Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Yibbyl's Mock 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Yibbyl's Mock 2017 Reply with quote

OK, I can't say I have had the time to put into this that I have had in past years and haven't stuck to my guns like in past years...not a good sign IMO. With that in mind, here's your opportunity to LOL at my mock!

Goals: Most importantly position the team to trade up next year for a QB, shore up the secondary, find a weakside OLB, WR and RT help, and deal with impending need for DT (possibly DT's).

Trade back: Swap 2017 #10 with Kansas City for 2017 #27, 91, 170, and 2018 2nd & 4th round picks. Yes, we lose value, but I wanted a trading partner who wouldn't say "No!", so that we had the ammo to move up next year. Kansas City has extra picks this year and can afford to lose this many picks. I'm planning on packaging picks and hunting for a franchise QB next year! Period.

#27 - CB Gareon Conley, Ohio State
- Speedy zone guy can start immediately, but is admittedly more of a liability vs. the run than I like.

#44 - WR Chris Godwin, Penn State - Good hands, thick body, and shows up when the games count. Very determined competitor. I want someone who can challenge Sammy for the #1 spot and I think Godwin might just be able to do that.

#75 - OT Antonio Garcia, Troy - Wanted a starter on the right side, but think I got a project here. Super athletic and aggressive and should be able to stay at LT with added strength development, which would allow Glenn to move to the right side (not that was my goal though). If Garcia did get moved to the right side, he can handle the recent tendency of some teams to put athletic rushers over there looking for a mismatch.

#91 - OLB Alex Anzalone, Florida - High risk pick here due to injury history. Normally I wouldn't consider injury-prone players this early, but when healthy, his high motor skills allows him to blitz and he has excellent coverage skills for HB's & TE's. He has the will and skill, just hasn't been durable.

#156 - DT Eddie Vanderdoes, UCLA - Strong and disruptive and can feast in one gap schemes. Wasn't fully healthy last season after tearing MCL in 2015.

#170 - FS John Johnson, Boston College - This is my diamond in the rough, as, even this late in the draft, I actually think Johnson just might have the skills to start! Lengthy and can play safety or line up in slot. Excellent leaping and ball-hawking skills and also ST player. Not the SS I was hoping for, but if Hyde is moved to SS, this combination would give QB's fits.

#171 - TE Bucky Hodges, VA Tech - Former tall and speedy QB who's more like an oversized WR. With his excellent leaping ability and understanding of coverages, has killed it running down the seams, but still needs to refine his route running ability.

#195 - DT D.J. Jones, Mississippi - Strong and agile with pass rush ability. Respectable vs. double teams, but for some reason he totally ran out of gas at end of last season. Don't know if it was endurance or injury issue.

Have at it and don't pull punches - I wouldn't!

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity why is KC moving up and giving up that much? I would think Texans would be a team interested as they dont have a qb

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Just out of curiosity why is KC moving up and giving up that much? I would think Texans would be a team interested as they dont have a qb

Totally fair question. I figured since they were coming out ahead in value, KC could target any of the following needs:

LB Foster or possibly Reddick (though Riddick is less of a fit IMO)
QB Trubisky or Kizer or Watson or Mahomes
CB Marion Humphrey

To be honest though, I have not heard any rumors about KC wanting to trade up, but if the value is there, and I believe it is with this offer, they might seriously consider it. Also, though Houston needs the QB more and admittedly is more likely to try to trade up, they have less ammo this year to do so and I did want to try to address as many needs this year as I could.

Adopt a Bill:
Buffalofan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of trading back with the sole reason to move up next year to draft a QB. I want Rosen next year so if we could get another teams first round pick for next season I'd love it. No matter how hard it is to take this year
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going all in while hunting for a QB of the future why don't you just stay at 10 and draft someone this year ?

I'm all for a trade back but I want the ammo this year. I'd love to trade back and sit on a OT or CB in 1st, while adding another 2ND round pick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
If you are going all in while hunting for a QB of the future why don't you just stay at 10 and draft someone this year ?

I'm all for a trade back but I want the ammo this year. I'd love to trade back and sit on a OT or CB in 1st, while adding another 2ND round pick

I honestly think this year's QB class is going to end up a lot like 2013's. I don't believe any of these guys are franchise material. I chose to trade with KC because they had the picks this year (2 each in the 3rd & 5th rounds) and are up against the wall salary cap-wise. That 2nd next year has the value to allow us to make a move then. So that was my line of thought.

Adopt a Bill:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: