Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Boredom Mock 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
magross wrote:
The video doesn't tell the whole story. Have you heard any other incidents besides that with Joe mixon. The video looks horrible but we truely don't know the whole story.

I don't give a crap what "the story" is, doing that to another human being is never ok. Let someone else deal with him.

Just curious, if it was a dude he knocked out , would you feel the same? and you dont think he should ever get a chance again anywhere or just not here? What makes us so special? Were essentially the Jacksonville Jaguars of the North East Laughing

and honestly asking.

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality" -Tesla
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
magross wrote:
The video doesn't tell the whole story. Have you heard any other incidents besides that with Joe mixon. The video looks horrible but we truely don't know the whole story.

I don't give a crap what "the story" is, doing that to another human being is never ok. Let someone else deal with him.

Just curious, if it was a dude he knocked out , would you feel the same? and you dont think he should ever get a chance again anywhere or just not here? What makes us so special? Were essentially the Jacksonville Jaguars of the North East Laughing

and honestly asking.

To me, sucker punching anyone like that who you know can't defend themselves is sick and dispicable move. He's an almost professional football and she had no idea that was coming. It compounds it that is a woman.

Sure, he is entitled to have a second chance if someone does their research and feel ok with him, It's their money and their decision. But I don't want to have to sit there and actively root for him every Sunday and I am certainly not rooting for the Eagles to pick him. If the Eagles do pick him, I'm not going to riot or anything, but as a guy with a wife and a father of two girls, having him on the team I support would be really difficult to watch.

What really gets to me I the language we use to justify wanting to draft Mixon.

It wasn't an "incident" or a "mistake" it was assault on someone who was in no position to defend herself. If you are going to root to have Mixon on your favorite team than at least stand up and i say "I dont really give a [inappropriate/removed] what he did as long as he can run fast with a ball." Id respect that more than trying to downplay the act or deflect blame to other players or just blame it on the fact that there is video.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
magross wrote:

and honestly asking.

To me, sucker punching anyone like that who you know can't defend themselves is sick and dispicable move. He's an almost professional football and she had no idea that was coming. It compounds it that is a woman.

Sure, he is entitled to have a second chance if someone does their research and feel ok with him, It's their money and their decision. But I don't want to have to sit there and actively root for him every Sunday and I am certainly not rooting for the Eagles to pick him. If the Eagles do pick him, I'm not going to riot or anything, but as a guy with a wife and a father of two girls, having him on the team I support would be really difficult to watch.

What really gets to me I the language we use to justify wanting to draft Mixon.

It wasn't an "incident" or a "mistake" it was assault on someone who was in no position to defend herself. If you are going to root to have Mixon on your favorite team than at least stand up and i say "I dont really give a [inappropriate/removed] what he did as long as he can run fast with a ball." Id respect that more than trying to downplay the act or deflect blame to other players or just blame it on the fact that there is video.

Selecting both Mixon and Westbrook, even advocating for them through a mock, is downright embarrassing.
Jlash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
Mixon had 1 incident. N bcuz it was on video it's criticized more heavily. Whereas Cook has a more criminal background but is still being talked about #14 to Philly. No thanks. If you watch the video of mixon does it look bad yes but it also doesn't tell the whole story. Domestic abuse isn't a thing to take lightly but at the same time he has matured n done everything correctly since then. Whereas Cook and fournette havent.

As far as Dede Westbrook a 5th round zinger on a Tyreek Hill style player. After round 5 the risk is worth it.

If you have talent, plenty of teams will overlook criminal background. It's becoming the norm.

Mixon was also suspended for a game last season for ripping up a parking ticket and throwing it in a cops face.

And what does "Tyreek Hill style" player mean? They aren't actually anything like each other as players. Or did you just mean they've both hit their baby momma's?

Last edited by Jlash on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't the first or last mock to have Mixon in it and that is fine if you want, but the justifications trying to make his assault sound like jaywalking is what makes my skin crawl.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:

I couldn't agree more. Its interesting how people will have a play on language to protect there own interest. "its was a hiccup"

His take on it, was even weaker and scarier.

"On the night of July 24, 2014, I had just turned 18 years old. I was away from home for the first time and far from comfortable in my new surroundings, which were different from my hometown. That night, I was out with members of the football team, trying to get to know my new teammates and friends. I was not drinking; I have never had a drink in my life. At the end of the night, a group of apparently drunk people started harassing us. Some of my teammates were wise enough to leave. I did not, and I am sorry."

Uggggghhhhh wut. Rolling Eyes Shocked Rolling Eyes

If he wasnt drinking and has never drank in his life? thats even more disturbing, i would of sworn he was drunk, kinda scarier he did that in a completely sober state of mind if true.

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality" -Tesla
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And im a second chance guy, you just got to give me a little more honesty and feeling then "i wasnt in home town and ugggh i didnt go home" Confused Laughing

magross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
magross wrote:
Mixon had 1 incident. N bcuz it was on video it's criticized more heavily. Whereas Cook has a more criminal background but is still being talked about #14 to Philly. No thanks. If you watch the video of mixon does it look bad yes but it also doesn't tell the whole story. Domestic abuse isn't a thing to take lightly but at the same time he has matured n done everything correctly since then. Whereas Cook and fournette havent.

As far as Dede Westbrook a 5th round zinger on a Tyreek Hill style player. After round 5 the risk is worth it.

If you have talent, plenty of teams will overlook criminal background. It's becoming the norm.

Mixon was also suspended for a game last season for ripping up a parking ticket and throwing it in a cops face.

And what does "Tyreek Hill style" player mean? They aren't actually anything like each other as players. Or did you just mean they've both hit their baby momma's?

Parking tickets are a joke, [inappropriate/removed] I've ripped one up before. I'm willing to take the chance on him as Cook scares me more then him. And McCaffrey is not a 3 down back.

What I meant by Tyreek hill type a player that can come in has a few red flags get taken later n contribute in KR/PR/WR I wouldn't trust him at RB but he can be the playmaker like Tyreek hill was in KC last year he's that style of prospect.
magross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also no one can downright say if the eagles did something like this it wouldn't benefit the team. Almost all players have been linked to the eagles at some point so it's not like a full on no way for them. Only person not to come in is mixon however they never said they woulnt take a look at him.

You get 1 starting corner this year, they're high on Mills unlike the fanbase. And another starter next year when Jones returns n you can move Mills in the slot.

You get a RB that even though he has red flags is a hell a runner n is the best RB in this draft as well as a sproles 2.0 Style RB to rotate in. Can manage his Contract w language. Me personally I'd go w just Cohen n wait till next year. Where the RB class is better and more true.

Get 2 DL to rotate in and out that would fit the scheme

A LB who can learn and play both positions as well as contribute on special teams

A WR who showed his skill in college. Has his red flags but also only small red flags in my mind as anyone whose been around baby mamas know the overreaction they can create. Also is a 2nd-3rd round talent

An OT that could easily be a very good starter in 2-3 years.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
Parking tickets are a joke, [inappropriate/removed] I've ripped one up before. I'm willing to take the chance on him as Cook scares me more then him. And McCaffrey is not a 3 down back.

What I meant by Tyreek hill type a player that can come in has a few red flags get taken later n contribute in KR/PR/WR I wouldn't trust him at RB but he can be the playmaker like Tyreek hill was in KC last year he's that style of prospect.

I think you're missing the point. Do lots of people rip up parking tickets? Probably. But did you throw it back in the cops face? I doubt it, you know why? Because you have semblance of self control.

He's got two incidents now (one clearly much larger than the other) where he's shown a gross lack of control. He pulled the "do you know who I am?" on a cop while he was a college student, what happens if he gets pulled over as a millionaire?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
Also no one can downright say if the eagles did something like this it wouldn't benefit the team.

I can say that. I actually can say that pretty confidently. These players don't interact in a vacuum. You bring too many flawed personalities, you ruin the cohesiveness of a locker room.

magross wrote:
Has his red flags but also only small red flags in my mind as anyone whose been around baby mamas know the overreaction they can create.

You need to sit a few plays out.
That perspective is gross.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - dalvin cook
2 - Joe Mixon
3 - Dede Westbrook
4 - Jourdan Lewis
4 - Devonte Fields
5 - Chad Williams
6 - Ismael Zamorah
7 - Chad Kelly
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Boredom Mock 2.0 Reply with quote

magross wrote:
2nd (43) - Joe Mixon HB, Oklahoma
Mixon checks off everything the eagles want in a RB, minus the off-field issue's. He has less issues then Cook, and doesn't lack the passion for football like Fournette. Also can be a 3 down back. Due to Oakland looking at lynch i think Mixon makes it out of round 1.

I guess you could say less numerically but what Mixon did is far worse than anything Cook has done. I hate to be the defender but a lot of Cook's "issues" stem more from the area he grew up in and friends that he had before FSU.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: