Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TABT 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best site for finding apartments in Chicago? Go.

I've been using padmapper, zillow, domu, and apt finder so far. Anyone use something different with success?

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
G08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

I've been using padmapper, zillow, domu, and apt finder so far. Anyone use something different with success?

If you want to PM me I can probably help you out... just need to know how many rooms you're looking for, if you want parking, and what you're looking to pay per month.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

If you want to PM me I can probably help you out... just need to know how many rooms you're looking for, if you want parking, and what you're looking to pay per month.

Sent

AZBearsFan wrote:

CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So with everyone posting like 6 mock drafts a day, i got thinking - has anyone ever seen a mock draft game/competition? I'm thinking something along the lines of whoever is interested submits a final mock draft by the start of the draft. Each correct pick is worth a certain amount of points, with the points increasing after every round.

The only hiccup I see is how to score trades that were correctly predicted.

Is this something people would be interested in? At the very least it would give us a way to see whos actually good at making mock drafts and who's just throwing crap at the wall.

If enough people are actually interested in this I'd be happy to keep track of everything. Any ideas how to solve the issue of scoring trades?

AZBearsFan wrote:

bringbackditka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CBears019"]So with everyone posting like 6 mock drafts a day, i got thinking - has anyone ever seen a mock draft game/competition? I'm thinking something along the lines of whoever is interested submits a final mock draft by the start of the draft. Each correct pick is worth a certain amount of points, with the points increasing after every round.

Is this something people would be interested in? At the very least it would give us a way to see whos actually good at making mock drafts and who's just throwing crap at the wall.

If enough people are actually interested in this I'd be happy to keep track of everything. Any ideas how to solve the issue of scoring trades?[/quote]

Re: trades - I would give credit if the player was picked in the right spot or by the trading team. Either would be a miracle to predict and shouldn't be discounted due to all the uncertainty
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Todd Heap story is horrible. Not because it's unimaginable either - because it's entirely imaginable, and that's far worse. Lots of thoughts for him and his family this morning.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
So with everyone posting like 6 mock drafts a day, i got thinking - has anyone ever seen a mock draft game/competition? I'm thinking something along the lines of whoever is interested submits a final mock draft by the start of the draft. Each correct pick is worth a certain amount of points, with the points increasing after every round.

If enough people are actually interested in this I'd be happy to keep track of everything. Any ideas how to solve the issue of scoring trades?

WWPD - What Will Pace Do?
I'd bet the winner gets no more than two picks, and I'd miss on each one.
- Still sounds fun though.

I am actually going to make a real-time draft thread this year. I'd make 2-3 posts to reserve them and people will post who they want when they can in an individual post, like "1 - Adams." Then when the draft is done I'd compile each person's full draft class and post them in the reserved post. I wanted to do it ever since I did my real time draft during last year's draft. Then people will be able to look back and see THEIR draft class in 2-3 years.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=578264&start=15
Mine from last year was -
So far I am at:
1 (9) Myles Jack - S
2 (56) Jonathan Bullard 5T
3 (72) - Kendall Fuller - CB
4 (113) Andrew Billings - NT
4 (124) - Dak Prescott QB
4 (127) - Scooby Wright III - ILB
5 (150) - Moritz Boehringer - WR/Flex TE
6 (185) - Jakeen Grant - WR/RET
7 (230) Keith Marshall - HB

As far as trades, I didn't have any way proven of seeing how that would work out. I would just have people post their trades and pick players available at that pick, maybe just use the trade value chart, and we have to be the lower of the two totals?

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel old and young at the same time. I can't believe that my oldest is graduating HS in a few short weeks, and that my next child is due a few days afterword. Surreal doesn't even begin to describe it.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

I am actually going to make a real-time draft thread this year. I'd make 2-3 posts to reserve them and people will post who they want when they can in an individual post, like "1 - Adams." Then when the draft is done I'd compile each person's full draft class and post them in the reserved post. I wanted to do it ever since I did my real time draft during last year's draft. Then people will be able to look back and see THEIR draft class in 2-3 years.

So far I am at:
1 (9) Myles Jack - S

As far as trades, I didn't have any way proven of seeing how that would work out. I would just have people post their trades and pick players available at that pick, maybe just use the trade value chart, and we have to be the lower of the two totals?

Grant, Prescott and Jack would have been badass
Tyty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
The Todd Heap story is horrible. Not because it's unimaginable either - because it's entirely imaginable, and that's far worse. Lots of thoughts for him and his family this morning.

I was telling my brother that it's one thing to lose a child and another thing altogether for it to be your fault. This is something Todd Heap might never be able to get past. So tragic and sad for him.
Tyty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I feel old and young at the same time. I can't believe that my oldest is graduating HS in a few short weeks, and that my next child is due a few days afterword. Surreal doesn't even begin to describe it.

Damn you have an 18 year old and a newborn baby coming? That's nuts. It was the same story for my dad and his oldest sister and then she had kids almost my dads age so they grew up more like cousins and less like uncle and nephews
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Damn you have an 18 year old and a newborn baby coming? That's nuts. It was the same story for my dad and his oldest sister and then she had kids almost my dads age so they grew up more like cousins and less like uncle and nephews
yeah there is a real possibility that my son and grandchild will be contempararies (fingers crossed for no grandchildren for a few more years, just want her to get thru nursing school, but the boyfriend seems to be a pretty serious relationship and I actually like him. Good news is that she's pretty set on marriage before sex, which is incredible in this day and age)

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

So far I am at:
1 (9) Myles Jack - S

Grant, Prescott and Jack would have been badass

Thanks, I'm still pretty partial to the draft.

Billings would be nice to have at NT and let Goldman solidifying the 5T as well. I still have high hope for him and Bullard. Would be a solid 4 man rotation (Hicks included) IMO. Fuller would have been an upgrade over several others we forced into action, though I'm not sure how well the fans would deal with one Fuller starting now and the other sitting out the season.

Wright would have been forced into a lot of play as a 2 down player, and Boehringer might have played (too early but at least is a physical mismatch rather than some of the guys we had to trot out there lat in the year) and IDK if Marshall was injured enough to warrant an IR or not but he didn't make any noise in TC that I can remember. Not sure how I would have fared watching Langford get knocked over by a stiff wind for 10+ games again. lol

I'm not taking anything away from Pace's draft either. Floyd did really well and has room to grow, Whitehair was fantastic, he got Bullard a round after I did so the value is better, and Howard looked like the second coming of Lynch running the ball. I hope more people jump into the real time draft thread I make this year.Next year I can add an option for continuing off the previous year's draft by the poster or off just roster currently under contract.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Hernandez killed himself this morning. So...there's that.

AZBearsFan wrote:

Tyty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got a deep dish stuffed pepperoni pizza from Giordanos in Holland Mi and the second layer of dough between the sauce and cheese was soggy stretchy and uncooked. Absolutely gross. Is that how it always is?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 88 of 90

Jump to: