Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How many times is a double dip justified in this draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many times should packers double dip in
one
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
two
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
three
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:
id hope at least one of our rhetorical draftee/UDFA interior OLine guards is able to beat out Barclay for a roster spot. Not exactly a hell of a bar we are setting there. If we get two guys who can clear out both Barclay and Patrick, awesome.

Why is it needed for a rookie UDFA to knock Patrick off the roster?

I also feel like we love ripping on Don Barclay when there are 28 other teams with comparable or far worse 7th, 8th OL. Every offseason we hear it.

Very true. I at least understand that one. When he's played he's been quite bad so people are scared we'll see that again.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:
id hope at least one of our rhetorical draftee/UDFA interior OLine guards is able to beat out Barclay for a roster spot. Not exactly a hell of a bar we are setting there. If we get two guys who can clear out both Barclay and Patrick, awesome.

I also feel like we love ripping on Don Barclay when there are 28 other teams with comparable or far worse 7th, 8th OL. Every offseason we hear it.

Very true. I at least understand that one. When he's played he's been quite bad so people are scared we'll see that again.

Losing Tretter was an 'ehh' but losing Lang hurt. Barclay had way too many penalties last year and he is just a mediocre pass blocker. He is a decent run blocker and played a heck of a lot better then Spriggs did. This is why I do think TT will draft 2 OL in this draft.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:

Losing Tretter was an 'ehh' but losing Lang hurt. Barclay had way too many penalties last year and he is just a mediocre pass blocker. He is a decent run blocker and played a heck of a lot better then Spriggs did. This is why I do think TT will draft 2 OL in this draft.

Nothing really to do with my point, I agree on that.

I should have been more clear. I thought it as odd that we had someone talk like we needed a 2nd year UDFA kicked off the team by a rookie UDFA, when we haven't really even seen the 2nd year UDFA play. It was an odd view to me.

Barclay sucks. We all know that. I don't think he would be a complete catastrophe at RG but it wouldn't be good.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:

I should have been more clear. I thought it as odd that we had someone talk like we needed a 2nd year UDFA kicked off the team by a rookie UDFA, when we haven't really even seen the 2nd year UDFA play. It was an odd view to me.

Barclay sucks. We all know that. I don't think he would be a complete catastrophe at RG but it wouldn't be good.

I'd rather start Barclay at G than Newhouse at RT like the Giants did.

We'll see how it shakes out, but in a supposedly very weak OL and DL draft, I don't know if the numbers will shake out in our favor to draft multiple bigs on the OL. We need bodies there, so we'll ultimately sign many, but it'll be interesting how we allocate our draft resources. I think it'll show how TT values roster spots and positions more this year than in the past. We have some pretty clear holes at positions of relative little value that we either need to address with higher picks, or count on guys developing in those roles and being steady starters.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:

I'd rather start Barclay at G than Newhouse at RT like the Giants did.

We'll see how it shakes out, but in a supposedly very weak OL and DL draft, I don't know if the numbers will shake out in our favor to draft multiple bigs on the OL. We need bodies there, so we'll ultimately sign many, but it'll be interesting how we allocate our draft resources. I think it'll show how TT values roster spots and positions more this year than in the past. We have some pretty clear holes at positions of relative little value that we either need to address with higher picks, or count on guys developing in those roles and being steady starters.

FWIW. I think the weakness at OL that makes it seem like a weak draft is just the lack of LT prospects.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I really like Dion Dawkins in the 2nd if he's there and he fits the mold of the type of OT we kick inside; plus he's very athletic. He won't be there in the 2nd, but if he was I'd be more than happy to draft him and he could start day 1.

That said, it's not unusual for us to double or triple dip at a position. Remember a few years ago when we were pretty deep at WR and then drafted 3 guys? That said, we HAVE to double dip at RB and probably EDGE. I honestly think we only take 1 CB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: