Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2017 Raiders Mock Draft Thread | Rolni *4/19/17*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaleel Johnson in the 3rd?

He has a better chance of going at 24 than last until round 3.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Most people have him projected in the 3rd.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

I agree. People sleepin on him. He's a good player in the trenches.

As for DB's, I'm still on the Sidney Jones hype train. In an ideal world, a good corner would fall to us in the 2nd, but I don't see it.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I agree. People sleepin on him. He's a good player in the trenches.

As for DB's, I'm still on the Sidney Jones hype train. In an ideal world, a good corner would fall to us in the 2nd, but I don't see it.

Yeah both guy I see as risers especially after the combine. Jones is already in the top 15 in some mocks. I expect Johnson to move into the top 50 by the draft.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#24 - Traded to NYJ for #39, #107 and Sheldon Richardson

The Jets trade up to draft a QB in front of the Texans. This values Richardson at a 3rd round pick, which is (reportedly) his current trade value.

#39 - Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
#56 - Taylor Moton, OT, Western Michigan
#88 - Elijah Qualls, NT, Washington
#107 - Anthony Walker Jr, LB, Northwestern
#129 - Xavier Woods, S, Louisiana Tech
#168 - Shaquill Griffin, CB, UCF
#208 - De'Veon Smith, RB, Michigan
#242 - Brad Seaton, OT, Villanova
#244 - David Jones, DB/KR, Richmond
daineraider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Not that it means much but I was able to get him in the 3rd in my latest gm mock.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a bit since it has been discussed in this thread, but I think the late 2nd to 3rd round is exactly where Jaleel Johnson goes in this draft.

oakdb36 wrote:

This draft would make for a nice haul. I don't think Qualls is a nose tackle in the NFL - he'd be a 3T in the Raiders' defense. I love Woods but I don't like his fit in the Raiders' defense - he's too similar to Karl Joseph.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Qualls is pretty similar to Brandon Mebane as a prospect. He could play some 3T too but is a run stopper.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-elijah-qualls-di-washington/
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I think Qualls is pretty similar to Brandon Mebane as a prospect. He could play some 3T too but is a run stopper.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-elijah-qualls-di-washington/

I disagree with PFF's assessment of his game. Especially this:
ProFootballFocus wrote:
Holds up better to double teams than many other DTs in the class.

Qualls gets pushed off the ball pretty often, especially against double teams. The Huskies do have this nose tackle however, Vita Vea, who might be a top 10 pick next year. He's a boulder.
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
#24 - Traded to NYJ for #39, #107 and Sheldon Richardson

The Jets trade up to draft a QB in front of the Texans. This values Richardson at a 3rd round pick, which is (reportedly) his current trade value.

Would be a great trade for us. One extra draft pick and a possibly impact player at interior DL. There is obvious risk with Richardson, but could worth it.

Not a big fan of the Moton pick. I assume you put him at RT in front of Howard? I'd like to grab S or CB there instead.

Rest looks solid.
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here is my final mock draft.

I think M.Lynch will get here before the draft, so view my mock draft with that in mind. Our 2nd 7th rounder goes back to Seattle in the Lynch trade IMO, so that is how I worked here.

1st: Jarrad Davis LB, Florida
He would come in and soldify our MLB spot pretty fast IMO. He should be an impact rookie player for us both against the run and against the pass.

2nd: Marcus Williams S, Utah
I think he would be a really nice pair to Karl Joseph. In year 1 he could be a rotational piece and we could rock some 3 S looks with him, Karl and Nelson.

3rd: Dalvin Tomlinson DT, Alabama
He is a pretty strong guy with some pass rush potential. I think he would be a really nice replacement for Dan Williams. He might slide this far in a pretty strong class. He played next to really good players along the DL, so some could hold that also against him.

4th: Shaquill Griffin CB, UCF
He has the size, the speed to play for us and he would have time behind our 3 veteran. He could make Carrie work for that slot spot and could be a ST contributor.

5th: Blair Brown LB, Ohio
A really solid LB prospect, who is a gift here. He could be a really good insurance policy behind Davis, who had some injuries in college. He could also battle with C.James and Jenkins for a WLB role. He can also be a big ST contributor in Bates's place IMO.

6th: Jeremy Clark CB, Michigan
Big, but raw press CB prospect, who could learn behind Sean and Amerson for at least a year. He could be a really good ST player and might turn out to be a good CB with coaching.

7th: Johnathan "Rudy" Ford S, Auburn
Great ST potential and could wind up as a better SS depth then Keith McGill easily. He could take Trawick's place IMO.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your 4th and 5th round picks are both going to be taken in round 3 IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

I think M.Lynch will get here before the draft, so view my mock draft with that in mind. Our 2nd 7th rounder goes back to Seattle in the Lynch trade IMO, so that is how I worked here.

He would come in and soldify our MLB spot pretty fast IMO. He should be an impact rookie player for us both against the run and against the pass.

I think he would be a really nice pair to Karl Joseph. In year 1 he could be a rotational piece and we could rock some 3 S looks with him, Karl and Nelson.

He is a pretty strong guy with some pass rush potential. I think he would be a really nice replacement for Dan Williams. He might slide this far in a pretty strong class. He played next to really good players along the DL, so some could hold that also against him.

He has the size, the speed to play for us and he would have time behind our 3 veteran. He could make Carrie work for that slot spot and could be a ST contributor.

A really solid LB prospect, who is a gift here. He could be a really good insurance policy behind Davis, who had some injuries in college. He could also battle with C.James and Jenkins for a WLB role. He can also be a big ST contributor in Bates's place IMO.

Big, but raw press CB prospect, who could learn behind Sean and Amerson for at least a year. He could be a really good ST player and might turn out to be a good CB with coaching.

Great ST potential and could wind up as a better SS depth then Keith McGill easily. He could take Trawick's place IMO.

Very good draft. Only pick i'm not a fan of is Williams but that's because i see Joseph being a better fit at FS.
Also, I don't think we draft only D.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

1st 3 picks are awesome.

As for whoever said Woods doesnt fit because he is similar to Joseph and think that is exactly the reason we should take him. Two guys who should be able to play Free or Strong at a high level. Who plays where will settle itself out on its own.
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Your 4th and 5th round picks are both going to be taken in round 3 IMO.

You could be right. Haven't really seen any draft board where they would be so high...
We will see I guess.

oakdb36 wrote:

Very good draft. Only pick i'm not a fan of is Williams but that's because i see Joseph being a better fit at FS.
Also, I don't think we draft only D.

Thanks.
I think the staff looks for 2 similar players. They used Karl and Nelson more like left and right safety then SS and FS in the 2nd half of the season.

TiberiusRising wrote:

1st 3 picks are awesome.

As for whoever said Woods doesnt fit because he is similar to Joseph and think that is exactly the reason we should take him. Two guys who should be able to play Free or Strong at a high level. Who plays where will settle itself out on its own.

Thanks!

I also think that we try to have two guys, who can do both well, so they can play left and right S instead of SS and FS as I stated earlier to oakdb36.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: