKinnley, with a 3-cone about a tenth faster. I just see this as such a limiting factor that these guys shouldn't be going in the 1st Round, especially not the middle-top of the 1st Round.

I need to watch more on Harris again. I was underwhelmed when I watched one game of his again.. and then look up to the NFLN draft talk to see a few highlights where he looked great. Confused

McK looked the part to me, but think I heard he is... quite slow.. in the head. I doubt Timmy is far behind. The failed drug tests and arrest on gun possession push him down to late 2nd. He looks short-armed and a bit light in the pants. I have McK going early 2nd, and Williams as late 2nd, at best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to bring up Samaje Perine and compare him to Le'Veon Bell:
Bell: 6'1, 230 lbs, 1.57 10-split, 2.64 20-split, 4.60 40, 24 reps, 31.5" vert, 9'10" broad, 4.24 20S, 6.75 3C
Perine: 5'11", 233 lbs, 1.59 10-split, 2.67 20-split, 4.60 40, 30 reps, 33" vert, 9'8" broad, 4.37 20S, 7.26 3C

Perine is coming off an ankle surgery in January of 2016 and a leg injury in October of 2016. Is it possible that he's actually faster than his times? The major difference between these two is in the agility drills. Perine is likely not Bell, but if Perine's numbers are even a little bit better than he tested, you could end up with a very good player that switches from a versatile role player to a possible 3-down back. I lean more towards he can be a lower end 3-down back, and if he can't be, you turn him into a role-player. If you view him as a 3-down back I think there is a decent amount of risk that he isn't, but if you see him as a role-player, I think there's a decent chance he's more. That makes me think the 3rd Round is about where he goes (2nd is for 3-down backs and 4th is for change-of-pace/role-playing RBs).

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
I wanted to bring up Samaje Perine and compare him to Le'Veon Bell:
Bell: 6'1, 230 lbs, 1.57 10-split, 2.64 20-split, 4.60 40, 24 reps, 31.5" vert, 9'10" broad, 4.24 20S, 6.75 3C
Perine: 5'11", 233 lbs, 1.59 10-split, 2.67 20-split, 4.60 40, 30 reps, 33" vert, 9'8" broad, 4.37 20S, 7.26 3C

Perine is coming off an ankle surgery in January of 2016 and a leg injury in October of 2016. Is it possible that he's actually faster than his times? The major difference between these two is in the agility drills. Perine is likely not Bell, but if Perine's numbers are even a little bit better than he tested, you could end up with a very good player that switches from a versatile role player to a possible 3-down back. I lean more towards he can be a lower end 3-down back, and if he can't be, you turn him into a role-player. If you view him as a 3-down back I think there is a decent amount of risk that he isn't, but if you see him as a role-player, I think there's a decent chance he's more. That makes me think the 3rd Round is about where he goes (2nd is for 3-down backs and 4th is for change-of-pace/role-playing RBs).

What do you guys think?

I think he could sneak into the end of the 2nd but should in the 3rd. I compare him to Michael Turner. His instincts and lateral agility are nowhere near Bell's. But I think he's the best back in the league so thats too lofty a comparison for me. He's a beast of an early down back with underrated receiving skills but he'll very likely never develop into a 3 down back IMO. He'll have a good run but, like Turner, his role in the nfl will shorten his career. Big backs with lower body soft tissue injury histories always make me nervous...

-Swap Mahomes and Kizer and my QB rankings are nearly identical
-I have Ryan Switzer in my top 10 WRs so your rating is shocking to me
-I agree about Engram. Think he's overrated
-Feeney's good but ithink Lamp is FAR better than him.
-Feel Dalvin Tomlinson is always lower than he should be in people's rankings
-No. Garrett is #1 and there's no question Laughing
-Charles Harris is a top 5 edge player for me
-Your CB rankings are completely different than mine
-Nice to see someone else who doesnt have Peppers as high as most other people

Nice write-up btw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: