Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roc Alexander

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what will Roc Alexander become in the years to come
will get cut this offseason
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
will never be better than a nickle back
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
will become a starter
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Roc Alexander Reply with quote

heres a great link http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/broncos/article/0,1299,DRMN_17_3830113,00.html
i think the kid will be pretty good in the years to come. hes got all the natural attributes and obviously he works hard. he's just raw but he's learning from a technitian in baily. so i say give him a year and he might be able to replace walls if he leaves this next offseason. what do you all think?
aceyalone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like darrent william's more than any other corner except for bailey, i was high on LeSeuer taking over after Walls leaves, but they moved him to safety.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose "will never be better..." but I want to qualify that. I don't think he will ever be better than a nickel back in Denver. But he has the attributes to be a starter in the NFL. Denver just has too much young depth.

Alexander really took me by surprise last year. For an undrafted rookie to play as much and as well as he did was quite an accomplishment. But man, did he get burned in the Indy game. And once he got down, early in the game, he couldn't get back up. His biggest obstacle now will be to overcome that game, mentally. The article makes it sound as though he is taking the right approach.

I just don't think he'll see the field a lot this year. I could be wrong. If Williams is there strictly as a return guy, and Browner switches to safety, as has been suggested, then maybe there is a place for Alexander. I think that his main competition could come from Paymah.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never felt as bad for a player as I did for Alexander after the first round game witht he Colts.

Ouch!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Jester wrote:
I chose "will never be better..." but I want to qualify that. I don't think he will ever be better than a nickel back in Denver. But he has the attributes to be a starter in the NFL. Denver just has too much young depth.

Alexander really took me by surprise last year. For an undrafted rookie to play as much and as well as he did was quite an accomplishment. But man, did he get burned in the Indy game. And once he got down, early in the game, he couldn't get back up. His biggest obstacle now will be to overcome that game, mentally. The article makes it sound as though he is taking the right approach.

I just don't think he'll see the field a lot this year. I could be wrong. If Williams is there strictly as a return guy, and Browner switches to safety, as has been suggested, then maybe there is a place for Alexander. I think that his main competition could come from Paymah.

Well thought out until you talk abotu Paymah. Hell no. Foxworth is ten times better than that kid.
The_Jester

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Well thought out until you talk abotu Paymah. Hell no. Foxworth is ten times better than that kid.

I don't disagree with that. Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. I think Foxworth will be ahead of both of them on the depth chart. So I stand by what I said.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still see paymah switching to S either this season or next
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncs_fan_from_UK wrote:
i still see paymah switching to S either this season or next

Yep, I do too.
CHIEFS 4 LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: starter Reply with quote

I think he will be a starter in the future but maybe not for this team.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he wont make the top three corners for denver next year but could be a good nickel back for another team. I see Champ, Darent, Lenny, Foxworth as are four corners. Paymah and Browner will probably make the team as safeties.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wats up 33 wrote:
he wont make the top three corners for denver next year but could be a good nickel back for another team. I see Champ, Darent, Lenny, Foxworth as are four corners. Paymah and Browner will probably make the team as safeties.

i cant beleive that we are going to cut all of last years rookie CBs. i think williams will get a little chance to play CB in dime packages but will mostly be a special teams guy, this year at least
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its pretty hard to believe but why else would they spend 3 day one picks on corners they dont think last years guys can get the job done. I mean really who besides champ did well last year.
titans will return

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like their secondary they have 3 day 1 picks there and Bailey,Lynch not a bad group to me,but room for improvement and learning
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
I really like their secondary they have 3 day 1 picks there and Bailey,Lynch not a bad group to me,but room for improvement and learning

we did spend 3 day 1 picks on these guys, but all three were reaches.
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

na darrent was a second round guy, i had him going earlier in the second round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: