You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tell me three things about the 2017 NFL draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Tell me three things about the 2017 NFL draft Reply with quote

Okay so usually I like to follow college football, watch draftbreakdown videos and make mock drafts etc but life has kinda got in the way this year with me relocating to London, starting my grad job and writing a part time degree.

I am relatively free next weekend though, and looking forward to the draft, but I can barely name 50 players this time around (whereas in previous years we'd be deep in day 3 before guys I've never heard of come off the board)

Hopefully we can get a bit if a braintrust going in here, if everyone gives me three pieces of knowledge about the draft then by the time the first round starts I'll be well educated

Fify.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- The CB class is pretty spectacular, there are probably 15-20 guys that could go in the first 100 picks.

- Lots of talented small school Edge rushers with Terrell Basham, Derek Rivers, Trey Hendrickson, Tanoh Kpassagnon, Tyus Bowser, Haasan Reddick (although Temple/Houston play against solid competition)

- Christian McCaffrey is a WR/RB hybrid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Oklahoma WR Dede Westbrook has three children. LSU RB Leonard Fournette has two children.

- Utah LB Pita Taumoepenu is still learning English

- USC DT Stevie Tu'ikolovatu will be a 26-year-old NFL rookie. His cousin was former NFL DT Sione Pouha who was also a 26-year-old rookie and played seven years in the NFL.

- UCLA DE Takkarist McKinely grew up without a father and was abandoned by his mother. He traveled to Mississippi to meet someone who claimed to be his father but it turned out to be untrue.

- USC OL Chad Wheeler had a psychotic episode where he wouldn't leave an apartment and had to be hit with bean bags by police. He was later sent for psychological evaluation.

- Arkansas OT Dan Skipper grew up with anger problems that came with him to college. He had to be sat down by coaches and told to seek help.

- Alabama OT Cam Robinson is the son of former Chargers linebacker Steve Foley.

- Temple LB Haason Reddick and OL Dion Dawkins were both Criminal Justice majors and got arrested together in college.

- Both Michigan TE Jake Butt and Alabama DT Dalvin Tomlinson have torn their ACL's twice.

- Michigan WR Amara Darboh's parents were killed in the Sierra Leon civil war.

- Clemson QB Deshaun Watson's mother developed tongue cancer and had to re-learn how to talk.
brseahawks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird. There's a QB that dominated back to back National Championship Games against the most dominant defense in college football, passing for over 800 yards, 7 TDs, one INT, and rushed for over 100 yards, 1 TD in those two games and this guy might drop out of the first round, while last year's draft a certain team traded up very aggressively to draft a QB that didn't elevate his team from irrelevance.

It's really weird.

CalhounLambeau wrote:
- Oklahoma WR Dede Westbrook has three children. LSU RB Leonard Fournette has two children.

- Utah LB Pita Taumoepenu is still learning English

- USC DT Stevie Tu'ikolovatu will be a 26-year-old NFL rookie. His cousin was former NFL DT Sione Pouha who was also a 26-year-old rookie and played seven years in the NFL.

- UCLA DE Takkarist McKinely grew up without a father and was abandoned by his mother. He traveled to Mississippi to meet someone who claimed to be his father but it turned out to be untrue.

- USC OL Chad Wheeler had a psychotic episode where he wouldn't leave an apartment and had to be hit with bean bags by police. He was later sent for psychological evaluation.

- Arkansas OT Dan Skipper grew up with anger problems that came with him to college. He had to be sat down by coaches and told to seek help.

- Alabama OT Cam Robinson is the son of former Chargers linebacker Steve Foley.

- Temple LB Haason Reddick and OL Dion Dawkins were both Criminal Justice majors and got arrested together in college.

- Both Michigan TE Jake Butt and Alabama DT Dalvin Tomlinson have torn their ACL's twice.

- Michigan WR Amara Darboh's parents were killed in the Sierra Leon civil war.

- Clemson QB Deshaun Watson's mother developed tongue cancer and had to re-learn how to talk.

Hats off.
bananabucket

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
It's weird. There's a QB that dominated back to back National Championship Games against the most dominant defense in college football, passing for over 800 yards, 7 TDs, one INT, and rushed for over 100 yards, 1 TD in those two games and this guy might drop out of the first round, while last year's draft a certain team traded up very aggressively to draft a QB that didn't elevate his team from irrelevance.

It's really weird.

I don't know where to begin with this.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
brseahawks wrote:

It's really weird.

Not sure why anti-Goff people feel the need to constantly bring him up. Better to just ignore and keep the thread on target.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
bananabucket wrote:
brseahawks wrote:

It's really weird.

Not sure why anti-Goff people feel the need to constantly bring him up. Better to just ignore and keep the thread on target.

Maybe just state the obvious (that year 1 is an awful way to judge draft impact) and move on.

LOL @ Reddick / Dawkins, interesting angle on McKinley. Didn't realize that was Butt's 2nd ACL tear of his right knee. That's actually concerning gotta believe he drops to Day 3 with those concerns.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep em coming guys, loving this

Fify.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: