Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Carolina Panthers select?
Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Jamal Adams, S, LSU
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John Ross, WR, Washington
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
David Njoku, TE, Miami (FL)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Haason Reddick, EDGE, Temple
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft... Reply with quote

1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett, EDGE, Texas A&M
2. San Francisco 49ers: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
3. Chicago Bears: Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
5. Tennessee Titans: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
6. New York Jets: Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
7. Los Angeles Chargers: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
8. Carolina Panthers: ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, where's OJ Howard?
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their GM doesn't seem to prioritize the secondary, and spends most of his top picks on the DLine. I voted Barnett.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Njoku time. He'll learn from Olsen.

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Olsen was on the field a lot last season and does not get injured. He is the perfect TE for them, O.J. Howard is not on the list because Carolina does not take TE's this early. Olsen was a free agent acquisition.

Njoku is there just to satisfy Jeezy. The other selections are more likely for Carolina than Howard.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LSU safety
Surprised at Mitchell going so high but it is Cleveland so can understand it
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Jamaal Adams. They drafted two corners who they like last year. They have talent in their front 7 and they need an upgrade at SS. On top of that, Adams is the best player available. I believe I saw today that he ran a 4.38 40 at his pro day.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
The LSU safety
Surprised at Mitchell going so high but it is Cleveland so can understand it
The forum selected Garrett to go #1 to Cleveland. Tribisky we selected to go to the Jets, which I don't necessarily agree with. I can't see the Jets not giving Hackenberg at least a year to earn the starting job long term before the Jets draft another qb in round 1 or 2.

I think Hackenberg or Petty will be the Jets starter for most of the year. I think they'll likely take the best offensive player available which won't be a Qb. It would be OJ Howard or Mike Williams

The Jets could go DB or DE/OLB also though becusse they havebissues there and there are certainly players worth selecting

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would probably prefer Fournette to fall to them, but that's off the table. Arguably, the Panthers can sit back and take the best available. Have to go with Adams here.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
They would probably prefer Fournette to fall to them, but that's off the table. Arguably, the Panthers can sit back and take the best available. Have to go with Adams here.
They said on Cooley and Kevin this morning that someone on NFLN projected Jamaal Adams would go #1.

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
They said on Cooley and Kevin this morning that someone on NFLN projected Jamaal Adams would go #1.

Well I believe someone there also projected Chubby to be an NFL first round quarterback too but that darn Dunkin Donuts in Louisville caused him to balloon 🎈 up and made his arm weaker than a twelve year old girls
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Well I believe someone there also projected Chubby to be an NFL first round quarterback too but that darn Dunkin Donuts in Louisville caused him to balloon 🎈 up and made his arm weaker than a twelve year old girls
Laughing Chubby is slimmer now! I say he'd drop at least 20 pounds and I'd say he's been a great hire as a HC. Don't worry, he'll keep proving you wrong.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

From what I have heard recently, the Browns are debating between Garrett (best available player) and Trubisky ("best" quarterback available). I personally don't get the struggle there. You take Garrett and then take a QB at 12, which could easily be Trubisky.

Teams that need a QB now:
#1/#12 Cleveland
#2 San Francisco (Hoyer, Barkley; Kaepernick could be re-signed)
#3 Chicago (Glennon, Sanchez, Connor Shaw; with the Glennon signing they can probably wait until 2018)
#6 NY Jets (Josh McCown, Petty, Hackenberg; this is the biggest risk for the Browns)

Teams that could need a QB soon and could conceivably trade ahead of the Browns at 12:
#4 Jacksonville (Bortles, Henne, Brandon Allen; they technically have a 5th on Bortles, and I think they see if Marrone can fix Bortles)
#13 Arizona (Palmer, Stanton, Dysert; while the Cardinals probably need to figure out a post-Palmer plan, I don't see them trading up ahead of Cleveland)
#17 Washington (*sigh*)

Teams that could need a QB soon but would have to trade a whole lot to get ahead of the Browns at 12 (unlikely to happen)
#23 NY Giants
#25 Houston
#27 Kansas City
#30 Pittsburgh

So, Cleveland has to determine if they believe A) the Jets would take Trubisky (over Adams or Hooker?), and B) is the delta between Trubisky and the #2 QB (whether that is Watson or Mahomes II or Kizer) really worth giving up the best player overall?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: