Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Commander Zim coming to Minnesota:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado Vike wrote:
It would be an interesting situation if Zimmer can't coach this year, or has to step back from coaching during the season. Priefer as a one-game interim coach made all the sense in the world. But for long-term, like for the remainder of an entire season, I'm guessing they'd go in a different direction and would probably select Shurmur, who has past head coaching experience.

But, so does Tony Sparano. It's an interesting question, but the reason I think it'd be Priefer is that he has a longer history with the organization than either one of those and that it's likely easier to replace a ST coach on a temporary basis than it is either the OL coach or the OC. And you have an assistant ST coach in Ficken who's been with Priefer for 5 years and with the organization overall for 11. It just would make sense to go that route over promoting Shurmur or Sparano.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Colorado Vike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Colorado Vike wrote:
It would be an interesting situation if Zimmer can't coach this year, or has to step back from coaching during the season. Priefer as a one-game interim coach made all the sense in the world. But for long-term, like for the remainder of an entire season, I'm guessing they'd go in a different direction and would probably select Shurmur, who has past head coaching experience.

But, so does Tony Sparano. It's an interesting question, but the reason I think it'd be Priefer is that he has a longer history with the organization than either one of those and that it's likely easier to replace a ST coach on a temporary basis than it is either the OL coach or the OC. And you have an assistant ST coach in Ficken who's been with Priefer for 5 years and with the organization overall for 11. It just would make sense to go that route over promoting Shurmur or Sparano.

You can stick a fork in Sparano's head coaching career. He's done.

Shurmur would still call plays and be the defacto OC, even if they promoted someone or brought someone in and gave him the OC title. Exactly like with Zimmer and George Edwards.

TBH, I'd really like to see Priefer as an NFL head coach. I think he has a good head on his shoulders.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado Vike wrote:
George Edwards

This.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60
Page 60 of 60

Jump to: