Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2 Rounds with Trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Guard isn't a need for us. We have more interior guys than we know what to do with. Jordan Willis or a guy like Chris Godwin would probably be the pick.

I think that's too early for Obi but I think we're gonna do it.
Marpet will get a try at center and i bet he could succeed.

I know that. We also have Sweezy who is finally back to 100%, and will play RG. And we have last year's starter at LG, Kevin Pamphile. We also resigned Joe Hawley and have Evan Smith and Ben Gottschalk, who all played last year.
I know. Not saying im right but my thought is Feeney an upgrade over Pamphile (who can be a back-up G and RT) and i do not like your centers so Marpet could be a nice fit there. Koetter said hes okay with Hawley and Smith but you cant try Marpet at center and tell it to the media if you feel great about them. So he wants to try Marpet at center hoping it will upgrade the position and so i think guard can be a realistic spot to draft considering the young franchise QB and the need to have a better running-game.
But thats just a thought. Your suggestions of Goodwin or Willis are good.

Right now we're looking at this:

Donovan Smith - Kevin Pamphile - Ali Marpet - JR Sweezy - Demar Dotson

We could certainly upgrade all of those positions. But we have bigger needs and a draft that seems to line up with them. And like I said, we've got three (actually four; I forgot to mention Benenoch) reserve guys that all played in the interior last year. But we could use an OT. Cherilus retired (thank god) and Wester is just a guy right now, even though he got some playing time too. Davenport is a guy we've spent some time with throughout the draft process. I could see us taking him in the third or trading up from the fourth to get him.

And if for some reason Marpet doesn't work out at center or we just like him better at guard, Dotson is gonna be competing with Pamphile for the RT spot. This is a contract year for Pamphile and he's only 26. And Koetter called him a "forgotten hero" or something like that. Unless he absolutely sucks this year, I expect an extension.
zappa13004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playboi24 wrote:
I would absolutely hate to see Mahomes fall to the 20's only to see the Texans not do anything and have him drafted elsewhere. But knowing our front office, it would not surprise me.

Good draft for the Texans. Not super high on Watson, but given that Mahomes is gone, Id grab him.
Im not that high on Mahomes but my opinion isn't important, teams seem to like him and yes, if you do not move he could be selected before the Texans on the clock.
zappa13004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Guard isn't a need for us. We have more interior guys than we know what to do with. Jordan Willis or a guy like Chris Godwin would probably be the pick.

I think that's too early for Obi but I think we're gonna do it.
Marpet will get a try at center and i bet he could succeed.

I know that. We also have Sweezy who is finally back to 100%, and will play RG. And we have last year's starter at LG, Kevin Pamphile. We also resigned Joe Hawley and have Evan Smith and Ben Gottschalk, who all played last year.
I know. Not saying im right but my thought is Feeney an upgrade over Pamphile (who can be a back-up G and RT) and i do not like your centers so Marpet could be a nice fit there. Koetter said hes okay with Hawley and Smith but you cant try Marpet at center and tell it to the media if you feel great about them. So he wants to try Marpet at center hoping it will upgrade the position and so i think guard can be a realistic spot to draft considering the young franchise QB and the need to have a better running-game.
But thats just a thought. Your suggestions of Goodwin or Willis are good.

Right now we're looking at this:

Donovan Smith - Kevin Pamphile - Ali Marpet - JR Sweezy - Demar Dotson

We could certainly upgrade all of those positions. But we have bigger needs and a draft that seems to line up with them. And like I said, we've got three (actually four; I forgot to mention Benenoch) reserve guys that all played in the interior last year. But we could use an OT. Cherilus retired (thank god) and Wester is just a guy right now, even though he got some playing time too. Davenport is a guy we've spent some time with throughout the draft process. I could see us taking him in the third or trading up from the fourth to get him.

And if for some reason Marpet doesn't work out at center or we just like him better at guard, Dotson is gonna be competing with Pamphile for the RT spot. This is a contract year for Pamphile and he's only 26. And Koetter called him a "forgotten hero" or something like that. Unless he absolutely sucks this year, I expect an extension.
Thanks for that inside. I follow the Bucs like i follow some others teams but no more so i appreciate.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will get flack from other panthers fans... but this trade works perfectly on the value chart and I have argued it's merits myself.

Pick at the end of the 2nd is in line with our MO and meeting schedule.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
zappa13004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
you will get flack from other panthers fans... but this trade works perfectly on the value chart and I have argued it's merits myself.

Pick at the end of the 2nd is in line with our MO and meeting schedule.
Thanks
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
31- 49ers : D.Kizer QB ND
Falcons receive #34+#109
With the draft chart it works but i wonder if the Falcons would ask for a higher price considering the Niners will draft the QB of the future.

I like the trade down and think the value is ok. It works on the chart so it works for me. Plus we have alot of players we would take that are setting there meaning we can trade down and still get 1 of them guaranteed it's a win/win.

Now as for the picks i like Watt but i dang sure don't take him over a better Edge rusher in Takk Mckinley. If Takk or Taco are gone then i would say Watt or Harris would be the next best but to me their 2nd round players and takk and taco are top 20 to 25 1st round guys.

2nd round i like attacking the OG position and Moton is a pretty solid player with nice athleticism for his size. No problems here truthfully.

In the 3rd round i take a FS and call the draft a success.
I did hesitate between Watt and Takk but i thought an OLB would be better with Jones and Campbell. I like Takk, his speed and his motor but hes more unidimensional than Watt. Okay his "dimension" is pass rush and thats the best dimension to have as an OLB/DE but, more complete i chose Watt. I'd say 1-Watt 2-Feeney 3-Takk but sure i'd be okay with the latter..

The problem with that is Vic Beasley is our starting SLB with Jones and Campbell. As said i like Watt and won't complain about him on draft day even if he is taken over Takk. Im just if im making the choice taking the better pass rusher of the 2 and the guy i think is more of a DE than OLB of the 2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: