Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts: Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Who said this class is deep at WR?

There are two studs. And I think it's slightly more probably than not that neither will even make it to our pick.

And that's stretching the definition of stud. This is the worst wide receiver class in a few years. Luckily the Ravens don't need a gamebreaker type. More like a chain-mover that can grind out yards. So if the team decides to go that route in the draft I think there's a better chance of finding someone solid in that mold.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, it's not stretching the definition of stud at all.

I don't think Davis/Wiliams are Megatron/AJ Green/Julio level prospects, but definitely comparable in value to guys like Amari Cooper and Sammy Watkins (as prospects).

There may actually be 3 studs with John Ross too. I don't know if his 40 was legitimately faster than Chris Johnson's, but he's clearly really really fast, and is much more than a burner. After watching him more closely today, he's definitely in play in the top half of the first. And the buzz from the 40, will probably ensure that.

The top end of this WR class is very good. It's the depth that I think isn't as great.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't have Williams and Davis on a Cooper/Watkins level either. That's still really high praise. Don't get me wrong, at 16 either would be a fine value but that's about where I have their ceiling.

Ross is interesting. The most significant negative for him is his medical history. For a guy with his build and given his game is based around his speed (even if he can do more than just verticals) that's a fairly risky gamble.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even imagine what must be going through Todd Heap's mind right now. Hopefully he and his family are counseled properly and no more horror comes from this. Best wishes to him and his.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no words I can say really. I send nothing but love to Todd, his family and especially his daughter. The word tragedy doesn't begin to express how terrible this is. I hope I speak for all of ravens nation when I say we mourn with him and we support him in these terrible times.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, that's awful news. Todd Heap's Ravens career was mostly before I started following the NFL, but I have seen the Ravens Hard Knocks season, and both Todd and Ashley seemed like genuinely lovely people. Hate to see this happen to anyone, but especially to them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora 1h1 hour ago

Hearing a very strong buzz that long-time Ravens scout/exec Joe Hortiz is top choice become Rams college scouting director after the draft..

Quote:

Rams reshuffling scouting department and informed those w/expiring contracts they won't be back. They tried to interview Hortiz in past...

Quote:

They'll pursue Hortiz, who has been w/BAL since '98 and has been college scouting director last 7 years, and Ravens can't block a move now..

Quote:

That doesn't mean Hortiz would have to accept any offer from Rams, but I'd be very surprised if they don't make a real effort to get him

It would be a surprise of Hotiz left for the same position he holds now. I don't think money would be a factor since Bisciotti will pay to keep his front office guys.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might not be a bad thing if the Ravens had to freshen things up in their scouting department. We've seen decidedly middling results from the draft over the last few years. It feels like there's sometimes a disconnect between the scouting department and the coaches, as to what they're looking for.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top 100 piece on KO portrays us as dummies who didn't recognize his abilities or worth and thus he made us suffer for it. Neglecting the massive monetary aspect which determines nearly every deal in the league. Just wait until they pay their franchise cornerstones. Carr who choked against KC late last year in a big game, and Mack Mr. Held Every Play Rolling Eyes.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
The top 100 piece on KO portrays us as dummies who didn't recognize his abilities or worth and thus he made us suffer for it. Neglecting the massive monetary aspect which determines nearly every deal in the league. Just wait until they pay their franchise cornerstones. Carr who choked against KC late last year in a big game, and Mack Mr. Held Every Play Rolling Eyes.

Sounds par for the course as to how the NFL Network treats the Ravens. They're like people who read a headline and then assume they know the full story because of it.

I was listening to the Around the NFL Podcast yesterday (which I don't often do, because the guys on it are all pretty annoying) and they promised they were going to devote five minutes to the Ravens, because Ravens fans had complained they never talk about them.

That five minutes? Two guys trashing the Ravens' draft because they didn't get any offensive skill players, and then the guy who's a Browns fan whining about how the Ravens done deserve the success they've had, because Baltimore stole the team.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:

That's obnoxious.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note I just looked up draft eligible running backs coming out next year and watched some tape and boy 2018 may be the most talented class since 08... And being as though we stayed pat we will find out exactly what we have at running bacc this year good bad and next year we will have a very good opportunity at a real gamebreaker if what we have doesn't pan out...
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
On a side note I just looked up draft eligible running backs coming out next year and watched some tape and boy 2018 may be the most talented class since 08... And being as though we stayed pat we will find out exactly what we have at running bacc this year good bad and next year we will have a very good opportunity at a real gamebreaker if what we have doesn't pan out...

Which players in particular are you referring to?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

Which players in particular are you referring to?

Saquon Barley from Penn State and Derrius Guice from LSU for a start. Both could potentially be better prospects than Zeke Elliot or Leonard Fournette.

Plus there's Nick Chubb (Georgia), Royce Freeman (Oregon), Bo Scarbrough (Bama) and Kalen Ballage (Arizona) that could all be 1st-2nd round picks also

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the article with Jamison Hensley campaigning to sign LeGarrette Blount?

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/35829/ravens-can-continue-old-school-offseason-by-luring-legarette-blount

Interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 46 of 50

Jump to: