Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Deshaun Watson Buzz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: The Deshaun Watson Buzz Reply with quote

There has been growing buzz that the Bears are going to go QB at 3 and that Watson seems to be the apple of their eye.

Lets assume this happens. What would the rest of the draft look like in your world?

1[3] QB Deshaun Watson [Clemson] 6'2" 221lbs, 4.66 [40], 32.5" vert, 9'9" broad

Finish the Draft
TB 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is if true. The Bears have to get better defensively. Watson at 3 is o.k. but it doesn't matter who plays QB if they give up 400 PTS and get 11 takeaways again. The Bears can't go into another year with only 2 NFL quality players on the D-Line. That is how you give up 11 yards a rush in a game to Tyrone Montgomery. Even at OLB they could use help because of McPhee's health. They will either go WR or best defensive player on the board.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD #2 - TE - Evan Engram
RD #3 - OT - Antonio Garcia
RD #4 - DT Carlos Watkins
RD #4 - CB - Howard Wilson
RD #5 - S - Justin Evans
RD #7 - OLB - Tashawn Bower
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT would interest me a lot if a top guy is there at 36.

The Bears OL is good, but not dominant. Massie to me is so inconsistent in the passing game that I am not sure how a QB gets into a rythem or knows what to expect play to play.

QBs just want consistency. If you consistently will make guys go outside they know they can step up safely.
RunningVaccs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 #36 Jabrill Peppers S
3 #67 Zay Jones WR
4 # 111 Rasaul Douglas CB
4 # 117 Bucky Hodes TE
5 # 147 Chad Wheeler OT
7 #221 Samson Ebukam OLB
51to54

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't "Cutler" him. Bring in a new QB and give him no offensive weapons and poor protection so he gets beat to death.

If we draft him 3rd overall then I'm assuming that Glennon was added to let the Bears be competitive until Watson can take over later on in the season and not to be the starter through 2018 or so. Therefore, we have to add some offensive support with the 2nd or 3rd round pick, such as TE, OT, or even WR.

Watson
TE
Safety or CB.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

51to54 wrote:
We can't "Cutler" him. Bring in a new QB and give him no offensive weapons and poor protection so he gets beat to death.

If we draft him 3rd overall then I'm assuming that Glennon was added to let the Bears be competitive until Watson can take over later on in the season and not to be the starter through 2018 or so. Therefore, we have to add some offensive support with the 2nd or 3rd round pick, such as TE, OT, or even WR.

Watson
TE
Safety or CB.

This is a pretty deep draft at TE and I think its less of an "immediate need" than CB and S are. We could still come away with Jake Butt in the 3rd or 4th round probably and going into this season he was thought as a potential first, but is falling because of injury. Theres also guys like Jordan Leggit and Bucky Hodges who will be there later who would be good fits behind Zach Miller with starting potential.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Watson shopping list

I am running a zone run, play action, bootleg offense similar to what the Shannahan's run. This is the best use of Watson's leg and gets him outside the pocket. It also manufactures easier throws because of the run game.

We are attacking the 10-20 yard range with big targets. Watson's best throws are fades, back shoulders and posts.

Watson is not great down the field on the sidelines so I would go vertical in the seams like NE.

-Upgrade RT, Massie can hold up in the run portion of the offense, but he is too inconsistent in the pass game.
-Legit threat at TE, someone who can get vertical in the seam.
-Another big body on the outside for when Kevin White gets injured.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan Engram would be a sensational add with Watson.

His ability to get vertical in the seam (8 catches of 35+ yards) would be a perfect off set to no throwing as many verticals outside the numbers.
Epyon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Evan Engram would be a sensational add with Watson.

His ability to get vertical in the seam (8 catches of 35+ yards) would be a perfect off set to no throwing as many verticals outside the numbers.

Engram, Zay Jones, or Shaheen are all in that 2-4 round range and could be major targets that fit what Watson seems to like (namely Alshon clones)
G08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/13/deshaun-watson-nfl-draft-top-quarterbacks

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: The Deshaun Watson Buzz Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
There has been growing buzz that the Bears are going to go QB at 3 and that Watson seems to be the apple of their eye.

Lets assume this happens. What would the rest of the draft look like in your world?

1[3] QB Deshaun Watson [Clemson] 6'2" 221lbs, 4.66 [40], 32.5" vert, 9'9" broad

Finish the Draft

Same as it would be for Trubisky.

1 Watson

2 S Marcus Maye, Florida - I think I'm higher on Maye than most but once you get past Peppers the next several all grade out very similarly. Maye is at his best as a downhill safety with a knack for forcing fumbles but he's also solid in coverage both deep and with some experience in the slot. IMO he's less one-dimensional than the bulk of the other guys in that second tier of safeties. I think he's a day 1 starter next to Demps and a decade long mainstay.

3 CB Cameron Sutton, Tennessee
4a RB Jeremy McNichols, Boise St
4b TE Michael Roberts, Toledo
5 K Zane Gonzalez, Arizona St - I'd like to see us come out of the draft with as few "He probably won't lose the game for us" guys in key roles as possible. That's what Barth is - he's a let's hope he doesn't kill us guy. Gonzalez has a big leg and was the best kicker in college. That's a guy who can win games for you. For as many close games as we played last year and likely will thisbyear we need someone who's an asset on ST in crunch time. That Barth is not.

7 WR Isaiah McKenzie, Georgia - In round 7 you want a guy who can contribute. McKenzie is tiny can fly and gives us a weapon as a KR right away. See my comment under Gonzalez re: ST assets in crunch time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: