Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Doctson doing work
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
So, I think I've developed the Doctson heal/Achilles injury ever since I walked for 6 miles in my dress shoes and let me tell ya, it hurts like hell! Laughing

Tendonitis is no joke. Had an achilles that kept me out of most of a baseball season
Yeah, my senior year of cross country I had knee troubles in both knees. At CC camp I bumped knees with a guy who had graduated a few years before but always came back while we were playing volleyball. Then, because they right knee hurt when we were doing the fake rock climbing wall the next day I put all the pressure on my left leg and popped my knee cap out of place Jason Campbell style. No one believed I hurt my knee at first while I was 1/2 way up the wall so they didn't let me down until I let out an F bomb.

Anyways, that right knee bothered me all season. I think it was a bone bruise. I only missed two weeks with the left knee though, it's like a shoulder, one they put it back in it doesn't hurt anymore it's just sore for a week or so.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
So, I think I've developed the Doctson heal/Achilles injury ever since I walked for 6 miles in my dress shoes and let me tell ya, it hurts like hell! Laughing

Tendonitis is no joke. Had an achilles that kept me out of most of a baseball season
Yeah, my senior year of cross country I had knee troubles in both knees. At CC camp I bumped knees with a guy who had graduated a few years before but always came back while we were playing volleyball. Then, because they right knee hurt when we were doing the fake rock climbing wall the next day I put all the pressure on my left leg and popped my knee cap out of place Jason Campbell style. No one believed I hurt my knee at first while I was 1/2 way up the wall so they didn't let me down until I let out an F bomb.

Anyways, that right knee bothered me all season. I think it was a bone bruise. I only missed two weeks with the left knee though, it's like a shoulder, one they put it back in it doesn't hurt anymore it's just sore for a week or so.
Oh yeah, what was your PR?

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

17:11

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You got me beat. I only ran 18:05 I think, but I only did CC as offseason training for the 400 and 800.

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You got me beat. I only ran 18:05 I think, but I only did CC as offseason training for the 400 and 800.
It was our home course and mostly on flat road, only one real hill. Most of the time I ran around or in the 18:00's my junior and senior year. I finished 2nd in the JV regionals as a junior which made my coach put me as the 7th man on varsity and I think I finished 46th in the state if I remember correctly.

I hated indoor and outdoor track. Running around and indoor track 20 times at the University of Maryland Armory and then at the Baltimore Armory for 2 miles sucked. Laughing

I had bad allergies in high school so I could never breathe during track season, I mostly just went through the motions. My best 2 miles time was 11:17, best mile was 5:05 and best 800 was 2:05. We had guy's on our team that ran the 400 sub 50 seconds, I think like 46 or 47. Then, our best 800 guys ran in the 1:50s and our best mile and 2 mile guys ran like 4:40 and 2 mile around 10 minutes.

Heck, our best girls - who usually won states - ran similar times to me. It was two Brazilian twins.

Here is a blog written by a kid from our HS who was a freshman when I was a senior. The guy he's talking about - Chris Graber - was one of my best friends, we used to run and lift every day together when training in the offseason.

http://chrissloanestraininglog.blogspot.com/2012/07/1999-2000-state-cross-country.html?m=1

MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

It was our home course and mostly on flat road, only one real hill. Most of the time I ran around or in the 18:00's my junior and senior year. I finished 2nd in the JV regionals as a junior which made my coach put me as the 7th man on varsity and I think I finished 46th in the state if I remember correctly.

I hated indoor and outdoor track. Running around and indoor track 20 times at the University of Maryland Armory and then at the Baltimore Armory for 2 miles sucked. Laughing

I had bad allergies in high school so I could never breathe during track season, I mostly just went through the motions. My best 2 miles time was 11:17, best mile was 5:05 and best 800 was 2:05. We had guy's on our team that ran the 400 sub 50 seconds, I think like 46 or 47. Then, our best 800 guys ran in the 1:50s and our best mile and 2 mile guys ran like 4:40 and 2 mile around 10 minutes.

Heck, our best girls - who usually won states - ran similar times to me. It was two Brazilian twins.

Here is a blog written by a kid from our HS who was a freshman when I was a senior. The guy he's talking about - Chris Graber - was one of my best friends, we used to run and lift every day together when training in the offseason.

http://chrissloanestraininglog.blogspot.com/2012/07/1999-2000-state-cross-country.html?m=1
I ran a 50.5 sec 400 and 1:54 800. But I trained for those events year round. I had a similar guy at my school, he didn't run track until his Junior year, shows up and runs a 47 second 400. He got a full ride to run track at Georgia Tech.

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I ran a 50.5 sec 400 and 1:54 800. But I trained for those events year round. I had a similar guy at my school, he didn't run track until his Junior year, shows up and runs a 47 second 400. He got a full ride to run track at Georgia Tech.
wow! When I was a freshman one my sisters best friends older brother - the one I bumped knees with an bruised my knee - went to Georgia Tech but he had to walk on. He was 2nd in the state two years in a row and we went to see him run at the university of Maryland once and he was like 5th to last. Unbelievable the difference between almost being the best in the state at 5k and not even being in the picture in college in a 10k.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: