You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You be the GM, Round 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Would You do as GM?
Draft DT/DE Montravius Adams, Auburn
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Draft DT/DE Chris Wormley, Michigan
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Draft CB/FS Desmond King, Iowa
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft FS Marcus Williams, Utah
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Draft CB Teez Tabor, Florida
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Draft G Dan Feeney, Indiana
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Draft C Ethan Pocic, LSU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft Another Prospect (specify in post)
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Accept Dolphins Trade Down Offer
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Accept Falcons Trade Down Offer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Chris Wormley, he's a very good DL. He may never be a pro bowler but I think he could be a starter for this defense day 1 and have an impact.

Quote:
Wormley made an impression in his redshirt freshman season of 2013, making 19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, and 2.5 sacks as a reserve. He started six times as a sophomore, recording 21 tackles, five TFL and three sacks. Wormley finished his time "up north" by winning the team's Defensive Lineman of the Year award in each of his final two seasons. He was a third-team All-Big Ten pick in 2015 (14.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks) and a first-team selection in 2016 (nine TFL, six sacks) for the Wolverines.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/chris-wormley?id=2557862

I'm not sure what's not to like about Wormely and why we would pass on him in round 2... His final two years at Michigan he had 23.5 TFL and 12.5 sacks.

Who wouldn't want that as our 5-tech/RDE on our defense for the next 5-10 years?

If we were playing roulette with the draft I'd bet he ends up with the steelers- perfect fit and kind of pick they make
Yeah and he'll probably play like a pro bower while we pass on him, just like when we passed on Tuitt to trade back in 2014.
1. Has Tuitt ever been to a pro bowl?

2. You love Trent Murphy and Spencer Long so why are you complaining?

3. Your boy Bruce Allen did that trade.
I said "play like a pro bowler" meaning a pro bowl caliber player. I'm sorry I couldn't write it in a way where you could understand what I meant.

And yes, I do like Murphy and Long but I didn't agree with that trade down because I wanted Tuitt in the draft and he was available with our original pick.

It is possible to like the players we drafted but to also like the player we passed on when we traded down more, isn't it?

Or are you going to come up with some kind of stupid rule that a poster can't be against trading down and passing on a player but then end up also liking the players we ended up drafting as well?

You don't have to make this so hard. You're hatred for me is ridiculous.
It just seems like you always want to play both sides. You whined for months after we made that trade down, but now if anyone criticizes Spencer Long or Trent Murphy's play you jump all over them. If we hadn't of traded down Spencer Long wouldn't be on the team.
Do I need to explain it again?

1. My top choice in the 2014 draft was Stephon Tuitt.

2. We traded down and missed on him, which I didn't agree with.

3. When we ended up selecting, I liked that we did take a front 7 player - a DE/OLB combo - and I especially loved that we took two offensive linemen with our 3rd round picks.

It's now 3 going on 4 seasons later and both players have developed into players that are quality players.

Why would I not like them?

The reason I jumped on people last offseason and the season before about Trent Murphy was because we tried to use him as Orakpo's replacement at ROLB in 2015 and I felt since the second we drafted him that that decision was a mistake.

I felt since we drafted Murphy in 2014, that he was a LOLB or DE, not a ROLB. He is a Kerrigan type OLB but since we had already had Kerrigan as a pro bowl LOLB we should have started putting weight on Murphy and transitioning him to DE in 2014. So, when people kept blaming Murphy for not doing much, I took the position that the team was using him wrong and he wouldn't be successful as a pass rusher at ROLB going against LTs. I said they needed to switch his position and they should have never tried to make him a ROLB. That's the reason I defended Murphy, and you know that.

Again, you are totally misremembering or taking my positions out of context.

I don't know what you are talking about with Spencer Long. I was very critical of Long in 2015 after Lauvao got hurt and Long became our starter at LG. I felt Long played poorly in 2015 but he was young so I was willing to give him another year to develop to see what he could do. Then, of course last year - after another year of development - he becomes a solid started at C.

The moral here is sometimes these young players just need a few years to develop. You can't expect every 2nd round or later draft pick to be an immediate star or major contributor. Most times it takes a few years of development for draft picks to become good Nfl starters, if they ever do.

People need to be more patient when 2nd round and later round draft picks are developing.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bro's allow me to give you a brief sales pitch. Watch this and tell me this isn't the kind of player we need in the second round. Im not into the modern "Sinatra" type music that accompanies these highlights, but it doesn't detract from what this kid brings to the table- A true centerfielder big play safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etRckhYGZVw
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Bro's allow me to give you a brief sales pitch. Watch this and tell me this isn't the kind of player we need in the second round. Im not into the modern "Sinatra" type music that accompanies these highlights, but it doesn't detract from what this kid brings to the table- A true centerfielder big play safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etRckhYGZVw
Depending on who's available I'd love to take Marcus Williams.

My thought process is that one of the following will be available:

Quote:
Raekwon McMillan, Jarrad Davis, Chris Wormley, Montavius Adams, Christian Wilkins, Dalvin Tomlinson, DeMarcus Walker, Pat Elfin, Dion Dawkins or Dan

and I'd rather have them than Marcus Williams. Chances are that Marcus Maye, Justin Evans or Josh Jones will be available for us in round 3 and I don't think they are that big of a drop in talent from Williams.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSID412 wrote:
Put me down for Tanoh Kpassagnon if it falls like this. While he is a little raw I think his upside is huge and that he would be a great fit for us.

Didn't realize we could pick another player. I'm changing my vote to Tanoh. You guys know how much I love this guy

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Chris Wormley, he's a very good DL. He may never be a pro bowler but I think he could be a starter for this defense day 1 and have an impact.

Quote:
Wormley made an impression in his redshirt freshman season of 2013, making 19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, and 2.5 sacks as a reserve. He started six times as a sophomore, recording 21 tackles, five TFL and three sacks. Wormley finished his time "up north" by winning the team's Defensive Lineman of the Year award in each of his final two seasons. He was a third-team All-Big Ten pick in 2015 (14.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks) and a first-team selection in 2016 (nine TFL, six sacks) for the Wolverines.

I'm not sure what's not to like about Wormely and why we would pass on him in round 2... His final two years at Michigan he had 23.5 TFL and 12.5 sacks.

Who wouldn't want that as our 5-tech/RDE on our defense for the next 5-10 years?

If we were playing roulette with the draft I'd bet he ends up with the steelers- perfect fit and kind of pick they make
Yeah and he'll probably play like a pro bower while we pass on him, just like when we passed on Tuitt to trade back in 2014.
1. Has Tuitt ever been to a pro bowl?

2. You love Trent Murphy and Spencer Long so why are you complaining?

3. Your boy Bruce Allen did that trade.
I said "play like a pro bowler" meaning a pro bowl caliber player. I'm sorry I couldn't write it in a way where you could understand what I meant.

And yes, I do like Murphy and Long but I didn't agree with that trade down because I wanted Tuitt in the draft and he was available with our original pick.

It is possible to like the players we drafted but to also like the player we passed on when we traded down more, isn't it?

Or are you going to come up with some kind of stupid rule that a poster can't be against trading down and passing on a player but then end up also liking the players we ended up drafting as well?

You don't have to make this so hard. You're hatred for me is ridiculous.
It just seems like you always want to play both sides. You whined for months after we made that trade down, but now if anyone criticizes Spencer Long or Trent Murphy's play you jump all over them. If we hadn't of traded down Spencer Long wouldn't be on the team.
Do I need to explain it again?

1. My top choice in the 2014 draft was Stephon Tuitt.

2. We traded down and missed on him, which I didn't agree with.

3. When we ended up selecting, I liked that we did take a front 7 player - a DE/OLB combo - and I especially loved that we took two offensive linemen with our 3rd round picks.

It's now 3 going on 4 seasons later and both players have developed into players that are quality players.

Why would I not like them?

The reason I jumped on people last offseason and the season before about Trent Murphy was because we tried to use him as Orakpo's replacement at ROLB in 2015 and I felt since the second we drafted him that that decision was a mistake.

I felt since we drafted Murphy in 2014, that he was a LOLB or DE, not a ROLB. He is a Kerrigan type OLB but since we had already had Kerrigan as a pro bowl LOLB we should have started putting weight on Murphy and transitioning him to DE in 2014. So, when people kept blaming Murphy for not doing much, I took the position that the team was using him wrong and he wouldn't be successful as a pass rusher at ROLB going against LTs. I said they needed to switch his position and they should have never tried to make him a ROLB. That's the reason I defended Murphy, and you know that.

Again, you are totally misremembering or taking my positions out of context.

I don't know what you are talking about with Spencer Long. I was very critical of Long in 2015 after Lauvao got hurt and Long became our starter at LG. I felt Long played poorly in 2015 but he was young so I was willing to give him another year to develop to see what he could do. Then, of course last year - after another year of development - he becomes a solid started at C.

The moral here is sometimes these young players just need a few years to develop. You can't expect every 2nd round or later draft pick to be an immediate star or major contributor. Most times it takes a few years of development for draft picks to become good Nfl starters, if they ever do.

People need to be more patient when 2nd round and later round draft picks are developing.

Can you guys take that somewhere else? I thought we were discussing what to do in Round 2? Not rehashing old stuff

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
LFOX21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put reddick on the outside and draft McMillan to pair with zach brown

Reddick. Brown. McMillan. Kerrigan.

Oh baby! I like!
LFOX21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or trade down with dolphins and take either McMillan or jarred davis
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Unfortunately, this front office thinks they got their long term replacements in the guys the signed already.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Unfortunately, this front office thinks they got their long term replacements in the guys the signed already.
That's a pessimistic viewpoint that I don't share. Manusky has said that they are going to focus on building the defense through the draft.

When this current front office had issues with Orakpo probably being gone after 2014 and issues with the OL in 2013, they drafted an OLB and two OL - both are now starting - and all 3 have turned out to be good players for us, as well as our 4th round pick who is our #2 corner and was our #1 corner in 2014 & 15 before Norman was signed.

It's a wait and see for me. I can't say for certain that they're going to have a solid defensive draft and get multiple starters from it but if the 2014 draft is any indication, it's very possible.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

That's a pessimistic viewpoint that I don't share. Manusky has said that they are going to focus on building the defense through the draft.

When this current front office had issues with Orakpo probably being gone after 2014 and issues with the OL in 2013, they drafted an OLB and two OL - both are now starting - and all 3 have turned out to be good players for us, as well as our 4th round pick who is our #2 corner and was our #1 corner in 2014 & 15 before Norman was signed.

It's a wait and see for me. I can't say for certain that they're going to have a solid defensive draft and get multiple starters from it but if the 2014 draft is any indication, it's very possible.
The Orakpo situation is a bad example. One, he had already been here and was on his way out. The two new DEs have been signed to come in and start. Two, Orakpo had one year left on his deal and the two new DEs are here on multi-year contracts.

I don't have a problem with the front office signing McClain and McGee. I have a problem with how much money they gave them, they are paying them like starters, and I think they are rotation players not starters.

Now do I think we could have drafted an immediately starter at DE in this draft? Not likely. This is a pretty weak draft for 3-4 Dlineman IMO. That doesn't make the McClain and McGee contracts good contracts though.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

The Orakpo situation is a bad example. One, he had already been here and was on his way out. The two new DEs have been signed to come in and start. Two, Orakpo had one year left on his deal and the two new DEs are here on multi-year contracts.

I don't have a problem with the front office signing McClain and McGee. I have a problem with how much money they gave them, they are paying them like starters, and I think they are rotation players not starters.

Now do I think we could have drafted an immediately starter at DE in this draft? Not likely. This is a pretty weak draft for 3-4 Dlineman IMO. That doesn't make the McClain and McGee contracts good contracts though.
This is a strong draft for 3-4 DEs, not NTs though.

In the first two rounds there will be Allen, McDowell, Brantley, Wormley, Charlton (I think he could play 5 Tech or 4-3 DE/OLB he reminds me of a poor version of Bosa last year and better version of Murphy - could play either position) Adams and probably Watkins taken.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

In the first two rounds there will be Allen, McDowell, Brantley, Wormley, Charlton (I think he could play 5 Tech or 4-3 DE/OLB he reminds me of a poor version of Bosa last year and better version of Murphy - could play either position) Adams and probably Watkins taken.
Taco is not a 3-4 DE. It wouldn't surprise me if Allen is the only 3-4 DE that goes in the first round of this class. That is not a strong class.

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the pick is?

Smile
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Taco is not a 3-4 DE. It wouldn't surprise me if Allen is the only 3-4 DE that goes in the first round of this class. That is not a strong class.
I guess strong is a the wrong word, but it's not a weak one either. It includes a top 5 prospect, 2 top 20 prospects. Charlton is 6'6, 280, like Bosa he could be asked to slide inside on passing downs) and 3 or 4 other top 100 prospects. Prior to the 2016 season, Charlton flashed for Michigan but was mainly a backup and also was used inside at [defensive] tackle.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017DE.php#Wol0izvvLhmgRmRJ.99

MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was very close, but the 2nd round pick is Guard Dan Feeney from Indiana. 3rd round will be posted shortly.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: